Back to Tools for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tools for Data Science by IBM

What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you'll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, JupyterLab, RStudio IDE, Git, GitHub, and Watson Studio. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Skills Network Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Watson Studio and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers....

GC

Apr 12, 2020

It serves perfecty its aim that is giving a first glance of the open course tools for data science. Of course each tool is briefly touched and it hands over the student the duty to deepen each tool.

RR

Apr 24, 2019

To the contrast of other reviews, I find the content very well bifurcated and fed to the learners. The course very easily digestable and I have had a great amount of fun learning it.. Go for it!!!!

401 - 425 of 3,842 Reviews for Tools for Data Science

By Matheus L T A

Jan 30, 2019

Great course to learn about open source online tools and the basics on what Data Scientists are using to develop their researches.

By abiyot b

Dec 3, 2021

the course was very important and helpful to me, but why not give me the certificate for completing this course? please send it ?

By Anvar N

Sep 3, 2021

This is a complex topic to absorb especially for people without prior data science experience, but Coursera has done a great job.

By Marco A L

Feb 5, 2019

I discovered new tools that I did not know.

IBM Watson and Cognitive Lab are awesome. Plus, the benefit of being part of coursera.

By Wafic E

Mar 20, 2021

Very informative course , it constitutes a solid introduction to the most used and available tools in the Data science community

By ADU I O

Feb 2, 2020

It's a very practical course, giving me a direct access to the tools and languages used by Data Scientists all across the globe.

By Dinara K

Jan 9, 2020

I like the course. It gives brief description to open source tools for Data Science, you can learn about IBM Watson Studio also.

By Muhammad A

Jan 22, 2022

I learn a lot form this course, it will give you idea of all tools that using in Data Science, I will continue to next course.

By Jose F

Nov 29, 2021

Excelente curso, muy didáctico y fácil de comprender. Además me mostró herramientas disponibles que no tenía idea que existían.

By Yohanes S

Oct 4, 2021

I'm glad of learning this course because I know that IBM has already had important features in order to work with Data Science!

By Franco A D

Oct 7, 2020

Nice and practical course, ideally to understand and see some of the most used tools on Data Science. This is a beginner level.

By Yashraj J

May 3, 2020

It is the best course on data science in coursera, I have ever took and after taking this course u am confident about my skills

By Sushant K S

Feb 15, 2020

This course is very helpful in understanding different types of Open sources platform regarding data science and their feature

By Lakshminarayana D

Sep 12, 2019

Great Learning Experience in getting the knowledge on the multiple data science tools with cloud lab, Thanks to the professors.

By Harish K N

Jul 6, 2019

Great course! The only negative is that the peer-reviewed assignments take more time and it might delay your course completion.

By Aditya C

Mar 22, 2019

The course is a good starting point to the various tools present and does a good job at making the course taker ease into them.

By Abhishek P G

Jul 4, 2020

I like the way we got involved into practice by setting goals which are a bit challenging yet we want to achieve successfully.

By Benjamin S

Jun 7, 2020

Very easy introduction into data science concepts and tools. Video production and materials are top-notch and easy to digest.

By Nickolas A

Jan 22, 2020

Good introduction to the tools I will be using throughout the course framework. Explanations well laid out and easy to follow.

By Michel M d S

Jan 19, 2020

Although there are some outdated content, the course provides valuable insights ant it's actually worthy the time spent on it.

By Abhinav K

Nov 11, 2019

Good number of open source tools have been given by the course. Hope we get to make use of some of the tools in future course.

By rivelino m j

Aug 10, 2020

It is challenging for me, because I do not know nothing about programming. despite of that, I am enjoying and learning a lot.

By Matt M

Jan 24, 2020

Course is a little out-dated, but still manageable. Would like to see an update to what is actually active on the webpages.

By Ankita S

Aug 18, 2019

It is one of the best training I have ever accomplished . Each and every module is beautifully designed . Love you Coursera.

By Sarah D

Aug 6, 2019

Thanks. This was helpful for beginners - but the content Is not up to date. It references an older version of Watson Studio.