Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JA
Jun 21, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

MA
May 23, 2020

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

2226 - 2250 of 2,867 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Jede B

Jul 22, 2020

The window package update in command line was a bit difficult to understand. In the supplemental reading - there are so many choices - it gets confusing and is very time consuming!

By Steven S

Apr 28, 2020

i like that they do not just let you blow through the weeks at the end they do test your knowledge and expect you to fix all the issues you learn about through the first 5 weeks!

By Hannah L

Dec 5, 2020

Lots learned, but one gripe. I don't think the exams at the end are really the right time to get aquainted with writing linux commands, some practice first would be more humane.

By James P

Aug 9, 2020

overall this was a very good course. I already have experience in about 1/2 the material, but this course gave me a broader perspective and experience with the tools out there.

By ANJAN D

In this coure I have to gain lot of experince to Operating system.

But In week 6 Gradded assessment is very very difficult to solve, first, I'm not understrand what I have to do?

By Katherine S

Mar 22, 2019

It covered a lot of great material. The labs operation, and issues caused it to be a bit frustrating at times though. If the labs had run seamless, it would have been 5 stars.

By Robert S

May 20, 2018

Linux OS can be frustrating if you have had no exposure to it previously. I learned a lot about it. Windows OS came somewhat as a review, but I still picked up new knowledge.

By Mirza A

May 6, 2020

this is a good course to learn about OS. I really learn something new, especially about linux os and upgrade my knowledge about windows os especially how to use windows shell.

By David M

Nov 6, 2020

Only reason I don't give it a 5 star is the Linux test was broken, 2 of the processes where either had broken commands in my testing environment or instructions were lacking.

By Gabriel R

Sep 19, 2020

It's very interesting and provides much information on how to even fix your own devices and see how they can be improve. Still challenging and have to think outside the box.

By James E E

Jun 4, 2020

Some of the labs have rough documentation. The final assignments are a little into-the-deep-end. But that's ok. Lots of great info presented in an easily understandable way.

By Patrick S

Apr 8, 2018

I knew almost all of the Linux stuff already, and all the GUI stuff for Windows, but...the PowerShell introduction was great, I am really looking forward to using it more.

By Bárbara V C

Jan 17, 2019

Great course to troubleshoot OS related issues, but be careful when dealing with the Windows' Qwiklabs. Review each step and contact support if it's not giving you score.

By Rufus F R j

For all courses in the IT Support Professional Certificate, the Text accompanying the lecture videos need to be edited (cleaned up) to comport with the lecture videos.

By Briana C

Oct 11, 2018

This course is full of Labs. At the end they build on each other. The task are easy to complete but they do require you to have a basic understanding of systems first.

By IBRAHIM J B

Oct 29, 2020

This course is a door opener to the world of command line be it in Linux and/or Windows.

The course presenter is very good in passing the information and well explained.

By Alex L

Aug 7, 2020

On Week 4 and 5 some videos stopped short from the end and the descriptions were not great. It was very difficult to follow and understand. The labs made up for it tho.

By Stephanie

May 31, 2018

Although, I liked the class and they give a good deal of info the qwiklabs and the issues I had with them on pretty much every lesson lessened the experience for me.

By Justin M

Feb 13, 2018

I learned a lot in this course however the labs need some serious work as they are very buggy and have lots of issues with grading as well as syncing up to coursera.

By Maxwell H

Jul 30, 2020

I think that this is really great material to learn and practice. I am though a little insecure of how I am going to find a job with this little hands on training.

By Frank B

Apr 20, 2020

A broad view of process management. Also tons of research resources for further studies. Fast-paced.

Could use more real-life scenarios and hands-on lab experience.

By Kiera L C

Feb 20, 2018

Instructor was awesome, and the assignments were so fun that I often got side-tracked by playing in the terminal. Labs are very VERY buggy and particular, however.

By Babalola M

Feb 19, 2021

It was really Hectic!! But I learnt a lot across the modules and I acquired skills that have not only gave me confidence in the field but motivation to further on

By Keshav k

May 6, 2020

i learned many thing during this session. now i have idea that how to interact with windows operating system and linux operating system as a system adminitrator.

By Cesare V

Mar 2, 2019

A great course for non tech peoplo who don't have experience with OS. For me is it very interesting the CLI part , and I love again more Linux after this course.