Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JA

Jun 22, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

MA

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

151 - 175 of 2,307 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Cecelia R M

Mar 08, 2019

I just finished this course today, and I found it to be excellent! I found the instructor engaging, the material interesting, and the labs fun and challenging. I would definitely say that this course is very helpful for anyone who is interested in getting into the world of IT.

By Krisha M

Feb 19, 2019

I really liked this course. The labs were a little buggy at first, but most the issues got worked out, and then they became easy to do. I feel like I learned the most useful topics (i.e., information that I can regularly apply to my work) within this course. Thank you so much!

By Chantris T

Nov 13, 2019

This course, for me, was at times a bit tedious but I learned a great deal that will definitely help me to feel more confident in this field. Thanks for also having one of the more difficult courses have a female instructor. It encouraged me all the more to finish the course.

By Preda

Jul 25, 2019

This course had a great many labs which were great to get hands on experience with Operating Systems. I liked how there were two versions of each lab - one for the Windows Powershell OS and one for the Linux OS. I took down notes on very useful commands which I use in my job.

By Adr R

Jan 06, 2019

Well, we've covered a lot of useful information in this course. I feel really proud to finish it because I was so scared about Linux OS. Thanks to this course I feel more confident. I know there are more steps to walk through to master both OSs but it is a good start. Thanks!

By James A

Oct 04, 2020

This course was great. A lot of these commands are going to be difficult to remember but hopefully I have a strong enough foundation that I can now find my way to the right answer. It'll be good to put some of these skills to use as soon as possible so that I don't lose it.

By Herath M P S M

Jun 17, 2020

This Is a Super Useful course for everyone who simply use an computer! It is Important to know how the Operating system on our computer works and how to handle it for our applications. This course help me to find interesting and wonderful new things about operating systems.

By Niranjan B

A really great course for those who want to upskill their knowledge about different OS's and it really helped me a lot. I actually dual booted my system with help of the knowledge I gained from this course and it was a really Great experience. Thanks a lot Google and Cindy!

By Amsalu B

Mar 15, 2020

I found this course educational although I should have done this a long, long time ago. There will be a great deal of learning in due course. It provided me an overwhelming exposure to the basics and I would recommend to anyone willing to learn about the basics computers!

By Swan P S T

Oct 20, 2020

This is a very awesome course. Some Windows parts were comparatively easier but I had zero knowledge on Powershell and Bash and now I feel so confident and I didn't even struggle that much along the course too. Videos, materials, and labs are all great and easy to access.

By Jimil P

Learning about OS are really helpful in your IT career. I get to know lots of things about OS. like permissions, read and write processes, Remote working. The Instructor is really good and graded assignments is there for you to practice the things you learned in module.

By Tatiana P

Feb 10, 2019

Upon discovering a pre-pended dot in Atom interface, one helluva apocalyptic morning at 6:16 Unix Epoch Time, the Log Lady uttered: Me Love You Long Time.

Hats off to Google's fun+mental team for "deep diving" into rock solid 6 weeks of OS and You: Becoming a Power User.

By Kurt R T

Jul 24, 2020

This course has really helped me a lot in understanding how an Operating System works and how can I work more efficiently using the command line. I suggest this course for everyone especially for those who are interested into learning more about what computers can do.

By chandan k

Thank a lot to Coursera and google for offering a mind-blowing course and amazing course material for me. I thank Cindy Quach for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't make me feel that I was learning online course but as in-class learning. 😉😉😉

By Balminder S D

Sep 22, 2020

Quite challenging especially the External Graded Assignments for Windows (the icacles syntax, very new compared to the older and simpler DOS commands) and how toread the logs for errors. The VLC update only worked after using the "apt --fix-broken install" command.

By Mithun B

Aug 23, 2020

This module helps students get a rough idea on how to troubleshoot issues in Windows and Linux operating systems. Most of the course content is managed with detailed explanations and challenging quiz and graded tests. You need to pay attention to pass those tests.

By Joshua K

Oct 10, 2019

This was a great course. The OS is where most interaction occurs. Learning about the different commands between Linux and Windows Powershell was great! I was inspired to set my system up for dual boot to allow me to practice and become familiar with the commands.

By Rhonda M A

Apr 02, 2020

This was an amazing course!!!! I have learned so much and accomplished more than I ever thought. The beauty of this program is it has taken me, an absolute IT novice and provided me with skills that I never dreamed possible!!!! I fell like a true Power User!!!

By Ian M

Sep 07, 2019

I loved how this coarse filled in gaps in my knowledge base. I struggled with Linux due to my lack of exposure. and it works so differently than Windows PowerShell. However, the number of new tools I found that will help are nearly limitless. Thank you so much!

By Melinda A H

May 16, 2018

Excellent course, densely-packed with essential information for an IT career or any field that relies on computer technology. Challenging labs at the end of Week 6 provide actual troubleshooting practice! Thank you to everyone involved in producing this course.

By JD D

May 08, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. It helped me familiarize with the different operating systems in a way that goes beyond the basics. I feel that I have a well rounded understanding of the important ins and outs of these systems that will be helpful in IT roles.

By Caitlin L

Mar 03, 2018

I felt like smaller labs could be implemented throughout this. It would help to go along with these either during or after the instructor is doing or has done it. But the labs themselves were seriously painful to get through and often did not grade properly.

By Grey S

Jun 18, 2020

This certificate course has been very challenging for me. I mean that in the best sense. I've hit metaphorical walls, gotten through them, only to find another to overcome. I truly recommend this for anyone that has decided that they have the WILL to learn.

By Francis D M

Apr 13, 2020

This course was very interesting and hard but I've learned a lot. I loved the process of login in into virtual machines and completing the tasks. The most difficult was the final Linux virtual machine, so i was so happy when i completed the task and passed!

By Alexis E H

Sep 18, 2018

I am very happy to finish this module. the Instructor is very helpfull. I am appreciative of her patience with me. This last lab has made me realize and understand how important it is to keep my notes. This is college for real, only online. Great Teaching.