Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JB
Dec 27, 2020

This course was very informative and challenging. I really appreciate the way the course was put together. It would be ore helpful if the links to the readings were from material other than Wikipedia.

JA
Jun 21, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

276 - 300 of 3,094 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By James R

Mar 29, 2021

Great course, really helped organize the various things I knew and things I did not in to a comprehensive course, tying it all together and developing a solid foundation. I do not feel as intimidated to move ahead.

By Zahid A K

Apr 12, 2020

Believe me this course is one of the best I have come across as it has a lot of practical aspects in it and I really liked that as it was very engaging and that helped me understand a lot of things about the topic.

By xinku

Jan 28, 2019

this is a great course for everyone with little computer fundation,it will teach the most important and basic knowledge and skill so you can use computer smoothly and efficently.realy thanks for suplying the course

By Melodie M

Nov 8, 2020

I am being challenge with these course. I am hopeful that one day these will be easier for me to use. I have never worked with Linux environment so this is all new. I have used the command line but very little.

By Michael R H

Apr 6, 2020

Great introduction to material. Accurately and intelligently summarizes most important skills to be learned while not feeling like its a bare bones summary (which it is, but its a great foundation to start from).

By Joseph G

Jun 20, 2019

This course was excellent. Cindy is an enjoyable instructor. No filler material or fluff in any of the lessons - just wholly useful information and exercises. I'll be using Bash and PowerShell much more often now!

By Biplab G

Dec 26, 2020

This is best course for the one who wanted to learn basic of OS for both Windows and Linus Users . Really appreciated the efforts the Trainer has put . I am Thankful yo Google|Coursera for this informative course

By Panama P

Feb 24, 2018

Many gaps were filled in about the Windows OS and I learned a lot about the Linux OS.

The course was well designed. Some of the Labs had connectivity issues but over a great experience!

Cindy is a great instructor.

By Scott S

Lots of good hands-on knowledge. I recommend using VirtualBox and setting up a virtual machine so you can follow along with both Windows and Linux. Mirroring what the instructor does in the CLI was very helpful.

By RAM K D

May 13, 2020

This is the most important topics for the IT support specialist for manage every needy work like install, update, remove, modify the file permission as well as software from command line using windows and linux.

By Matthew C

Aug 7, 2019

not really packed full of information, but enough to make you dangerous. if you go off on a tangent (at your own leisure) from the suggested readings, then you will be well versed in how operating systems work.

By Om D

Apr 1, 2021

That was some really interesting and fascinating course, just out of curiosity I opted for this course for fulfilling my interest in bash and Linux, and guess what ..... I will consider opting for another one.

By Jaewon S

Jan 21, 2021

This was one of the Better courses. It was easier to follow and it really tests your knowledge at the end. Most of the material was daily life issues that most people would run into and learning how to fix it.

By Donald C I

Jan 24, 2021

This course really helped my understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems. I became very familiar with Powershell and bash commands to do various tasks while connected remotely to a vm. Thanks Google.

By NWAFOR C

Dec 29, 2020

I enjoyed every bit of the lesson videos. I was taught how to read and troubleshoot logs, and how to navigate and solve computer problems especially when it comes to accessing operating systems remotely.

By Bharat P

Sep 9, 2020

Although the course is a essential part of the IT support, there is lot of commands used was not cleared up how you get there. For example installing Google Chrome. How you find the end part of the Command?

By Earnest M W

Apr 26, 2018

Cindy you were amazing! I am so thankful for you and Google putting this course together. I feel like I am ready to take on some tough challenges and solve some problems for some people. Thank you so much!

By Muhammad I M C

Mar 8, 2021

The course is great, the content is so full of information, knowledge, real-cases, and i love Cindy as my instructor in this course, she is cute and great person that brings enthusiasm within myself to learn

By Md. F R

Jul 26, 2020

This is an amazing course for someone to become a powerful operating system troubleshooter. There is a lot of things you'll learn to troubleshoot your real-world problems in Linux & Windows from this course

By James C

Sep 23, 2020

This was a fantastic course. There is a lot of good information packed into it. Don't be nervous about the amount of work that it looks like. It was very straight forward and very easy to pay attention to.

By Larry H

Mar 8, 2020

Although I'll need some time to remember some of the commands in Linux, I really enjoyed working within it and after I build my tower, I plan on partitioning my hard drive so I can train more within linux.

By Jack O

Jun 15, 2018

With this course you do not only get the Windows side of things but I also really enjoyed learning more about Linux than I ever thought I could. Instructions are correctly paced so you won't miss a thing.

By Daniel O D

Feb 16, 2021

This course has been the most formidable introduction to better understanding the tools I use as an IT Support specialist. Linux and The Windows operating systems have tools I never imagined ever existed

By Sean K

Nov 17, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed my time learning and growing with this course! I hope it continues to help others who don't have college in mind and that it launches careers in IT for many people for years to come!

By Britannia G

Jul 5, 2020

I felt I learned a lot of practical information in this course. It was nice to learn that I actually knew some of the stuff, even if I didn't necessarily understand what I was doing or why - I know now!