Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

SG
Nov 27, 2021

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

JB
Dec 27, 2020

This course was very informative and challenging. I really appreciate the way the course was put together. It would be ore helpful if the links to the readings were from material other than Wikipedia.

3051 - 3075 of 3,769 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Joe F

Jun 27, 2018

Lab scoring takes a while and sometimes doesn't work. I had to do the Linux process killing lab twice

By Donna S

Jun 16, 2021

This one was confusing. NO help and just you figure it out. I did and I passed but it was confusing.

By Zian Z

Jul 31, 2020

Overall kind of interesting, but sometimes tedious. Mostly memorization which is not my strong suit.

By Justin L

Jul 10, 2020

Linux typos make this course very frustrating at times but if you have patience you can learn a lot.

By Hildegárd K

Oct 9, 2021

Be careful with Quicklabs, it may try to trick you. If you know what you are doing, you'll succeed!

By Shitanshu D

Jan 26, 2020

very good course but some more information and proper steps through pic is required in logs module.

By Justin G

Jun 11, 2019

Learned a lot, more VM's to practice on would help a lot, even if they are not towards final grade.

By Johnny L C I

Apr 26, 2020

Good Course to give you a real feel for how to perform basic management of Windows and Linux OSes.

By Luis M

Aug 18, 2019

I liked this course. in Linux I had to do further research but it was to help me succeed and learn

By Andrew A

May 13, 2018

It is not too difficult, nor too easy. It is just right. There are a lot of things I have learned.

By Alexis A

May 11, 2018

This course is a good intro to IT for new users. But there should be more interactive assignments.

By Roberto C M

May 3, 2021

This course was tough but taught me a lot. Coursera support was great when i was stuck on a task.

By Andrew S

Mar 24, 2021

I think this was one of the more fun courses. I liked the interactivity - it was easier to learn.

By Mortimer L

Dec 20, 2018

There is a lot to learn (and practice) here for this challenging course (if you are new to this).

By SAMUEL S A ( B C T

Sep 18, 2021

Very demanding course but thanks to vibrant and kind support personnel , everything made simple!

By John D

Nov 28, 2019

Very interesting but a bit complicated as we use the CLI and not normal standard user interfaces

By Frank L

May 28, 2019

Overall pretty straight-forward, some of the steps in the labs could be a little bit more clear.

By Eric

Dec 1, 2018

I wish they would fix the glitches with quizzes. It affects my confidence in what I am learning.

By Hilary S

Mar 22, 2018

The only thing holding this back from being a 5 star review is the glitchy qwiklabs environment.

By John T

I’m glad to have a chance to use Linux in this course because I have never used it much before!

By Kyle T L

Jan 20, 2020

Linux Lab was very diffcult, considering the minimal amount of instructions that were provided.

By Javier R

May 5, 2018

The course labs should have more practice sessions in order to have the materials well in hand.

By Brian

Feb 19, 2021

Some question-based exams would be more helpful than only labs with step-by-step instructions.

By Anthony M

Jul 21, 2020

Learned a lot of information. Powerful stuff that I will no doubt be using in the near future.

By Leslie J

Jul 17, 2019

May need more practice opportunities using some of the Linux commands before testing a student