Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

MA
May 23, 2020

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

101 - 125 of 2,493 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Nicholas B F

Oct 15, 2020

Learnt a lot of stuff from this course, especially when it comes to skill development. This is something I feel most industries need from candidates, rather than risking yourself going through a 4 year degree program and shelling out that kind of money, and finally ending up in debts, just to eventually get a piece of paper from that university, which would still not be good enough to be job-ready..

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

Before this course all I knew was that I needed an operating system on my computer in order to get my work done. Now I know how to deploy an operating system, build and edit filesystems, manage users and groups, modify permissions, install and update software, manage processes, connect remotely, and monitor my systems – all from the command line! What?! I can't wait to find out what else I can do!

By Hans

Aug 9, 2018

I came from a background of heavy GUI use so going into command lines for me was like being asked to murder kittens at first but actually then you find out that in fact command lines can turn kittens into ultra deadly and fast tigers so it was awesome when you get the hang of it. Teacher Cindy is very good at teaching also she seems to own 100+ different laptops that she uses for every video.

By Jose C R

Jul 23, 2020

This course was incredibly satisfying and being able to experience different OSes and their different system tools and commands. For me, it was particularly fruitful to learn more about Windows System Management and Powershell. The supplemental readings are a great way to engage as much or little as you want and even for people with some knowledge or experience, there's still a lot to learn.

By Venkatesh k

Aug 23, 2020

I really like the course because it give you real feel of operating system how on the micro level it works. I mean when you read about operating system theory how it manages every thing like process, memory, blah blah that is necessary but we don't get hold of every thing but this course was wonderful awesome it get you dive deeper to deeper along with extra info all was boom boom boom

By Pte`san N E

Apr 9, 2020

I thought this would be the easiest course to complete being that I knew how to install an operating system. I was wrong . This course actually broke down software from an equally challenging perspective as hardware. Great work for all involved. I think I like This course the best. I managed to complete without having to rebuild another accidentally smashed laptop. A Joke. Thanks.

By Frederick K

Nov 4, 2019

This course offered a lot of information. However, I had to also employ YouTube and supplemental reading to give the needed information and skill to complete the various grade assignments. I was not able to complete any on the first try. Yet each "failure" pushed me to review the videos, study, and seek further references until I had the skills required to complete the tasks.

By Arri D

Apr 17, 2018

This is an excellent course for beginners to learn about Windows and Linux OS. This will really help you start your journey. Be patient, I can't stress that enough, and you will persevere. The lessons are very detailed and they go really in-depth to help you really understand what exactly is happening. I recommend taking detailed notes to help you refer back to the lessons.

By Toni H

Oct 1, 2020

This course is very engaging and contains a lot of information about different operating systems one might be dealing with in the real work place. I really enjoyed going through all the labs and getting hands on experience with PowerShell / Linux Commands. It's really useful to know how to do things from the Command Line rather than the GUI. I highly recommend this course!

By Samyak J

Jun 1, 2020

It was really a great experience learning this. The parallel study of Linux and Windows actually made it so interesting. But obviously Linux won :-) Moreover, got an opportunity to learn so much and that too in an efficient manner. Qwiklabs were also too good. It was my first time with them and it was a great experience.

Thanks Coursera

By Tian Q

Nov 6, 2018

This course gives me a brief but solid introduction to OS. I learned to use commands to navigate in the system instead of using GUI and learned why this way is sometimes better. The assessments require me to type the commands I just learned in VMs, which is amazing because it gives me a taste on what it feels like to use these commands and skills to tackle real IT issues.

By connie s

Dec 16, 2018

I found this course to be rather challenging. It has pushed me to read and study additional supplemental material not provided by this course. I believe this course is a real good starting point for anyone looking into to becoming a power user. It opens the door to Window's Powershell and the use of Linux commands. Good Job! Google. And, thank you, Coursera.

By Paul

Nov 5, 2019

I would suggest dividing the Windows and Linux into just windows courses and just linux courses. Even though the steps are almost the same for each OS, the differences are just enough to be confusing during test time. I had to go back and review just the windows sections and then just the linux sections to get through it. It made so much more sense that way. Thanks!

By Don A E

Aug 4, 2020

This course and series of courses are special. You will definitely become a power user of these tools. You won't look at your computer the same. I started with a windows machine and two old computers that I was going to get to fixing now I have a Linux ubuntu studio system, a MacBook, and a Windows system. Now, I have plans to get a server. It's a lot of fun.

By Abraham I

Feb 20, 2020

Similar to the previous course on the Bits and Bytes of Networking, I feel there was a lot concepts that were explained in detail which truly helped to internalize the complexities between each Operating System and also their similarities. I truly believe I've gained an extra edge and depth of technicality through this learning experience of Becoming a Power User.

By Nabeel S T

Content was exceptionally prepared, organized and easy to follow. The course was challenging (especially if you don't have much of an in-depth OS background) but the interactive labs, practice quizzes and videos were very much helpful in letting the content sink in. One should also utilize the old-fashioned notebook and pen to enable concepts to sink in.

By Felipe Q

Apr 30, 2020

This course was a great experience for me, I learned a lot and it has made me aware of how much I still need to learn. I congratulate the google and coursera team for such a magnificent training. And yes, I will continue the training because these courses are worth completing, especially if I am going to start a career in the world of technical support.

By Farit C C

Aug 17, 2020

Thank you very much to all of you. I learned so many interesting things in this course and to be honest I feel prepare to face a challenge in the IT field. Now I am more confident and I have adquire the knowledge I need to be taken as an excellent candidate for a job offer. Finally I would like to say thank you for the interview tips along the courses.

By Jeff D

Feb 28, 2019

This was a tough course to keep all of the commands for both Linux and Windows PowerShell straight, but now I have a much better understanding of how these OS's work, how they are similar and different from each other, and how they interact in a network.

I am thinking about partitioning my hard drive to install Ubuntu on my computer so I can learn more!

By Waka M

Sep 8, 2019

It was challenging. I am learning IT, even though am not sure if I will find a Job in this field. Nevertheless, I am 100% certain that all the fields from now on will require some knowledge of IT. Hence my interest in this course. I would recommend to anyone in any professional career, to take an interest in IT, because computers are here to stay.

By Carson B

Apr 2, 2018

Fantastic course, chalked full of information to understand OS's, navigate command lines in both Windows and Linux and gives you the tools to execute and troubleshoot OS's.

Some of the labs have bugs to look out for and work-around necessary, until these problems are resolved consult the discussion board for tips and tricks to complete the assessments.

By Nishant K G

Apr 20, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about Operating System, but after completing this course I feel like I know about Operating Systems now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about Operating Systems, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on Computer Operating Systems.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Simone R

Aug 21, 2019

This course was challenging, and I completed all the steps, but I had some problems removing the corrupted file. I followed the tips from the lab on "Removing Files in Linux," and I thought I did everything correct, but it didn't work and I ran out of time. I think there was a glitch in the program. Oh well, I passed, but I wanted to do better.

By Yoshihide J S

Oct 16, 2020

My review is 4.5 because some assignment qwiklabs is not well working sometime for after press green start button have to wait 15 min downloading or system issue under 2-3 assignment. So, waste time for assignment. And other system issue qwick labs as copy and paste on site. Each video is too short. Please combine at least 5-6min each video.

By Saddam A Y A

Jun 12, 2020

the most interesting course i'v ever taking the subject and course parts were very interesting and i enjoy learning it .and the instructor Cindy make the this course very easy she use a way of making thing simple even if it is not ,i appreciate for Google for making this course which will makes me upgrade my level of skills to the next level