Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

MA
May 23, 2020

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

201 - 225 of 3,094 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By chandan k

Thank a lot to Coursera and google for offering a mind-blowing course and amazing course material for me. I thank Cindy Quach for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't make me feel that I was learning online course but as in-class learning. 😉😉😉

By Bryon M D

Nov 23, 2020

This course is fanominal! I have overtasked myself this semester. I am working on my BBA in Management and adding Google IT support specialist to it has become too much. I have completed the first two modules in the five module course. I hope and pray to finish.

By Balminder S D

Sep 22, 2020

Quite challenging especially the External Graded Assignments for Windows (the icacles syntax, very new compared to the older and simpler DOS commands) and how toread the logs for errors. The VLC update only worked after using the "apt --fix-broken install" command.

By Mithun B

Aug 23, 2020

This module helps students get a rough idea on how to troubleshoot issues in Windows and Linux operating systems. Most of the course content is managed with detailed explanations and challenging quiz and graded tests. You need to pay attention to pass those tests.

By Joshua K

Oct 10, 2019

This was a great course. The OS is where most interaction occurs. Learning about the different commands between Linux and Windows Powershell was great! I was inspired to set my system up for dual boot to allow me to practice and become familiar with the commands.

By Rhonda M A

Apr 2, 2020

This was an amazing course!!!! I have learned so much and accomplished more than I ever thought. The beauty of this program is it has taken me, an absolute IT novice and provided me with skills that I never dreamed possible!!!! I fell like a true Power User!!!

By Ian M

Sep 7, 2019

I loved how this coarse filled in gaps in my knowledge base. I struggled with Linux due to my lack of exposure. and it works so differently than Windows PowerShell. However, the number of new tools I found that will help are nearly limitless. Thank you so much!

By Melinda A H

May 15, 2018

Excellent course, densely-packed with essential information for an IT career or any field that relies on computer technology. Challenging labs at the end of Week 6 provide actual troubleshooting practice! Thank you to everyone involved in producing this course.

By Ioannis V

Jan 26, 2021

Amazing course! Cindy was great at explaining everything and the knowledge taken from this course will definitely prove useful even in my everyday life! The final two assessments were great to exercise our troubleshooting and problem-solving skills! Great job!

By Amit B

Jan 12, 2021

This certificate is new of its kind in that it presents a completely unique approach to introduce those who seek an IT career to the IT field and teaches you the content in a way that you don’t any prerequisites to be able to understand and grasp the content.

By JD D

May 8, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. It helped me familiarize with the different operating systems in a way that goes beyond the basics. I feel that I have a well rounded understanding of the important ins and outs of these systems that will be helpful in IT roles.

By Caitlin L

Mar 3, 2018

I felt like smaller labs could be implemented throughout this. It would help to go along with these either during or after the instructor is doing or has done it. But the labs themselves were seriously painful to get through and often did not grade properly.

By Grey S

Jun 18, 2020

This certificate course has been very challenging for me. I mean that in the best sense. I've hit metaphorical walls, gotten through them, only to find another to overcome. I truly recommend this for anyone that has decided that they have the WILL to learn.

By Francis D M

Apr 13, 2020

This course was very interesting and hard but I've learned a lot. I loved the process of login in into virtual machines and completing the tasks. The most difficult was the final Linux virtual machine, so i was so happy when i completed the task and passed!

By Alexis E H

Sep 17, 2018

I am very happy to finish this module. the Instructor is very helpfull. I am appreciative of her patience with me. This last lab has made me realize and understand how important it is to keep my notes. This is college for real, only online. Great Teaching.

By Binnui J M

Jul 2, 2020

Great course, very informative. Solid fundamentals and plenty of complimentary reads that add up to give you a very comprehensive view on OSes and what is expected from an IT support person to resolve most common issues that might come up on daily basis.

By Alexandra A

Oct 29, 2019

I was so intimidated by this class initially but I loved it. It was well explained and I loved the support I received from everyone in customer service and how they would encourage me to excel. Thank you so much! I cannot wait to complete my certificate.

By EDWIN R H

Sep 6, 2020

Throughout this course, I was able to learn a lot about the Operating system and how to manage it.

I am glad that I decide to spend time on this course. It definitely helps! And I am hoping that all of this will help me in launching a new career in tech.

By Roderick Y V

Nov 13, 2020

Hi, im Roderick.. to be honest i really hard up in dealing with the Linux Activity. But, Thank you very much because i learn a lot of things. Now, I'm enhanced my self and have a positive outlook in dealing the basics of operating systems. Thank you...

By I P S W

Feb 28, 2021

This course is very great to gain fundamental about the operating system like Windows and Linux because it has a lot of practice in each week's modul. And I think after completing this course, you will be able to fix your computer issue by yourself :D

By TJ ( H

Jun 25, 2019

This has been the most useful part of the program for my current job. I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to learn the basics of OS navigation. It will help a great deal in launching your career path towards more advanced troubleshooting roles.

By Nathan M

Feb 4, 2019

I truly enjoyed the activity labs and all the hands-on assignments in this course. The way this course is structured allowed me to get a far more in depth grasp on various operation systems and how to confidently navigate these systems in the future.

By Manish J

Jul 18, 2020

This was something I wanted to learn for years, and she taught it real good. It's very useful, every single time I have touched my pc since the course completion I have used what I have learned through this course. I am grateful.

Manish Joshi, India

By Tarun K

May 23, 2020

This course gives you clear perspective of Operating Systems and how to use them in order to become a power user of both Windows and Linux (Ubuntu) . Well structured course with Labs where you can practice the stuff you just learned in this course .

By Shabnam H

Mar 31, 2020

Excellent course! It was always scary for me to see IT specialists use command prompts. Now I understand fully how to use it and add commands on Windows and Linux. Thank you very much to all specialists who have prepared and lectured in this course!