Back to Tools for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tools for Data Science by IBM

What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you'll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, RStudio IDE, Apache Zeppelin and Data Science Experience. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Cognitive Class Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Data Science Experience and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

RR
Apr 24, 2019

To the contrast of other reviews, I find the content very well bifurcated and fed to the learners. The course very easily digestable and I have had a great amount of fun learning it.. Go for it!!!!

AJ
Sep 15, 2020

Absolutely Loved this course!! Challenging at times to keep up with all the terms and processes. The course provided great insight into Data Science. Would highly recommend it as your first course.

2326 - 2350 of 3,096 Reviews for Tools for Data Science

By Allison E

Apr 19, 2019

Links and screenshots are badly in need of being updated. I had to find my owns way to sign up for IBM Watson, and it still took over 24 hrs for me to get my login verified. Then when you are finally signed up, the video tutorial isn't relevant because it's not the latest version of IBM Watson Studio being discussed.

By Sebastian F

Aug 11, 2020

Die ganzen IBM speziellen Tools halte ich für unnötig. Es hat ein bisschen den Eindruck der Werbung für die IBM Produkte. Wer wirklich Interesse an den Produkten hat, der wird sich von selbst darüber informieren. In diesem Kurs sind die Videos uninteressant.

Der erste Teil des Kurses mit Python und R ist gut gemacht.

By Rishika S

May 24, 2019

The course was good although I felt that some elements which were difficult to grasp could have been elaborated more. Also, the videos are I assume old, so the actual site which is now IBM Watson has completely changed, so it became difficult initially to get to it. But, it got great when the actual work started.

By Rui Y

Oct 12, 2020

The general introduction could be useful for beginner who is new into the tech industry. I would recommend to look at the sections first before start. If you know them already, please skip as it doesn't not provide anything new. In addition, why do I have to pay subscription fee to watch IBM training videos?

By Alexandru F

Jul 23, 2019

Decent overview of the open source tools used in Watson Studio. I would have liked a more hands-on approach, but considering that this course comes after the "What is Data Science?" introductory course, it fits the purpose of broadly understanding what Jupyter Notebooks, Zeppelin Notebooks and RStudio is.

By Joaquin G R

Feb 8, 2019

I changed my mind. This course is not so bad. I don't rate it 4-5 because I don't like the fact that the interface in IBM Watson Studio is not the same as the current one which makes it a little bit confusing and because some of the videos have audio issues and introduce some concepts without explantion.

By jayanta a

Oct 23, 2020

In this one, I am giving a 3 star, not because of the course content. But because of the way it is delivered.

Without a proper introduction to various things such as Git or GitHub, codes are thrown at the screen suddenly. And it is confusing. Though a proper reading material comes at a much later stage.

By Rebecca A R

Mar 4, 2020

Instructions are not very clear at all and almost impossible to follow. Things took a lot longer than they should have just to get to where you needed to be. The work required was not difficult, but the lack of instructions on how to navigate and get where you needed to be was extremely frustrating.

By Michael L

Aug 22, 2020

Week 2 was not very well produced. The IBM produced videos were very well done. Had to do some self-service poling around to get information that should have been presented in the course work. Each time I visit the IBM Watson studio it is a new exploration to get started on assignments/projects.

By Caroline V j a

Jul 3, 2020

The tools are at a very very high level and covers so much on machine learning. A beginner needs to learn about the basics of Data science before taking up a course on the tools. Otherwise it will not be of much use. It covers lots of machine learning terms which a beginner might not aware of.

By Bard W F

Mar 18, 2020

Course has a lot of information which is outdated from the tools. This should be updated at least by a text file. Also note that the test tool does not work with a computer running linux which also should be informed.

Else the topic was great and the course was really interesting and compelling.

By Katlego M

Aug 18, 2020

The videos have no sense of continuity. There is also a section where the video lecturer who is showing us how to use jupyter notebooks is rushing through the tutorial and even gives a video lecture from his car. Not as professional as I would like or expect for something of Coursera's calibre

By Lukas L

Dec 9, 2020

Some videos were unclear. For example, the one where teacher were sitting in the car. I could feel that he was in a rush at the moment, and has to make a course at the same time. In some other videos repeated the same problem - speech was unclear and not all things were properly explained.

By Diego L

Apr 2, 2020

I got some problems with R Studio with https://labs.cognitiveclass.ai/ it stops several times so I decided to use the IDE with IBM cloud. The lesson was a little bit too much easy for me and a little bit boring maybe next time next time the course could use only tools present in IBM cloud.

By Clayton S

Feb 2, 2019

Very IBM centric but I guess you get that on an IBM course. However I was getting a few problems with some IBM sites until I upgraded my account (time outs/ errors etc) so I would suggest doing that using the free coupon - I think this issue is more prevalent in places outside the USA?

By Thinh N

Oct 2, 2018

At the end of the course, what you need to remember is that "we have a very useful platform for data science that is IBM Watson Studio". However, because it is an enterprise software, its price is very high. So you should end up using something else or be restricted in its Lite version.

By David B

Jan 27, 2020

A little disappointed this module of the course was only really markdown and focused a lot on IBM's products rather than actual technical code. However, I understand that others taking this course are most likely very new to coding and data science, and need an introduction like this.

By Melissa K

Feb 24, 2019

Course content should be updated for IBM Watson. No point in having tutorials to show you where things are when it looks different in reality. Also, I think the videos assumed learners had a baseline knowledge and just glossed over things that would have been nice to learn more about.

By Nachanan

May 23, 2020

The content of the course is shown to be widely-known in the data science field as there are many discussions in the internet regarding this topic. However, the videos in this course are not up to date which cause many issues in practical side of the course and also the assignments.

By Steve A K

Nov 11, 2019

1) The course itself is way too fluffy. It's more like a marketing brochure of the IBM services.

2) And it's not even a good one as the name of the systems have changed, the way they are operating has changed, and you can not even do some of the tasks by following the course anymore.

By Peter C

Jan 19, 2020

The course was excellent to introduce the tools you have promised us. However the narrator of Zeppelyn Notebook and RIDE videos was not engaging enough. It would be more efficent and engaging if you can introduce those two tools in the same manner as you did with Jupyter notebooks.

By Alvaro L

Mar 11, 2020

The content and resources for learning are excellente. However, I had a lot of problems for signing in the IBM cloud and it is impossible to contact Coursera for help. At last I managed to have my account, after some hours lost, and some emails sent directly to IBM Cloud helpdesk.

By stefania s

Dec 5, 2019

the third week was very tiring. the use of Watson studio was not intuitive and the videos did not explain well what to do. I lost a lot of time creating a project because I had a different configuration than the one shown in the video. I had to enable options that were not default

By Herbert P

Mar 10, 2020

The general outline of the course is very interesting. However, the content is getting old. Furthermore, there were technical issues on the IBM cloud that blocked many people (including me) to finalize the course. I spend 30% of my time trying to solve technical issues.