Back to Tools for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tools for Data Science by IBM

What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you'll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, RStudio IDE, Apache Zeppelin and Data Science Experience. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Cognitive Class Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Data Science Experience and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers....

RR
Apr 24, 2019

To the contrast of other reviews, I find the content very well bifurcated and fed to the learners. The course very easily digestable and I have had a great amount of fun learning it.. Go for it!!!!

AJ
Sep 15, 2020

Absolutely Loved this course!! Challenging at times to keep up with all the terms and processes. The course provided great insight into Data Science. Would highly recommend it as your first course.

276 - 300 of 3,161 Reviews for Tools for Data Science

By Patrícia P A

Jan 17, 2019

São muitos recursos e um mundo de ferramentas. O curso passa pela mais relevantes e propõe atividades práticas em cada uma delas. Muito bom ter este panorama.

By Lydia

Jan 31, 2021

Informative course: the course introduces Jupiter Notebook and R Studio. Good start to learn more about programming languages that are used in data science!

By VINESH P

May 16, 2020

A great course especially for starting with Jupyter Notebook, Zapellin or R studio. IBM Watson Studio is definitively the most crucial aspect of this course

By Azhan A

Sep 5, 2019

Awesome course. Lots of Learning. These free sources adds lots of ease to your work, its like everything tool you can think of is present in a single place.

By Onkar S

Aug 23, 2019

Really helpful in terms of getting a knowledge about the main core technologies used in Data Science.I would recommend this course to the absolute beginner.

By Girish B P

Jun 26, 2019

Course content was good, but IBM watson contents need to be updated and lots of issues while creating project. hopefully it gets resolved for other students

By Valentine D

Apr 19, 2020

A very good course for anyone who wants an understanding of the opensource tools available for Data Science. I had a very good experience and learnt a lot.

By jorge

Apr 6, 2020

It was helpfull to know which tools you can use, a small presentation of all of them. After, you have to find new tutorial to learn about them more deeply

By Ekwoge E B

Jun 10, 2019

This course help open a very broad area of tools to use for Data Science I had no idea even existed. I am thrilled and motivated to work on this even more

By Maria N L

May 16, 2019

Excellent introduction to basic open source tools used in data science; however, the content needs updating since the UI of IBM Watson Studio has changed.

By Raíssa B T

Mar 3, 2020

I liked very much the content. I know is an easy course, but I'd like to see more of what can be done, the languages etc. Thanks IBM for all this effort!

By Muhamma S

Feb 21, 2020

This is very useful course because I am only know the tool like juypter notebook , but course tells me about other tools like zepline , R studio , Amzing

By Jorge A C C

Nov 30, 2019

Muy recomendable, me encanto la oportunidad de poder hacer uso del Jupyter, Zeppelin, R en los entornos como el Skill Network Labs y el IBM Watson Studio

By Mayank A

Jan 24, 2019

This course of Open source tools for data science was very helpful in knowing about the tools and technologies which are used in data science techniques.

By Avoaja U c

Dec 13, 2018

Very informative course, It offers a gentle introduction to machine learning. And IBM has provided tools worth thousands of dollars for free to learners.

By Rama C S

Oct 4, 2020

Very informative, organically designed, and has useful lab work to make a great start. I particularly liked the crisp content along with precise videos.

By Daniels E C

May 13, 2019

This was informative. I like the tools, as my computers usually can't hold many programs. Some courses are too focused on softskills. This was tangible.

By M. M R

Jun 25, 2020

This course taught me how to create Jupiter notebook and use it, very helpful as I'm just a beginner and don't know how to use Jupiter notebooks before

By François J

Sep 23, 2019

Nice overview of tools available. Regarding the usefullness and the power of the IBM Cloud i wish we would have digged much mor einto their solutions.

By Israel S S

Jul 25, 2019

Great course! I learned the generalities of the tools available to start studying data science. And I had the opportunity to build a practical example

By Mohamed F

Dec 24, 2018

This course is really good and give basic ideas about various data science tools viz Jupyter notebook, zeppelin, R Studio IDE, IBM Watson Studio etc.,

By Hasib

May 13, 2020

This is an amusing course that helps to learn about how to the tools that's needed for data analysing ,data visulazition, in a word for data science.

By Sneha R

May 2, 2020

I got the chance to actually use open source tools like Jupyter Notebook, Zeppelin, RStudio on IBM Watson Studio. The overall experience was Awesome!

By Julien D

Jun 28, 2020

I really liked this course. I had no problems at all. I also liked Romeo Keinzler. But, I think this should be labeled an Intermediate level course.