Back to Optimizing a Website for Google Search

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Optimizing a Website for Google Search by University of California, Davis

Learn the ins and outs of optimizing a website, from conducting an initial audit to presenting your findings and recommendations. Hands-on activities include learning how to select and apply appropriate keywords throughout a website, incorporating keyword research in a content marketing strategy, and optimizing a site for local search. You will also learn strategies for setting goals and client/stakeholder expectations, building effective analytics and reports, and communicating SEO improvements....

SP
Nov 24, 2020

Amazing! must do for the people who wants to work in the SEO and Web optimization field. General people and Entrepreneurs who owns and manages their own site can also find this course really helpful.

SH
Sep 2, 2019

This has to be the most informative and useful SEO course on the internet. The instructor has provided so much value. I highly recommend this course for anyone seeking in-depth value of SEO.

251 - 257 of 257 Reviews for Optimizing a Website for Google Search

By Indika B

Oct 25, 2020

If transcript of videos were available great. and the interface is not familiar.

By Wang Y

Nov 27, 2020

It is in general a well structured course. However, I am disappointed that many of the contents are outdates for 3, 4 years. Even though much of the principles remain the same, SEO techniques and tools have evolved greatly over the past few years. As a result, completing this course does not provide me sufficient details for me to implement SEO with current best practice. Not to mention that the assignment as well as parts of the course material can be frustrating because some of the concepts that they refer to no longer exist or function differently today.

By Mandy T

Oct 19, 2020

The course is definitely informative and extremely helpful, I love it!

But I am slightly disappointed with the peer grading assignment, I made several mistakes on my assignment which I didn't include significant details but I still scored full marks.

Also, I realized many students were offering to give full marks in the discussion area to get help to review their assignments in return.

By Rogerio S T

Mar 25, 2021

The course can be very informative, but limited resources for newbies as to complete assignments. The hands on part of this course could use a better structure.

By Tenille G

Oct 27, 2020

Overall a good course, however lacks major content and details for actually starting an SEO career.

By Ivo M P C

Mar 15, 2021

The core of the course is nothing new, i believe you can learn the same stuff by doing a google garage course, or even by watching some video on youtube. Also, the lady keeps talking about "you can find this and course material" but i didn't find anything, there is even a lack of reading material in some of the stuff, but again, you can find this in free courses online. I did the first two courses, and they were ok, but this last one was a bit disapointing, and it even took away my motivation for the course. I finished it, but i didn't felt like i was learning something new. I will eventually start and finish the 2 last courses of this program and hope to learn new stuff. I wouldn't recommend you to spend money in this course, there is a lot of similar courses for free online.

By Ammad A

Mar 8, 2021

Given that this was the third course in the specialization, I had hoped it would be more insightful than the first two (the first two contain more substance). Some of the topics could have been covered in more depth and some should be omitted altogether. For me, the course was a bit too repetitive and could easily have been condensed with the second course in this specialization. With that said, I did find it to be helpful.