Back to Tools for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tools for Data Science by IBM

What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you'll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, RStudio IDE, Apache Zeppelin and Data Science Experience. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Cognitive Class Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Data Science Experience and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers....

RR
Apr 24, 2019

To the contrast of other reviews, I find the content very well bifurcated and fed to the learners. The course very easily digestable and I have had a great amount of fun learning it.. Go for it!!!!

AJ
Sep 15, 2020

Absolutely Loved this course!! Challenging at times to keep up with all the terms and processes. The course provided great insight into Data Science. Would highly recommend it as your first course.

151 - 175 of 3,147 Reviews for Tools for Data Science

By Ashfaaq I

May 7, 2020

I learnt a lot in this course. I was able to start a new journey with open source tools for data science and the videos in the course were clear and easy to understand. I would recommend this course for any future data scientist to learn his/her tools for data science.

By Penélope L L

Sep 12, 2020

Very useful to give you an orientation when you know nothing about programming or data science. Yo will have an approach to different useful tools. Two of them are Github and Jupyter notebooks. You will learn how to start to use them. That was what I liked the most.

By waqas t

Dec 26, 2020

Amazing course. It's a good course for newbies like me. A course designed in a simple way to explain complex things. The course provided great insight into the tools of Data Science. Definitely, I like to recommend this as one of the first courses for data science.

By Faizan A S

Oct 31, 2019

I was an awesome Kickstart to the data science tools and i am really excited to explore more courses in the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Course. In the End i would like to thank my instructors and Also Coursera for giving me the opportunity to learn .

By Venkatalakshmi A N

Nov 7, 2019

The course introduced me into a variety of tools and languages which I found very intriguing and useful. I'd recommend it for anyone who is looking to enter the field of Data Science. It is a beginner level course and will help you to understand things with ease.

By Shuyao H

It is an easy and quick overview of popular tools for data science. Learners can know the basis of these tools and how to get access to them. Most importantly, IBM introduces their platform and one can write Python and R without downloading them to the desktop.

By Farooq Y

Mar 30, 2020

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical before starting this course. However, the more I get into it, the more I realise why this course alone teaches you more than hours and hours of youtube videos. Props to the course creators. It is very interactive and fun.

By Abi G

May 6, 2019

A perfect wonderful course for beginners. The "IBM data science experience" has been changed now to "IBM Watson Studio". It will be little helpful if we get a new videos about how to operate the instances and add notebooks, as some of the GUI has been changed.

By Ahmed B

Dec 27, 2020

This course provided a very comprehensive overview of the various tools and platforms used for the tasks involved in the data science lifecycle. The most popular open-source tools and libraries, and commercial platforms like IBM Watson Studio were discussed.

By Thomas d A d O

Apr 28, 2020

O curso mostra diversas ferramentas interessantes para a Ciência de Dados e possui uma ótima organização. A ferramenta de laboratório disponível e utilizada é ótima para a prática do conteúdo e até mesmo experiências na criação de notebooks e bases de dados.

By Sumanta S

Aug 10, 2020

This course gives you an insight into the different tools available in different platform like Microsoft, Amazon and IBM , This course talks in details about IBM Watson and different services available. like Jupyter notebook and SPSS, data scale up others.

By Tebogo V A

Jan 10, 2020

The course is amazing however the layout is a bit confusing especially with the platforms that were introduced on Watson studio. I feel like they need to introduce all the platform but choose one that will be used for the module. But overall it was awesome.

By Juan M H T

Dec 9, 2020

Great quality content, it covers a wide selection of tools for Data Management, Integration and Transformation, Visualization, Model Building, Model Deployment and many more. It also gives extensive introduction to some of them with Hands-on activities.

By Heath W

May 27, 2019

This is a great intro to a couple of the tools that one would need to be familiar with in order to be successful in Data Science. This area is going to require some extra work on the students' part to get familiar with the tools but is a great lead-in.

By Stephen M

Mar 23, 2020

I enjoyed this course. The opportunity to work with Zeppelin notebooks, R, and Watson studio was great! The only small stumbling block was the old videos on Watson Studio. But you know about that and I'm sure you are actively working on it. Thank you.

By Carol L

Jul 30, 2019

Este es un curso introductorio a las herramientas de analisis de datos, especialmente la de IBM. Me agradoó mucho porque se sentraron en la herramineta mas que en los lenguajes que se deberian manejar, los cuales serán abordados en los proximos cursos.

By Morgane B

Jul 21, 2020

Ce cours est utile pour se familiariser rapidement avec un certain nombre d'outils data utilisés dans le monde à l'heure d'aujourd'hui. Les explications sont assez claires. Pour les labs et les devoirs, il faut juste suivre les consignes à la lettre.

By Pedro C G

Dec 4, 2019

It is quite god to get to know the tools available

Recommendations, there are some changes to the current platforms, that information should be updated.

Question, why did we sign on to cognitive lab if the assignment will be completed in Watson Studio?

By VENKATESAN N

Apr 8, 2020

It was awesome learning from coursera. Contents are well created to be understood by anyone easily. It's amazing and i wish everyone who is interested in data science should take up this course. Looking forward to take up more courses in course era

By Rodney C B

Aug 8, 2019

Very good intro to the tools available.

The improvement to the training would be also how to do it in my own computer without connecting necessarily to an external tool and then once I'm ready use the tools IBM provide for a professional deployment.

By James C

Mar 23, 2019

I enjoyed this class. It gives good exposure to Jupyter and Zeppelin notebooks, as well as IBM Watson Studio. Students can spend extra time with these tools to get more depth of knowledge (but still introductory knowledge). Also includes some R.

By Bright O

Oct 29, 2019

The learning has been broken down step by step. This has helped me gained deeper understanding about RStudio, Zeppelin Notebook, Jupyter, Python 3 and more. Now I feel more encouraged to continue the course till the very end. Thank you Cousera.

By Christopher T Y E

Jun 28, 2019

good intro to very very surface essentials of watson, zeppelin, jupyter, rstudio. though i didn't like the relatively extensive reading. video tutorials would be easier to follow cos a pic speaks a thousand words! but tqvm for this course!!!!

By Badal S

It is an amazing course that helps us understand the basic tools required to be a Data scientist. The course was indeed insightful and I highly recommend the aspirers of data science or analytics to begin this course and have happy learning.

By HVictor

Sep 18, 2019

I've only had the chance to work with Jupyter notebooks as its what I had originally started learning with. This course allowed me to see other tools that are out there. Expanding my visibility into areas I had otherwise not been aware of.