Back to Tools for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tools for Data Science by IBM Skills Network

What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you'll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, JupyterLab, RStudio IDE, Git, GitHub, and Watson Studio. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Skills Network Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Watson Studio and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers....

GC

Apr 12, 2020

It serves perfecty its aim that is giving a first glance of the open course tools for data science. Of course each tool is briefly touched and it hands over the student the duty to deepen each tool.

AJ

Sep 15, 2020

Absolutely Loved this course!! Challenging at times to keep up with all the terms and processes. The course provided great insight into Data Science. Would highly recommend it as your first course.

476 - 500 of 3,918 Reviews for Tools for Data Science

By Anwer A

Sep 7, 2018

I learned a lot about what tools are available to do Data Science, and what IBM has to offer for the same purpose.

By Ayman T

Nov 9, 2020

After finishing such a great course, I can say that now I'm starting to apply data science concepts without fear.

By Bridget D

This is a great class for those who want to become familiar with the tools and software that data scientists use.

By Leandro L R

May 8, 2020

Excellent. I suggest to update the slides with Watson studio. It took me a while to find where the notebooks are.

By Pablo C S

Mar 19, 2020

De maneira rápida e didática expõe as ferramentas abertas disponibilizadas pela IBM, na área de Ciência de Dados.

By Keith C

Feb 4, 2020

This course gave me the confidence that I can in fact learn about Data Science and excites me to learn even more!

By Hannah H

Jan 27, 2021

I loved getting to use some of these tools hands-on. Can't wait for future classes where we'll go more in depth.

By Arving M G E

Apr 17, 2020

Its a fantastic way to start learning about R, Python, Spark, R Studio. Watson Studio is such a great interface.

By Pratik S

Sep 11, 2019

Course very thoroughly describes all the open-source tools for Data Science. Guided notes as well. Very helpful.

By Bishwajit P G

Jun 15, 2019

It helps me a lot to clear my doubt and help me to understand how to use various type of tools for data science.

By Gary T

Feb 4, 2019

I am learning so much; delivery method, content and structure of this course is intoxicatingly exciting and fun.

By Utkarsh Y

Jan 11, 2019

The course gives an introduction to the Data Science tools , namely Watson Studio, Zeppelin & Jupyter Notebooks.

By Victor A d S

Jan 14, 2022

Excellent course for those who are starting and don't know which tools to use and which ones to start learning.

By Promise U

Jan 5, 2022

T​his course provided with overall knowledge to push me to the right direction in my career path (Data Science)

By Zulaiqa R

Oct 17, 2021

Quite easy to follow for complete beginners, also comprehensive in introducing all relevant data science tools.

By Prakash G

Apr 24, 2020

Good introduction about interactive notebooks, tools for data science. looking forward to become data scientist

By Richard B

Jan 23, 2020

At the beginning overwhelmed but the videos and interactive exercises helped me understand the tools presented.

By Muhammad A

Jul 1, 2022

this is great you will try hands on in cloud of ibm watson studio. it provide drag and drop modelling. awesome

By Darshan K

Jun 1, 2022

This is the best one. All tools required for the Data Science are covered extensively wit practical knowledge.

By JAI S

May 19, 2021

Via Course It was very nice to see tool we have for data science. How we can use them to play around with data

By Anand G

Apr 15, 2020

A great insight into the basics of some open softwares required to kick-start your journey into Data Sciences!

By Timothy R

Aug 19, 2019

The IBM Watson studio section needs an update, apart from that it is very easy to use and hosts great content.

By AMAN K

Jul 30, 2022

I​t really introudced me with variety of wonderfule softwares that makes implementation faster and effective.

By Rahul U G

Sep 13, 2021

This course boosted my experience in data science field , thank you coursera for providing such good content.

By AGBOGBA A

Dec 15, 2020

I really like and enjoy this course. It was very structured so that anyone can learn by his own and anywhere.