Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

BO

Apr 02, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

MA

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

51 - 75 of 2,273 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Thomas, C H

Apr 09, 2019

it wont record my score i need customer service

By Eric K

Jul 10, 2019

The labs were terrible in this course.

By David F S

Feb 24, 2019

The lab's not work. Please fix it.

By Maurice B

Jan 30, 2018

The labs don't work as intended.

By Yuan Y

Feb 26, 2019

poor

By Yash P S

Feb 21, 2018

Very good course for a beginner like me. I was a little aware about Ubuntu, but windows command line, is something which I used for the first time. Again the course is very well prepared and delivered with right spirit keeping in mind the audience's beginner attitude and understanding. The best thing I have observed in the courses of this Google certificate programme, is the gradual build up of knowledge. There never seems to be moment where the successive lessons shows any gap in concepts from their predecessors. I just loved this part. Thanks a ton for all this. I would say, every single person, whether or not they are planning to take up career in IT, they should take this course, more than Job, this course is actually making people IT literate, which is a must in 21st century.

By OUSMANE D

Jul 14, 2020

Wonderful and amazing course with excellent teachers explaining every single details of the course for permitting me to step in the managment of operating systems . I really will be a powerfull operating systems user .

I owe you this knowledge.

Helping learners with simple and clear explanations like this is not given to everybody.

Thank you very much for your endless effort and time . Google in partnership with coursera are really doing good job to learners and I invite everyone willing to extend your knowledge in a specific area or changing career path to come , learn and get new skills. Coursera is indeed of of the most important online learning platform in the world. IT's helping me in my career change from linguist to IT .

By Jonathan E

Mar 21, 2018

An amazing course for someone you may get something out of it even as a seasoned user or admin. Doesn't go deep into powershell, but it does introduce package management through powershell and also introduces chocolatey which is very nice.

I feel a lot more comfortable navigating through linux shells now and I don't even bother installing desktop environments at times now just straight shell! It does not go into great depth on typical piping strategies or the obscure text editors it comes with, but through my own research as well the supplemental readings I am now comfortable with VIM and actually know how to close it without having to look it up on google. I'm assuming the automation course will tackle these in more depth.

By Taylor B

Oct 07, 2019

This course materiel is very technical. Do not fall in to the trap of fooling yourself into believing any of these concepts are going to be quickly mastered just because you are able to grasp initial concepts. Coursera, Google, our Proctors have all done a great job of relaying these concepts and fundamentals in a way that is easy to grasp and easy to understand, that mistakenly gets translated into thinking that mastering these concepts will be simple, or an easy undertaking. That will not prove true for most of us. Most of us are going to have to dedicate time toward practicing these fundamentals, working with them, memorizing them via submersion. The more I learn about this, the more I realize how little I know.

By Michael B

Sep 12, 2020

There was a lot of information to learn, especially with using the Command Line interfaces. It was hard to know what i needed to memorize, what to prioritize, and what to just get a brief understanding of. There was a demonstration of a mock job interview, and after watching, I left feeling EXTREMELY unprepared for anything like that. I understand that I still have much to learn, but perhaps that should have been made much more clear prior to the demonstration, because I can only assume that I should not be able to do an interview like that, with the information I currently have from the course. Other than that, the course was great and taught a lot of great information in an easy to use format.

By Julisa S

Jul 04, 2020

I am literally in tears. I never imagined that I had what it takes to learn things as I have been. I am not a techy computer 'nerd'. But I am becoming more and more fascinated by discovering what is possible in this realm. I am so proud of myself for making this far. All the jargon with commands can be discouraging. But you can't give up, especially after you overcome it. You have to see it through. I still feel like I could learn a lot more just by reviewing the material I have already covered, however, my attitude has changed towards technology and I have noticed my ability to troubleshoot is improving. I am so happy and satisfied right now.

By Steven C

Oct 08, 2018

Brilliant! Even seasoned IT Pros will take a little something from this course. I love learning and have been in IT for years now. I wish we had a course like this when I first started. I have picked up some awesome tips. I would recommend the full IT Support Course to anyone looking to learn more about IT Support.

If you are completely new to the world of IT support. I recommend taking your time and making notes, this will help you with the graded assessments at the end of the course. Also, be patient with the labs. They are an excellent way to give you hands on experience and you do get ample time to complete the tasks :)

By Frankie J

Aug 23, 2020

Overall, this was a great course that contained a lot of useful information that I'm sure will be useful in all aspects of computer use. My biggest criticism is that it was hard to follow along and do the programming at the same time as the instructor because she had pre-saved certain things for each example. It would be good if the classes provided some directory information for how to get set up to work along with teachers using CLI/Bash examples prior to even moving beyond the class intro. Apart from that, I loved this teacher's teaching style.

By Ahmed I

Jun 17, 2020

Ohhooo! the course journey was amazing. I learn so many interesting deep things about OS's. I learned so many powerful things like Power Shell & Bash command, about user & groups, permissions, software & package management, file system types, process management, remote access, virtualization and the very most interesting & super helpful logs.

In week 6 lab I was most struggle for submit assignments, i tried 4 times to pass the assignment. I must complete next tow courses in IT Support Professional Certification. Thanks!

By Kyle M

Mar 20, 2020

I enjoyed the review. As someone who has experience, this is helpful to get hands on experience while looking for a new job. I can't give myself the experience of providing remote support by myself, so this course was very useful. I look forward to the next course.

Three things that I missed while studying this course are: the Powershell ISE; the object oriented features of Powershell, and; BASH scripts. I am not complaining, but I wanted to mention that both of these fit into the subject material of the course.

By Andria

Jun 30, 2020

Good material and well presented. Runs through everything quick enough you don't get bored or lose interest but not so fast you can't keep up. I enjoyed learning some new commands and a bit more in depth on some I was already using. My only nitpick (and its a very small one) would be that there is a bit of time wasted in having the instructors talk about what they are going to talk about...seems kind of redundant but the time sent on it is minimal so not really an issue that impacts learning the material.

By LaGayla B

Mar 12, 2020

Hello there,

I can not say, "Thank you!" enough. Taking this course is so rejuvenating. I am a first generation University graduate that worked very hard to put myself through school clear to completion and yet my career has been a very challenging one. Due to this, the cost of completing the University degree has caused great concern at times. Taking steps to complete this course gives me such hope and preparation for a more stable career future. Very grateful for the course.

~ LaGayla ~

By Amie D H

Apr 21, 2020

I loved this class. I'm excited to use what I've learned and even though I have completed the course I still review my notes and the videos. When I get stuck or cant remember exactly what to do, I can review the video(s). Qwiklab could be tricky, mostly because I would shrink the instance so I could read the instructions again, and occasionally pull up my PowerShell rather than the one in the VM. Overall, it was a great experience that I enjoyed. I look forwared to using my new Power User skills.

By Willie E T

Apr 23, 2020

wow, i never thought i was going to finish this course. there were some areas that were kicking my rear end but eventually overcame the situation. very informative and instructive program. i wonder how can we memorize all those commands? there is a lot in these trainings that if i don't practice i think might forget some of these lessons. i guess i need to keep reviewn videos and reading until i find a job in which i can actually put all i've learned into practice. Good luck for the new students.

By Jovial P T

Feb 27, 2019

Awesome course which will make you a power user of windows and linux operating systems. Thanks Cindy Quach for a great lecturing. I decided to 4 star because, I had issue with the last lab of windows "Use Logs to Help You Track Down an Issue in Windows ". But they cleared it within a day. If anybody having issue with that lab just remember that we learned during these courses(***contact for support LOL***), qwiklabs and coursera have good IT support team. So share your problem with them.