Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JB
Dec 27, 2020

This course was very informative and challenging. I really appreciate the way the course was put together. It would be ore helpful if the links to the readings were from material other than Wikipedia.

SG
Nov 27, 2021

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

2926 - 2950 of 3,907 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Amanda L

Jul 16, 2021

This is a wildly useful course but it covers a huge amount of material. Access to both Windows and Linux, even if it's just a VM, is a MUST because there's really no way to learn this material without practice and repetition outside of the regular class material.

By Adrian T G H

Jul 19, 2018

I guess it is a pretty good course for absolute beginners. Most system admins should have no problem finishing all the graded labs in an hour, that is waiting for the labs to be prepared takes longer than the time needed to complete the labs themselves (windows)

By Sandon T

Jan 8, 2021

This course was definitely tough. This would be great with lots of examples provided. Had to look elsewhere for more and better examples most the time; very time consuming. Other than that, learned a lot and became more aware of the day-to-day of power users.

By Jemuel B

Jan 1, 2021

Very thorough and comprehensive course! Only issues with be is that there are errors with the subtitles here and there but they aren't lesson breaking just really annoying. And the Linux portions of this course could have been expounded on a little bit more.

By Gena L

Apr 1, 2021

Tons of good information and helpful tips - take lots of notes and make sure you keep a log of all the commands you learn. Docking one star because some of the Labs are super slow/glitchy and you will need to figure our workarounds to make progress in them

By Jairo S G

Mar 21, 2021

Estuvo bien pero las herramientas de practica son horribles porque literal hay veces que no te las cuenta y las tienes que repetir 10 veces o se bugea y no funcionan correctamente sin mencionar que cambiaron el sistema y la interfaz grafica empeoro mucho

By Eric H

Oct 10, 2018

the labs, as amazing as they are, were sometimes very glitchy and while I could do all the right steps, something within the lab would be messed up and I would either have to restart the lab completely or find a work around that would be seen as accurate

By Trina B

Apr 20, 2021

I felt the course itself was informative. However, the labs were horrible. There was so many errors with the lab itself. The labs really need to be updated or removed with something else. A lot of other students were having issues with the labs also.

By Michael M

Sep 30, 2021

Most difficult course so far. A few of the quiz questions weren't in the videos and I had to guess, felt kind of upset with myself because I read the supplementary readings to the best of my ability even though most of it is like a foreign language.

By Chimmula A R

Aug 28, 2021

This is really helpful in understanding how the basic tasks are donr in Operating Systems.

In this course mainly Linux and Windows are used to explain all the basic tasks for a rogrammer to know.

Overall the course is really informative and helpful.

By Muhammad A M

Mar 13, 2021

I think graded assessment in week 6 with windows is broken because there's a problem with "Update VLC" task, even though i've completed the update but the grader won't recognize it. Other users have experience the same problem too. Please fix this

By Frostedflakes24

Oct 12, 2021

I loved this course and enjoyed it all the way through. I'll be going over it again though as I feel a refresher would be nice. I would liked if I had more practices with linux which I'll do on my own of course. Besides that everything was great.

By Lisa M L

Nov 8, 2020

The last Linux graded assessment was tougher than it needed to be. I think clear, concise notes would have been helpful to know what commands you have to use to complete the graded assessment. Other than that - this was a very informative course.

By Stephen G

Jan 14, 2019

The windows assignments were incredibly buggy, and the solutions for the permissions on the last linux exam were anything but real world. Who would solve a no permissions for a secret file by giving every user and group access to it for example.

By Audrey C

Oct 24, 2020

The last test was hard, and I think there was a broken install that prevented me from updating software, though I'm not sure as I haven't gotten much sleep and may be totally forgetting something. according to my notes it's a big ol' ?????????

By Manabu T

Jul 27, 2019

This course is suitable for beginner to understand what kind of skill would be required to work as IT Specialist.

I like this course even though I have touched linux command to install package and etc.

I can't wait to learn more about IT job.

By Andrea W

Jun 6, 2018

Create content and easy to follow. My only suggestion is to provide more opportunities to practice the content so we are able to absorb and use the material with ease. Give opportunities to have guided practice and then practice on our own.

By Nicholas T

Jul 10, 2019

The instructor for this course was great. However, there needs to be a printable index of the the commands used in Power Shell and Bash. There were way too many to remember, especially when you add the various qualifiers to the commands.

By Christine O

May 12, 2019

I give it four out of five stars due to the great lingering issues with using Qwiklabs, I understand they are the vendor for this program but they make it so fustrating that their have been several times I have wanted to quit the program.

By Pramod J

Mar 1, 2018

Very useful. Had issues with graded assignments with system. Also the instructor was little bit fast for a new beginner in Linux. The instructor was definitely a linux wizard from what I can tell but little too fast for a new learner.

By ayumi t

Sep 9, 2021

I wish i wrote down all the commands i used in powershell and linux so in the end i didnt have to go back and rewatch the videos for the commands... other than that i love this course. Some of the quizzes should have more questions.

By Mishia S

Mar 22, 2021

I liked it. My knowledge of everything I had learned was challenged and I liked that, the most important thing is to understand the commands how to use them and please PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! both linux and especially windows

By Husein P Y

Oct 23, 2020

One of the hardest courses I have taken yet. It is a good thing that I saved the links to the supplemental readings. I will read them all to learn more about everything that was taught. Thank you, Cindy, for the amazing lessons.

By Kyle S J

Mar 13, 2019

I think this course had some really good points, but the labs were atrociously awful. The instructor, Cindy, was really good about explaining what she was going for. I'd like a lot more practice at the whole command line stuff.

By Konstantina K

Mar 5, 2018

I would give the full five stars if I didn't have to go through a lot of troubleshooting for many of the lab exercises. Other than that, an amazing hands-on course that doesn't just explain the theory without any real examples.