Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JA

Jun 22, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

MA

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

26 - 50 of 2,291 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Dwight C

Mar 20, 2019

I have renewed some of the skills I knew plus added a lot of skills I din't have

By Ankit B

Aug 20, 2020

This course covered lots of information. However, it would be nice if the labs And graded assessments were somewhat interactive. What I mean is that it should ask students to complete some tasks based on the topic covered and not show them exactly how to do it. But, if they get stuck stuck they can click on the hint button or something to help they move forward. I feel that this course is defini Very important and sometimes Cindy was going through super fast with commands she was typing. Lastly, if students are using Putty for Qwiklabs, then all of the course material should be shown in that instead of in Linux GUI.

By Alexandria S

Aug 31, 2020

I had trouble with the last two quizzes and now I can't go back to take them because I exceeded the times for taking the test. Now I can't get all 5 certificates for taking all the courses the only thing I didn't pass were two quizzes which I didn't understand and I needed help with them and couldn't get any help.

By Hail B

Jul 06, 2018

Good course, one must be willing to dig in much deeper on the subjects as they are discussed very briefly.

By Joseph S

Feb 13, 2020

Week 6 is broken

By Santos R G

Dec 04, 2019

I rate this course as the worst one yet, NOT because of the topics, instructor or even exam, but because of the horrible problem with the Finally LABS. This has been documented for over a year on the messages board, and Coursera, Google nor qwikLab have done NOTHING to address the issue. I think it a sign of disrespect to the students effort, time and money put towards improving their knowledge. I am disappointed with all three parties, how can you teach a course on IT , and NOT get your system corrected !

By Jose M V M

Feb 25, 2019

This is one of the worst courses I have ever taken. And it's not bad due to the classes or topics or even due to being a hard course, but because they have chosen to use the WORST grading tools. They almost never work and when they work (not often) you are not even properly graded, missing half the score and other problems like that. This means that you are forced to get on the tool again and pray for it to work (it won't) and hope you can finally get the right grade.

By Ahmad S

Jun 19, 2018

1) I had a horrible time accessing the qwiklabs. Then when I finally pass them and received emails confirming my achievement. I go back to course outline and Coursera said I did not complete yet.2) Instructions/lessons learning the different commands on three different platforms was very quick and in my opinion does not allow the audience to fully digest material and develop individual skills sets.

By jorge R

Jun 10, 2018

Great content, and great teacher but unfortunately the windows lab ruined it of for me. They never work I spent days re-doing them. Please fix it since I believe that this could be a great class. Unfortunately, this class is not for me I am extremely frustrated with course so I am quitting. I just hope I can get my money back since all the work I putted in has no value without the certificate.

By John M

Mar 03, 2019

Rife with technical errors preventing grading to parse correctly, as well as certain modules failing to load (windows) or have the correct PPK (linux via PuTTY).

Fantastic information in the course. Horribly frustrating to get it to register as complete. Had to email support multiple times to get them to just give me credit for a busted lab.

By michael m

Sep 24, 2018

The labs are ridiculous! The one for Linux is the worst! I had to do it multiple times and even though I completed all of the requested steps, I only received 80%. I will not recommend this course anybody because of the labs.

By Jerry A

Feb 10, 2020

no stars. all the labs following the guide , is it all correctly but the progress mark it never works, it keep it showing zero marks. Waste of time as I don't get the certificate course as I completed it.

By Thiago F N

Jan 02, 2020

Horrible, this course apart from Linux is pretty bad. Unlike the others the instructor doesn't seem to be interested in teaching and the exercises are so vague and simple, not challenging at all.

By Shreyas B

Feb 10, 2020

Quicklabs is not verifying my process even though I have completed the given task. Due to this, I cannot pass the quiz and cannot submit my assignment.

By Walter A

Jun 15, 2018

The course was very enlightening but the issue with Qwiklab not syncing the grades properly made this course not enjoyable.

By Peter S

Feb 06, 2018

The Linux stuff is pretty good, but the Windows tasks are far too remedial. Also, the grading doesn't work half the time.

By John A

Feb 18, 2019

Labs are horribly run by Qwiklabs with poor response and function. I wish Google had run this program.

By Ryan B

Feb 18, 2019

The instructor and material were great. Qwiklabs dropped the ball and ruined the entire experience.

By Justin A G

Feb 11, 2020

Qwiklabs doesn't work for this course so I'm unable to complete this course and my certificate.

By Andrew M

Sep 19, 2018

it sucks that there is noone to contact to fix a problem.

im verry disatisfied.

By Erick A B

Mar 06, 2018

Cannot get grades to update. How are we to learn if the courses are broken?

By Omar M

Mar 06, 2018

This have being such a frustrating experience nothing is working correctly

By Eleanore C

Sep 04, 2018

unable to complete qwiklabs - no access once I upload the VM instances

By Joshua A

May 10, 2018

most of the labs were buggy and I had to troubleshoot a lot.

By Devin B

Jun 28, 2018

Very poorly made last labs at the end of the course.