Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

JA
Jun 21, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

101 - 125 of 3,418 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Nasratullah K

Jun 3, 2018

This course " Operating Systems and you: Becoming a Power User " was wonderful, For me Windows OS was very easy, power shell was easy, but Linux was so difficult and tricky for me because of it's coding. Anyway still i really enjoyed a lot this course, Especially I learned and realize that this course is design as a bridge between Windows and Linux and its important for any IT Specialist to learn about Linux, Windows and also MAC Operating System.

By Marwa A

May 2, 2021

This course is full of handful information to start the beginner steps of IT experts. I really enjoyed learning in this course. The graded exams are great practice to all the lessons had been illustrated. Indeed, this course gives the tiny bits and miga bytes for IT role. The supplementary reading are great sources as well for more in-depth knowledge. I believe that I can use this course as a reference for my upcoming work as an IT specialist.

By Mary H R T

Apr 15, 2021

It was the most difficult course so far in the Professional Certificate program and it took me more than the time allotted. It is very helpful to working moms like me that Coursera allows us to reset deadlines so we can complete the course. I learned so much and gained new skills that I never thought a 40-something homeschooling mom could learn. Thanks Google and Coursera for making these courses possible and available to anyone in the world.

By Jithu J

Mar 21, 2021

This was very interesting and a complicated course at the same time. Lot of time was required to grasp most of the Linux commands. Just learning one by one won't do any good. This needs more practice to learn commands thoroughly. Using GUI is pretty simple and understanding. For beginners, this course shows how important it is to learn commands. I personally took a while t learn most of it, and I'm still learning. Practice is very important.

By Katherine S

Nov 8, 2020

Cindy did a great job delivering the content of the course. It was intimidating at first but she kept it flowing in the most approachable way. The assignments were challenging, especially the last one. There are some big spelling mistakes in the written form of the course (not as many as her predecessors had) that should be looked into because I see that the course interests a lot of foreign students and it might be a problem for them.

By Andrew K

Jun 16, 2019

Even as someone with years of experience troubleshooting both Windows and Linux, I learned a lot about various command-line tools which make that job easier. The assignments at the end of the course were the most practical I've seen in an online course like this, designed to challenge and test the knowledge you've learned throughout the course with very little hand-holding. Definitely my favorite course in the Google IT Pro cert so far.

By Michael C

Feb 21, 2021

This is about "becoming" a power user, it is not intended as all-inclusive expert-level training. It met its goals for the two main operating systems in use by IT organizations today, Windows and Linux. LAB work is challenging but not overwhelming and allows multiple attempts to succeed. As with any introductory course, supplemental reading provides a wealth of information not otherwise covered in detail within the course objectives.

By Francis L

Nov 30, 2020

This was my second favorite course, and definitely the one that really help tie in a lot of key concepts when I re-read my notes at the end. Take lots of notes here and get familiar with the terms, it will definitely help you in the long run. As for the general learning in this course it was easy to grasp and understand. There were times that that the programming tools were hard to do but still within the realms of expectation.

By Dorjan Q

Aug 7, 2019

Once again great course! Very well structured and with elevating difficulty especially in the Linux Command Line Environment. I really enjoyed this third part and looking forward for the next one! Keep it up! Great job with this course :)

PS: I only wish the results of the QwikLabs update faster in the overview, because sometimes takes up to 5 minutes and several refreshes to reflect the lab result score in the course overview.

By Keith D

Jun 29, 2020

Really enjoyed this course, especially the hands on assessments. It's great being able to jump into the modules when it suits and to go back over anything that I might not have got first time. Seeing how much the instructor loves the topic just encourages you to want to learn more. Overall, I have a much better appreciation of how little I know, but this has opened my eyes to start the process of building up these skills.

By Gokul B

Nov 3, 2020

It was a very interesting, exciting, skillful journey learning this course. I was familiar with many of the Windows OS, but was very eager to learn and operate the linux terminal and the working of Linux OS. The course was very skillfully designed which helped me a lot to grasp the concepts fast and in a better way. Learned so many things. Instructor, Cindy mam was so friendly and interactive. Thank You! Team Google.

By Jonathan O

Dec 15, 2020

Enjoyed the course. Wish there was some more hands on training, but the notes I took definitely helped me on the graded assessments. I really liked to learn about commands, especially on PowerShell since I feel that's a good skill set that bridges IT support for both Windows and Linux without being too dependent on a GUI. It makes you appreciate the convenience of a GUI and simplicity and intuitiveness of Linux Bash.

By Mayur G N

Oct 31, 2020

Love the journey with this course. Thanks to Cindy and other Instructors through this course. It was so existing, handling and troubleshooting Operatings Systems, not just that but how to Install OS, how manage Remote ,Virtual Machines, Cloning,, and lot more stuff. It was super great experience. And I loved the last task of Qwiklabs to troubleshoot problems by our own what we learned in the course. Truly Awesome.

By Dani W

Apr 9, 2018

Great to learn more about PowerShell (which I've used a bit in my current job) and really nice to learn about Linux. I previously had very limited experience with Linux and Bash but now feel much more comfortable with it. While I don't know a ton of commands yet, I know enough that I feel confident in playing in a Linux sandbox. Planning on either running a virtual machine or installing Linux on my old laptop.

By Vaibhav S

Nov 1, 2020

It was an amazing journey going throughout this course. Very useful and knowledgeable experience. Our instructor Cindy did an excellent job by teaching very useful OS concepts in a very interactive learning way, So thank you very much. Qwiklabs very helpful. Know I feel very confident when working with windows and linux, all what I have learned will be very helpful for progressing my career into IT field :)

By Munira Z

Jun 27, 2020

Thanks a lot for this course and opportunity. Really interesting, especially to grab understanding and fundamental skills on having control over OS. Yet, there are a lot of things to learn, but I heard somewhere that this is a long journey, that never ends, each time you conquer a step, there are more to learn. So thanks for this strong foundation and excellent new skills. Special thanks to Cindy Quach.💕

By Nicholas B F

Oct 15, 2020

Learnt a lot of stuff from this course, especially when it comes to skill development. This is something I feel most industries need from candidates, rather than risking yourself going through a 4 year degree program and shelling out that kind of money, and finally ending up in debts, just to eventually get a piece of paper from that university, which would still not be good enough to be job-ready..

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

Before this course all I knew was that I needed an operating system on my computer in order to get my work done. Now I know how to deploy an operating system, build and edit filesystems, manage users and groups, modify permissions, install and update software, manage processes, connect remotely, and monitor my systems – all from the command line! What?! I can't wait to find out what else I can do!

By O R

Jun 29, 2021

I​ enjoyed learning I thougt the teachers of this course gave me step by step and really held my hand and wanted me to improved in my learning and I went from basic knowledge to a advanced learner, I literally saw a change and I improved my skills greatly, Thank you to all the lovely teachers at Google, I loved this course and I appreciate being able to take this course and grow as a human being.

By Hans

Aug 9, 2018

I came from a background of heavy GUI use so going into command lines for me was like being asked to murder kittens at first but actually then you find out that in fact command lines can turn kittens into ultra deadly and fast tigers so it was awesome when you get the hang of it. Teacher Cindy is very good at teaching also she seems to own 100+ different laptops that she uses for every video.

By Jose C R

Jul 23, 2020

This course was incredibly satisfying and being able to experience different OSes and their different system tools and commands. For me, it was particularly fruitful to learn more about Windows System Management and Powershell. The supplemental readings are a great way to engage as much or little as you want and even for people with some knowledge or experience, there's still a lot to learn.

By Venkatesh k

Aug 23, 2020

I really like the course because it give you real feel of operating system how on the micro level it works. I mean when you read about operating system theory how it manages every thing like process, memory, blah blah that is necessary but we don't get hold of every thing but this course was wonderful awesome it get you dive deeper to deeper along with extra info all was boom boom boom

By William R W

Nov 30, 2020

This module is excellent. The instructor knows the material and demonstrates the work. It is very different from the network module where the instructor reads from a teleprompter. The instructor for the mobile apps seems to be doing the same. The network and mobile apps instructors need to follow the manner in which the OS instructor teaches. That would make the course a lot better.

By TeSan E H

Apr 9, 2020

I thought this would be the easiest course to complete being that I knew how to install an operating system. I was wrong . This course actually broke down software from an equally challenging perspective as hardware. Great work for all involved. I think I like This course the best. I managed to complete without having to rebuild another accidentally smashed laptop. A Joke. Thanks.

By Frederick K

Nov 4, 2019

This course offered a lot of information. However, I had to also employ YouTube and supplemental reading to give the needed information and skill to complete the various grade assignments. I was not able to complete any on the first try. Yet each "failure" pushed me to review the videos, study, and seek further references until I had the skills required to complete the tasks.