Back to Tools for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tools for Data Science by IBM

What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you'll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, JupyterLab, RStudio IDE, Git, GitHub, and Watson Studio. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Skills Network Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Watson Studio and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers....

AJ
Sep 15, 2020

Absolutely Loved this course!! Challenging at times to keep up with all the terms and processes. The course provided great insight into Data Science. Would highly recommend it as your first course.

RR
Apr 24, 2019

To the contrast of other reviews, I find the content very well bifurcated and fed to the learners. The course very easily digestable and I have had a great amount of fun learning it.. Go for it!!!!

151 - 175 of 3,585 Reviews for Tools for Data Science

By Danesh T

Apr 23, 2020

In the modern digital world transformation of world and the data science is very useful in our daily life activities and increases the quality of life and now a days the information is the wealth and it is used in the future career and so many applications of data science is used.

By Maksim M

Mar 7, 2019

This course gives good practical understanding of the open source tools for data science, such as Jupyter Notebooks, Zeppelin Notebook, RStudio IDE, IBM Watson Studio. Now I know what they are and how to use them, although had absolutely zero idea about the matter before taking the course.

By Monica A

Jul 19, 2020

Really good course. It listed so many important commercial and open source tools and provided material to explore and do hands-on on the important ones like GitHub, Jupyter Notebook on Watson Studio. It also showcased the entire process of how modeling works in data science.Thanks alot !

By Benson N K

Jul 12, 2019

An extremely nice course, easy to understand and easy to follow video directions shared by the instructors. Ave learnt so many open source tools that I can use in various data models and how identify the best tool to use depending on dynamics of the data and tasks ahead. Kudos IBM Team

By Gilberto F

Dec 2, 2018

Once again is a pleasure for my be part of this Awesome courses in this brilliant website who help people to improve their skills, in my case with 2 financial aid approved I have no words to describe how I feel right now. Many thanks to all people who make this possible.

Happy Learning.

By Andrea C

Apr 18, 2020

I thought this was very informative and relevant. What I didn't like was the lack of integrity that some of the people using the course have. They clearly were giving bad marks on assignments for no reason. Working in Data Science requires integrity so if you don't have it, get lost.

By GK M

Apr 15, 2021

Excellent course for whoever wants to start exploring Data science as a career options or just use it to solve real life problems using large and complex data. It encourages the users to go beyond the content and explore the emerging world of technology which supports data science.

By Jai K B

Jul 28, 2021

I am glad to complete this level.

Useful concepts and theories for learning RStudio and Jupyter Notebook/Jupyter Lab and Python and IBM Watson. I learned a lot from this course.

Thank you so much IBM and Coursera for select me and trust on abilities.

Best Regards,

Jai Kumar Baakeriya

By Zakaria A

May 26, 2019

The course is engaging and interesting. It is really good and would recommend to anyone who wants to take a look into data science and start working on it. The ungraded assignments may be a bit confusing but you will manage to get through. Overall it was a fairly good experience.

By Shruthi K

Apr 24, 2020

This course was very helpful. This course taught me what are the open-source tools used in Data Science and how to use them. Happy to learn new things. Thankyou Coursera and IBM. And also a big thanks to the instructors who made this course. Looking forward to learn more things.

By Dragoljub R

Mar 25, 2020

I've been able to learn basics in data science software. It was a nice experience and an introduction to something I am looking for to learn. I would recommend to all without prior experience, though those who have already worked with those tools this course won't mean too much.

By Samuel D S

Mar 12, 2020

As I have an old laptop with 3GB RAM, I had a lot of trouble running my IBM Watson. Only when I changed to a laptop with a 4GB RAM, I was able to run my IBM Watson. But I had a difficult time trying to figure out how to solve this problem. But overall it was a very good course.

By ASHISH K

Mar 12, 2020

I think the practice with the ed courses really helped me . And i would like to add the online Jupiter book is really awesome which saves us downloading and installing other software.

The course instructor approach was really commendable and the concept delivery was really good.

By Ruiming Y

Mar 31, 2021

Fantastic course! I have been hoping to learn how to use Jupiter notebook systemically for a long time, and this course provides a best chance to do that. I also learn how to use markdown and I can say I am even more specialized than some of my friends who are programmers lol!

By Jake Z

Jan 21, 2020

Great course! I was already aware of Jupyter Notebooks but it was great seeing the other tools available along with their pros and cons. Learning about the IBM Watson capabilities is also incredibly useful for at home projects where my pc only has so much processing power.

By Nadeesha J S

Mar 18, 2019

The other courses I took are too easy sofar for me. One course is like one lecture to me in college level. I am not sure how this is gong to help. I would expect the courses to get harder. However. I learnt a lot from this course as it asks us to do a lot of extra reading.

By Moray B

Apr 17, 2019

Great course. I knew some python, SQL, Jupyter before but all very point knowledge. The first course provided some great data science context and I now understand at a high level Zeppelin and RSudio, and how to work in both a Cloud production environment with Watson Lab.

By Ashfaaq I

May 7, 2020

I learnt a lot in this course. I was able to start a new journey with open source tools for data science and the videos in the course were clear and easy to understand. I would recommend this course for any future data scientist to learn his/her tools for data science.

By Penélope L L

Sep 12, 2020

Very useful to give you an orientation when you know nothing about programming or data science. Yo will have an approach to different useful tools. Two of them are Github and Jupyter notebooks. You will learn how to start to use them. That was what I liked the most.

By vaggac

Dec 26, 2020

Amazing course. It's a good course for newbies like me. A course designed in a simple way to explain complex things. The course provided great insight into the tools of Data Science. Definitely, I like to recommend this as one of the first courses for data science.

By Faizan A S

Oct 31, 2019

I was an awesome Kickstart to the data science tools and i am really excited to explore more courses in the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Course. In the End i would like to thank my instructors and Also Coursera for giving me the opportunity to learn .

By Venkatalakshmi A N

Nov 7, 2019

The course introduced me into a variety of tools and languages which I found very intriguing and useful. I'd recommend it for anyone who is looking to enter the field of Data Science. It is a beginner level course and will help you to understand things with ease.

By Shuyao H

It is an easy and quick overview of popular tools for data science. Learners can know the basis of these tools and how to get access to them. Most importantly, IBM introduces their platform and one can write Python and R without downloading them to the desktop.

By Farooq Y

Mar 30, 2020

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical before starting this course. However, the more I get into it, the more I realise why this course alone teaches you more than hours and hours of youtube videos. Props to the course creators. It is very interactive and fun.

By Abi G

May 6, 2019

A perfect wonderful course for beginners. The "IBM data science experience" has been changed now to "IBM Watson Studio". It will be little helpful if we get a new videos about how to operate the instances and add notebooks, as some of the GUI has been changed.