Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JB
Dec 27, 2020

This course was very informative and challenging. I really appreciate the way the course was put together. It would be ore helpful if the links to the readings were from material other than Wikipedia.

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

2201 - 2225 of 2,917 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Philip D

Jul 13, 2020

There could be a download of the commands for both windows and linux, some of the lectures weren't thorough enough. At times it was moving to fast. There should be a better way to take notes. The scrolling of the lectures took the video out of view. I found it annoying. The labs were difficult because there was no concrete examples in the second lab.

By Brent K

Jun 4, 2018

I thought the course was very good and informative. It was great being able to utilize the virtual machines for the labs, but it made me wish there was a way to have a virtual machine to use while watching the videos. I was able to follow along and actually do some of these tasks for Windows as I watched, but since I don't have a machine with Ubun

By Matthew B

May 29, 2019

I loved this course. It challenged me to go back and remember alot of Linux and Powershell commands which I'm not familiar. My only issue were some of the labs and some instructions. Some of the instructions seems a little confusing and the lab itself has it's bugs. I couldn't complete 2 of the labs and just simply moved onto the next lesson.

By Gabriele G

Jan 11, 2019

Deeply analytical and technical course oriented to provide the user the standard hard skills needed to perform IT support activities within a company. Linux Introduction to Bash, use of Microsoft different tools and understanding of the backgrounds of an OS makes this course a "must-have" in your portfolio. Empowering tech support operators!

By Jeremiah Z

Jul 21, 2019

It was explained in very good detail, but i feel like it needed more exercises than supplemental readings. You can read something all day and yes it will help, but feel like this course and all the commands you learn need to be more exercised than read about with more quizzes involving typing in the commands, rather than reading about them.

By Ruth D

Apr 20, 2018

The only issue I had a negative with was the labs. The course is great, content relevant and well demonstrated. There is a boat load of reading, but that is part of learning, isn't it. Pay close attention to the difference between command and flags as they require certain sequencing to be effective, which I still am unsure of.

By Daniel C M

Aug 6, 2020

The instructor Cindy, typed "enter" immediately after every command line, particularly on Linux, causing the data to fill and the command that was entered to disappear off the screen. This made if very difficult to follow and had to stop the video multiple times to see what she was typing. Other than that, a very good course.

By skylyn b

Nov 20, 2020

Some unclear instructions in the second-to-last graded lab. I didn't know what state the super secret file should've been in. did you want to just add write permissions? did you want to add everything?

otherwise I quite enjoyed entering the VMs to do some more practical things, instead of following quizzes

By Sharon P

Feb 16, 2021

In general the course was good, gave me general understanding of the main idea. still requires a lot of practice. i appreciate it that the last lab assignment required more independent work which was a good practice, unlike the other labs that gave a full explanation and the way to answer the question.

By Ian S

May 27, 2018

Not bad. Great information presented, but seriously lacking in repetition. Powershell vs CMD not properly explained (saw many complaints in forums). Thankfully I had lots of prior experience in terminal and Powershell. This was great reinforcement, but I would not recommend it as an entry level course.

By Russ H

Mar 25, 2018

I enjoyed these courses but I have to admit I feel like we are the first people running the google cloud labs as the qwiklabs are sometimes broken and don't function properly. This is discouraging when you only have so much time and I had to do them many times to pass after jumping through many hoops.

By Devin C

I think we could've used a bit more hands on work with the different OS's. The labs are VERY straight forward, and when so much of this process is troubleshooting and figuring out what the best solution to a problem is, it felt like the floor dropped out from under me for the final assessment.

By john M

Nov 17, 2020

I would like to have had more references for the linux portion. The videos are great, but a reference to the commands would be very helpful. With more reference material, the lab would be more helpful and rewarding. Still a great course I am very thankful to be a part of this effort.

By DETECTIVE C

Mar 15, 2020

The course was very good. Especially the labs were very informative and helped me in analysing my skills. Also the Linux labs were very interesting. I would request you to put more content in the course. The content present is not so much useful, some advance content is also expected.

By mark d

Nov 11, 2020

Qwik labs problems were frustrating on the week 6 windows test. Known bugs have not been fixed, show up in google searches from a year ago. Advise people they need to update VLC to 32 bit and not 64 bit version please. Qwiklab customer service only tells you to watch videos.

By Robin C

Apr 10, 2018

I loved this course. The only flaw I have encountered was with week 3, the Windows lab. There were a number of issues with that lab, and from the discussion board it looks like many other people had issues as well. There were a number of "work arounds" that everyone came up.

By Kathy

Jul 5, 2018

This was an intense course because there was so much material and commands. However, with some practice and note taking it's not so bad. Especially, helpful when it came to doing the labs since it's hands on practice. I learned quite a bit and enjoyed this course quite a bit.

By Eva N O

Apr 26, 2019

A good course that gets you acquainted with manipulating OS. It makes it all less daunting. the instructor was a little impatient with explaining concepts but her external links did lead me to a better content to better explain what she was teaching. Overall, a good course.

By Ryan B

May 23, 2018

I enjoyed having labs which allowed us to apply our learning. However, many user's experienced trouble connecting to some windows RDP sessions also due to the recent windows 10 spring update which required a work around. Inspite of this. The linux lab's all worked very well.

By Stephen W

Jun 27, 2020

Considering how dense this course is with information, I am satisfied with the overall flow and structure of the course. I've definitely come away from this course with a good foundational understanding of how to interact with computers from a more technical point of view.

By Benjamin A

Feb 4, 2021

Learned a lot. I'm really happy with the labs, I wish there were just a ton more labs with more detail as to the different ways similar tasks could be accomplished, to tie everything together. I feel like some information is easy to glaze over when not used in practice.

By Jo C

Mar 6, 2018

The amount of information and practical application in this course is amazing. This issue is with the labs, but if you have an issue the support desk is amazing at helping. The key to ensuring the right grade is waiting after finishing each task until a score is given.

By Adrian T G H

Jul 19, 2018

I guess it is a pretty good course for absolute beginners. Most system admins should have no problem finishing all the graded labs in an hour, that is waiting for the labs to be prepared takes longer than the time needed to complete the labs themselves (windows)

By Sandon T

Jan 8, 2021

This course was definitely tough. This would be great with lots of examples provided. Had to look elsewhere for more and better examples most the time; very time consuming. Other than that, learned a lot and became more aware of the day-to-day of power users.

By Jemuel B

Jan 1, 2021

Very thorough and comprehensive course! Only issues with be is that there are errors with the subtitles here and there but they aren't lesson breaking just really annoying. And the Linux portions of this course could have been expounded on a little bit more.