Back to Tools for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tools for Data Science by IBM

What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you'll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, JupyterLab, RStudio IDE, Git, GitHub, and Watson Studio. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Skills Network Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Watson Studio and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers....

AJ
Sep 15, 2020

Absolutely Loved this course!! Challenging at times to keep up with all the terms and processes. The course provided great insight into Data Science. Would highly recommend it as your first course.

RR
Apr 24, 2019

To the contrast of other reviews, I find the content very well bifurcated and fed to the learners. The course very easily digestable and I have had a great amount of fun learning it.. Go for it!!!!

201 - 225 of 3,298 Reviews for Tools for Data Science

By Jatin S

Jun 4, 2020

The Tools which were mentioned in the course are really helpful and important.

Through this course, you can get to know about various tools used in Data Science with their use and explanation. I really liked this course.

By Apurva R

Mar 25, 2020

Though the interface in the videos were little outdated, the IBM professionals are working on it to make it better. The style of teaching is incredible. Extremely responsive team. Thanks for giving us a chance to learn.

By Sandro P

Jun 10, 2021

I am grateful that the internet have Coursera, a platform to spend my time learning something new. After following the second part of this course, I am excited to continue to the third part of it. Thank you Coursera!

By Sri s s 6

Oct 5, 2019

this was a very good course, to kick start the basics of various IDE's and how to use them on the cloud. This course is very helpful in providing knowledge and outlook of many new technologies that i am not aware of.

By Gilmar N

Feb 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course! I had a very poor knowlegde of Zepplelin for instance, now I even consider using that tool more often! Besides, learning how to better use Jupyter is a great experience worthy the time!

By Ramesh B

Aug 15, 2020

I did learn something about Data Science tools but not thoroughly. Hope to learn further on the tools and its application. I know now that IBM Watson Studio is great to do Data Analytics. Thanks to the instructors.

By Max P

Sep 15, 2020

Some videos are of inferior quality. And subtitles at times inconsistent with what people in video are saying. Also in R lab some insonsistencies, such as the code that should be added in the end is already added.

By Josias S

Apr 9, 2020

Excellent content for someone who has no programming background! I will recommend to anyone to sign up cause even if you might doubt that you don't know much, by the the end of the course you will feel like a Pro!

By Muhammad U N

Mar 14, 2019

This course introduced me to the open source tools available for data scientists. The good thing about this course is introduction to multiple tools rather than a single tool and exercises to practice on the tool.

By Anish K

Jul 20, 2020

This course has given me basic understanding of tools used in data science and its uses. It has given me confidence that folks who don't have computer science background can also master the data analysis skills.

By Adenuga B o

Apr 27, 2020

This track has exposed me to tools i never knew existed as a beginner, I have learnt how to use them and I am pleased to have gone through the track, my gratitude to my teachers and IBM for putting this together

By Anirudh G

Aug 6, 2019

We get to learn the basics of all open-source data science tools and their working in IBM Watson Studio and IBM Data Science Workbench. Tools we learn here are Jupyter Notebooks, Zeppelin Notebooks, R Studio IDE

By Wei H

Mar 10, 2021

I have learned much knowledge about data science. And there are so many tools and programming languages to deal with it. They are useful and Intelligent and i have more interest to join the data sicence world.

By KAIRAV T

Apr 14, 2020

An amazing course providing great exposure to data science basics and tools for data science. The amazing explanation regarding the benefits of the cloud computing in the world of data science are dope as well.

By David G

Sep 8, 2020

I enjoyed learning about these tools available for Data Science. This introduction did some to show the capabilities but would need more study and use to master them and learn more capabilities of these tools.

By Avinash B

Aug 13, 2020

Nice Course, You can have a look at all data science tools we can use for different tasks of data science..

And how IBM Watson Studio integrates all tools at a single place and makes data scientist's life easy.

By Madhuvarshini R

Jun 29, 2020

Its really been a Great experience of exploring the tools to be used in the journey of Data Science. I thank Coursera for offering such a phenomenal course for young Data Science aspirants to hone their skills

By Ahmad A

Jul 10, 2020

Really the team who are working on that is amazing and from down of my heart i thank you so much

i have learned so far how to use the needed tools to my project and how to link my work in github with the team

By Ruhul A

Mar 27, 2020

This seems to be a good start to know the tools in the field and have a brief introduction on each one of them, must for someone who is looking for a trend which Data Science had and has in past and present.

By Abhimanyu S

Nov 4, 2018

Very nice course. This course gives a detailed introduction to the IBM Watson Studio along with other important tools for Data Scientists. It's a must do course for all beginners in the field of Data Science

By Anteneh A Y

Apr 13, 2020

I have made a rock foundation after taking this class! It gives you a guide that you can expand it with other resources over the internet and books. It is an excellent guide and content is also fun as well!

By Zayani M

Sep 10, 2018

It's easier than it looks. I was anxious when the mini lessons started using jargon that was unfamiliar to me. But when I started watching the demonstrations and doing the exercises, it all made more sense.

By Danilo N V

Jun 28, 2020

Excelente curso para aprender quais são as ferramentas mais utilizadas para ciência de dados. Além de fazer um Overview sobre essas ferramentas o curso vai além e dá dicas de como começar a utiliza-las.

By RISHI K

Jul 24, 2020

ONE CAN ACQUIRE BEAUTIFUL KNOWLEDGE TO THE TOOLS USED BY DATA SCIENCE COMMUNITY ALONG WITH APPLING THEIR SKILLS ON PRACTICAL ASSIGNMENTS AND PROJECTS ON THE USEFUL PLATFORMS ,

ITS WAS A NICE COURSE .

By Giulio C

Apr 13, 2020

It serves perfecty its aim that is giving a first glance of the open course tools for data science. Of course each tool is briefly touched and it hands over the student the duty to deepen each tool.