Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JA
Jun 21, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

2526 - 2550 of 2,723 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Ali E

Mar 22, 2019

Definitely not a power user course. The first hands-on lab asks the user to create, copy, and delete a couple of files and directories using Windows GUI. This is more like an intermediate course.

By Jessica L S

Sep 27, 2020

Packed with a lot of useful instruction, but very confusing to me in the end. I barely struggled through the final Graded Assessments and it left me feeling like I had not learned one thing well.

By Gerardo A

May 23, 2020

This course was really a challenge and you have to go back and review your notes to be able to answer and figure out the labs. It somehow gives you an idea of what it's like in the real field.

By Stuart J R

Feb 20, 2020

As a total beginner to linux, there were a few too many commands for me to take in at once. It would have helped if there had been more practice in between videos so that i could try it out.

By Steven A L

Sep 16, 2018

Some labs weren't recognized by using the powershell which is how we learned it so I was stuck for a moment until I sent in a help inquiry which should add details to the lab for others....

By Maura W

May 11, 2018

Uneven. Some lessons really skimmed the material and were not very useful. And this is another course where the supplemental reading could be selected more carefully to be more pertinent.

By Angel S

Sep 26, 2019

I know that software in so critical and important with computers and technology. I think this course has been the most difficult for me and it will take me a while to learn the commands.

By Syed Z A

Aug 31, 2020

The instructions in some labs wasn't complete like in the last lab Week 6 Linux lab there was no information what is the proper file name of the file we want to change permissions for.

By Mahiyar

Feb 27, 2018

Good course to get your feet wet. Though to become a real tech support wiz, one has to find ways to go deeper, knowledge wise, and keep the ever updating knowledge base refreshed.

By Marion H

Apr 17, 2018

good class with a lot of info. I would say break it in to a few smaller labs where we practice the command lines more to get better accustomed with stuff and it would be great.

By Wesley D

Apr 18, 2020

This would be so much better with an environment to practice what we've learned. Some of the lessons were impractical (or even dangerous to my system) to practice on my own.

By Brad P

Feb 23, 2020

I Linux, I thought they went fast showing all the different commands. Trying to remember all of them was difficult. The woman instructor talked fast and was hard to follow.

By Mark B

Nov 17, 2018

Excellent program and teaching, but the laboratory is a disaster (not the exercises in the laboratory). Too often you run into issues that have nothing to do with the course.

By David R A

Jun 3, 2018

When you complete the the graded assignment on the VM instance, the wait time for the completed confirmation is too long. keeps you wondering if you need to retake or not.

By Chien W

Oct 9, 2020

The bugs made the course more difficult during the hands-on exams. They will also only allow the one way you're taught when they may be multiple ways for the solution,

By Ben E

Jan 21, 2020

The last lab needs more work. Learning with linux for the first time can be challenging so maybe adding scenarios/problems to get us more familiar with the program.

By Katelyn R

Apr 19, 2020

I typically really enjoy these courses, but the final labs were difficult and I had to take some time away from the course before I could come back and complete it.

By Benjamin O

Jan 10, 2019

I feel like the tests could include better instructions at times, especially week 3, and somewhat for week 6. specifically on LInux, the lesser known platform.

By David M

Apr 5, 2020

The course is very informative but there should be something telling students if they can not type a certain WPM they will not be able to complete the program

By Hayley O

Oct 4, 2020

Very informational. Instructor tells you how to do something but doesn't do a great job of explain how to know what to do or why she does what she does.

By Anthony M

May 14, 2020

Not sure on how students were supposed to keep up with the commands. Create more section for follow along work in bash or powershell in addtion to labs.

By Miller L

Oct 11, 2018

The qwiklabs were really difficult to work with. They would either not score correctly, or constantly shut down in the middle of working on a project.

By Dan M

Dec 8, 2020

Too much bouncing back and forth between windows and Linux, would be nice to stay in one interface for longer in order to practice and retain things.

By Anthony A

Mar 23, 2020

The final Linux lab made me rate this course lower. The lab was not allowing me to complete errors even though I had entered the commands correctly.

By Jellyfishezie

Feb 18, 2019

The course is good and most things are explained well, but the endless qwiklabs bug one after another, takes the score of course down quite a bit.