Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JA

Jun 21, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

JB

Dec 27, 2020

This course was very informative and challenging. I really appreciate the way the course was put together. It would be ore helpful if the links to the readings were from material other than Wikipedia.

4151 - 4175 of 4,251 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Ferdinand C

Jun 7, 2019

Does not prepare you for the final linux lab!!

By Bruno

Apr 15, 2021

I had too many issues with Window's Qwiklabs

By Jack B

Mar 29, 2021

Very vague and some instructions not clear.

By Alan T

Nov 15, 2021

r​eally awkward to use the windoze vm's

By Michelle Z

Aug 29, 2021

the way she says her "s" hurts my ears.

By Rhonda

Jun 21, 2019

where is a mentor at for the linux logs

By Katlin S

Oct 4, 2018

Qwiklabs won't let me pass this course.

By Paris S

Jul 13, 2019

would like more help to navigate labs

By Samiulhaq S

Jan 5, 2021

GUI is much Easier then Command line

By Jasanpreet S S

Nov 19, 2021

Should be explained in more detail

By Arina A

May 11, 2022

It's ok

By ahmed r

Nov 3, 2021

good

By Garrett H

May 17, 2021

Good

By Steven P

Apr 11, 2021

The reason For Only 1 Star is because I've been getting no help at all for the week 4 last quiz for me to complete this course I got only one solution from qwiklab support when I emailed them the issue and attached the screenshots of what the issue was and after 2 support team members gave me the same solution twice and i told them and showed them the screenshots again in another email that it didn't work then they just didn't reply back and help me any further, now I'm still having the same problem and I don't know when or how I'm going to complete the 3rd Course and get my Certificate for it as well. The only thing i can do for the time being and complete the last 2 courses and then cancel my subscription for the GOOGLE IT Certification Course because I cant keep spending $54.12 just waiting for no help on the one part of my last quiz of week 4 which was Creating a Partition, hopefully only getting 4/5 certifications for the GOOGLE IT SUPPORT Course will be enough for me to get the work from home online job I've been trying to get for a long time and I also hope that qwiklab does a better job helping others who get in situation as I am in because as of right now i'm very disappointed with how qwiklab is functioning for the LINX labs and how the Qwiklab Support Team just doesn't try hard enough to help someone with issues like this.

By Bill C

Apr 11, 2022

W​hen you get stuck on a lab there is no help so learners just quit which is crazy for a learning MOOC to not care about.

I​ have been stuck with this for days now student@ca721599e80e:~$ cd /home/user/Pictures student@ca721599e80e:/home/user/Pictures$ mv /home/user/Images/Vacation.JPG .student@ca721599e80e:/home/user/Pictures$ ls 'Europe Pictures' Vacation.JPG chocolate egg Click Check my progress to verify the objective when I go to check my progress it say that you have not done the lession which I have ..the instructions are not clear. are we to use the \ slash instead of the / slash which is used in lynux. In the directory /home/user/Movies, there's a folder called "Europe Pictures". We'll move this folder into the correct directory for pictures: /home/user/Pictures. Note the use of the backslash "\" to escape the space between "Europe" and "Pictures" in the directory name, "Europe Pictures" I tried to get help in quicklabs nothing but dropdowns that don't cover the problem

By Jacob S

Oct 18, 2020

From the page for the Google IT Support Professional Certification program:"Upon completion of the certificate, learners eligible to work in the US can directly share their information with Google, as well as employers like Hulu, Infosys, Intel, Walmart, and more. "

The wording of this implies that UPON COMPLETION of the course, there will be opportunities for applications for WORK that were NOT AVAILABLE PRIOR. Saying this is MISLEADING. OF COURSE I can 'share my information with [these companies]", I COULD DO THAT BEFORE. The wording of this sentence was the ENTIRE REASON I took this course! I WASTED TWO MONTHS ON THIS! I COULD'VE JUST STUDIED FOR A+! THANK YOU FOR WASTING MY TIME.

By Dow O

Oct 26, 2020

The labs crash so you can't progress to the next section. The forums are loaded with lab issues and the only responses are someone pasting and re-pasting the instructions to launch the lab. They're not reading the users' descriptions or trying to replicate it, which is especially ironic as in the course they discuss this very issue as an example of bad IT Support.

The content is not bad. I run a Tech Support department and wanted to see what this course is like in terms of readying people for support roles. I guess I have my answer. :/

By Barney L B J

The course work that led up to the final exams did not adequately prepare me for the final Labs/Exams. None of the videos or ancillary readings exposed me to what the exams would require to successfully complete them. I'm not saying that you should teach the test, but the course wok should expose the students to what they will be doing in the final Labs. The Support Team personnel were fantastic; they were most helpful and knowledgeable, and I was glad that they were there to help.

By Anthony R

Jul 19, 2021

Most courses are filled with mistakes and errors, the modules don't work well, the information is outdated, and annoying jokes and liberal politics are forced on the student. This course should in no way be labelled as preparation for the CompTIA A+ exam. In information and conciseness, this course is far worse than Professor Messer's free YouTube series. The only thing this is good for really is the badge and credential, though I'm still not sure how much benefit this provides.

By Joy R

Jan 30, 2021

Hi,

Ref: Course- Operating Systems and You-Becoming a Power User

I'm not able to complete the Graded External Tool: Use logs to Help you Track down an issue in Windows.

I tried a number of times to complete it, but the note on red label saying "This quota has been exceeded for the lab". Please help me to complete this lab graded test.

So that I will be able to finish the complete course in GOOGLE IT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE.

Joy Rajan