Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JA
Jun 21, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

101 - 125 of 3,883 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Amie H

Apr 21, 2020

I loved this class. I'm excited to use what I've learned and even though I have completed the course I still review my notes and the videos. When I get stuck or cant remember exactly what to do, I can review the video(s). Qwiklab could be tricky, mostly because I would shrink the instance so I could read the instructions again, and occasionally pull up my PowerShell rather than the one in the VM. Overall, it was a great experience that I enjoyed. I look forwared to using my new Power User skills.

By Willie E T

Apr 23, 2020

wow, i never thought i was going to finish this course. there were some areas that were kicking my rear end but eventually overcame the situation. very informative and instructive program. i wonder how can we memorize all those commands? there is a lot in these trainings that if i don't practice i think might forget some of these lessons. i guess i need to keep reviewn videos and reading until i find a job in which i can actually put all i've learned into practice. Good luck for the new students.

By Jovial P T

Feb 27, 2019

Awesome course which will make you a power user of windows and linux operating systems. Thanks Cindy Quach for a great lecturing. I decided to 4 star because, I had issue with the last lab of windows "Use Logs to Help You Track Down an Issue in Windows ". But they cleared it within a day. If anybody having issue with that lab just remember that we learned during these courses(***contact for support LOL***), qwiklabs and coursera have good IT support team. So share your problem with them.

By Miguel A D

Jun 27, 2020

A really enriching experience. Great exposure to the main OS's and troubleshooting techniques as well as tools needed to start a support career. The labs are amazing as far as putting in motion all the knowledge acquired throughout the course. The instructor was very knowledgeable and was explaining the concepts in a very simple manner. She was fun too! Thanks, Cindy, and thanks to Google for making available such a great course. And of course thanks to Coursera for making it available!

By Harish A

Sep 26, 2020

A great course to get started working with powershell, commandline for windows and terminal(linux), understanding fundamentals of users, permissions, packages, disk partitions, and remote computer access. Cindy is an excellent instructor and her teaching is very beginner friendly. There are a lot of resources to supplement the learning for this course which would help someone get more experienced in the field. Thanks to Google, Cindy and other instructors for offering this course.

By MD F S

Jun 13, 2018

Cindy Quach (Site Reliability Enginner in Google) is a really good teacher and she has made the lecture and lecture-contents very easy.Before this course I have never used Linux operating system or windows command line or Powershell in windows. It is a great experience.Now I am more confident about using command line Microsoft and Linux operating system although I know I have to learn a lot and practice a lot continuously to become an excellent and professional IT specialist.

By Christina J B

Oct 25, 2020

The Course was excellent. I have learned so much about Directories users administrators and groups, Packages and Dependencies, File Systems Types, Managing Process and remote Access. All these topics has given me an incites on how to work effectively with the Operating System.

By Charito T N

Apr 13, 2020

This course should stay here on coursera, I have to finished it but I have to review all of them. I learned a lot, I'm trying to download all of them. But it's too late. I have to start over from the 1st course to download the videos. So far so good, just need patience and more practice. Thank you! to all instructors! all coursera workers. Looking for more to learn here coursera after this Google IT support specialist course. Thank you! see you again for the next courses!

By RUBANTE, J A (

Aug 4, 2020

The course is great, for people saying bad about Qwiklabs giving 0 in lab score, not connecting etc. it's not true for me, all are working fine. And believe me if I say this that qwiklabs is giving you zero score because you're not doing the labs right, there is something wrong on your commands. And for the connection, maybe it is because of your internet or because again you did something wrong on connecting procedures. The instructor is the best too, overall 5/5. :)

By Sophiya G

Apr 16, 2020

This is a great course to obtain more confidence in troubleshooting different OS: desktop, laptops with Linux/Windows and mobile OS (not too much information on my favorite MacOS though, just partially some things could be used which are for Linux). The course has nice hands-on experience, real Labs. I didn't do that much when I was preparing for CompTIA A+, I would like to recommend this course as addition and review for those who are going to pass CompTIA A+.

By Levi F

Jul 16, 2020

This course has been eye opening and a rather nice introduction to a broad, surface-level overview of how to use operating systems. The resources were great for direction into the the non-surface level information regarding operating systems and often difficult to follow for someone new to IT.

Although the information was difficult to retain at first, I've found that doing the lesson quizzes multiple times had been helpful.

Thank you for putting this together.

By SUVAJIT M

Aug 6, 2020

Good morning to the respective admins and to my fellow learners. I learned to remote control machines by the usage of putty as well as Remote Desktop Connection, which my previous lessons 10 years back were unable to teach me in detail. I am a very curious learner, I want to know more see more learn more. I believe I can learn from everyone and there is a hidden gem in everyone I meet in life. Please enlighten me with wisdom, thank you have a nice day.

By Nasratullah K

Jun 3, 2018

This course " Operating Systems and you: Becoming a Power User " was wonderful, For me Windows OS was very easy, power shell was easy, but Linux was so difficult and tricky for me because of it's coding. Anyway still i really enjoyed a lot this course, Especially I learned and realize that this course is design as a bridge between Windows and Linux and its important for any IT Specialist to learn about Linux, Windows and also MAC Operating System.

By Marwa A

May 2, 2021

This course is full of handful information to start the beginner steps of IT experts. I really enjoyed learning in this course. The graded exams are great practice to all the lessons had been illustrated. Indeed, this course gives the tiny bits and miga bytes for IT role. The supplementary reading are great sources as well for more in-depth knowledge. I believe that I can use this course as a reference for my upcoming work as an IT specialist.

By Mary H R T

Apr 15, 2021

It was the most difficult course so far in the Professional Certificate program and it took me more than the time allotted. It is very helpful to working moms like me that Coursera allows us to reset deadlines so we can complete the course. I learned so much and gained new skills that I never thought a 40-something homeschooling mom could learn. Thanks Google and Coursera for making these courses possible and available to anyone in the world.

By Jithu J

Mar 21, 2021

This was very interesting and a complicated course at the same time. Lot of time was required to grasp most of the Linux commands. Just learning one by one won't do any good. This needs more practice to learn commands thoroughly. Using GUI is pretty simple and understanding. For beginners, this course shows how important it is to learn commands. I personally took a while t learn most of it, and I'm still learning. Practice is very important.

By Uzair A

Aug 22, 2021

I like we can have so much control with command line. We can do so much with just a few commands so much more effectively. Using command line has always been daunting for me and still is to some extent but this course has done so much in removing my fear of using it and I feel somewhat confident in using it now but I still have a long way to go. Thank you Coursera for such an amazing course. Thanks to the whole team who put this together.

By Katherine S

Nov 8, 2020

Cindy did a great job delivering the content of the course. It was intimidating at first but she kept it flowing in the most approachable way. The assignments were challenging, especially the last one. There are some big spelling mistakes in the written form of the course (not as many as her predecessors had) that should be looked into because I see that the course interests a lot of foreign students and it might be a problem for them.

By Andrew K

Jun 16, 2019

Even as someone with years of experience troubleshooting both Windows and Linux, I learned a lot about various command-line tools which make that job easier. The assignments at the end of the course were the most practical I've seen in an online course like this, designed to challenge and test the knowledge you've learned throughout the course with very little hand-holding. Definitely my favorite course in the Google IT Pro cert so far.

By Michael C

Feb 21, 2021

This is about "becoming" a power user, it is not intended as all-inclusive expert-level training. It met its goals for the two main operating systems in use by IT organizations today, Windows and Linux. LAB work is challenging but not overwhelming and allows multiple attempts to succeed. As with any introductory course, supplemental reading provides a wealth of information not otherwise covered in detail within the course objectives.

By Francis L

Nov 30, 2020

This was my second favorite course, and definitely the one that really help tie in a lot of key concepts when I re-read my notes at the end. Take lots of notes here and get familiar with the terms, it will definitely help you in the long run. As for the general learning in this course it was easy to grasp and understand. There were times that that the programming tools were hard to do but still within the realms of expectation.

By Dorjan Q

Aug 7, 2019

Once again great course! Very well structured and with elevating difficulty especially in the Linux Command Line Environment. I really enjoyed this third part and looking forward for the next one! Keep it up! Great job with this course :)

PS: I only wish the results of the QwikLabs update faster in the overview, because sometimes takes up to 5 minutes and several refreshes to reflect the lab result score in the course overview.

By Keith D

Jun 29, 2020

Really enjoyed this course, especially the hands on assessments. It's great being able to jump into the modules when it suits and to go back over anything that I might not have got first time. Seeing how much the instructor loves the topic just encourages you to want to learn more. Overall, I have a much better appreciation of how little I know, but this has opened my eyes to start the process of building up these skills.

By Gokul B

Nov 3, 2020

It was a very interesting, exciting, skillful journey learning this course. I was familiar with many of the Windows OS, but was very eager to learn and operate the linux terminal and the working of Linux OS. The course was very skillfully designed which helped me a lot to grasp the concepts fast and in a better way. Learned so many things. Instructor, Cindy mam was so friendly and interactive. Thank You! Team Google.

By Jonathan O

Dec 15, 2020

Enjoyed the course. Wish there was some more hands on training, but the notes I took definitely helped me on the graded assessments. I really liked to learn about commands, especially on PowerShell since I feel that's a good skill set that bridges IT support for both Windows and Linux without being too dependent on a GUI. It makes you appreciate the convenience of a GUI and simplicity and intuitiveness of Linux Bash.