Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JB
Dec 27, 2020

This course was very informative and challenging. I really appreciate the way the course was put together. It would be ore helpful if the links to the readings were from material other than Wikipedia.

MD
May 23, 2020

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

176 - 200 of 3,665 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Harald M

Mar 6, 2021

Well-structured course with lots of learning content. Good for job opportunities that always both WIN GUI/CLI and Linux Shell was covered. Modern training methods including Qwiklab Virtual Machine. Thanks to our instructors, especially to our main one. She regularly encouraged us students, which motivated me.

By elvin p

Sep 17, 2020

This part of the course was actually very easy for me, i have alot of previous experience with about every operating system that currently exists which helped me manuever very quickly throughout this course. But like the other courses there were still some parts of the course that helped me refine my skills.

By Alexander D

Apr 16, 2020

This course was really helpful in learning to use BASH on linux and powershell commands in Windows. It took the process and broke it down into easy to follow steps. The final process was interesting as it made you really think about the processes needed or the commands needed to carrying out certain tasks.

By Roberto R

Jul 12, 2021

G​ood introduction to becoming a power user. I never used powershell or linux before, so this was a good small test. I feel the course went a little too quickly regarding linux. I felt slightly lost on the final test, but maybe my lack of knowledge was also to blame. I was succesful in the end. Nice Job!

By Evan K

Jul 6, 2020

This course is very instensive it will show you the in's and out's of the operating systems Windows and Linux. I knew some of the command line prompts for imaging and adding to the domain but not nearly what was taught in this course, especially for Linux. Don't expect to breeze through, pay attention.

By daniela a

Nov 7, 2018

Not only am I a user, but I am not a super power user. I actually got to use some of my new bash skills in a data analytics class I went to last night. I was the only one in the class that was able to answer the questions about grep, pipeline and others in comparison to SQL database work we were doing.

By Douglas H

The final assessments were a little challenging. Overall, this course did a good job of introducing students to user and file permissions, and familiarity with the command line environments of Windows and Linux. This has really taken the fear of learning Linux, and also using PowerShell for Windows.

By Vinh Q N

On the scale of 1 to 10, I give this course a 9. I learned alot about the Windows and Linux CLI functions that I can use to be more efficient and effect in navigating and working in the OS's. This course has made me want to explore further into the realm of Windows powershell and Linux Bash commands.

By George U

Apr 23, 2020

Cindy, your are one of the best instructor so far. Your simplified method of lecturing and impacting knowledge is second to none. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks so much Cindy. I hope to see you in the next course in this GOOGLE IT Professional certificate. I enjoy your teaching approach so much.

By Harpreet S

Dec 30, 2019

This was an amazing course. The explanations are pretty good and simple to catch on. I googled the same material online and it was much harder to grasp the content as compared to how the instructors presented the content here. Thank you for this amazing course. Can't wait to finish the certification.

By Marcelo B

Feb 10, 2021

Very intense course with lots of information. It is key that you do outside work to further broaden your knowledge because in some of the quizzes there will be some questions of things we didn't cover in the course but were on the supplemental reading so make sure you read the supplemental links.

By Tarkesh P

Aug 20, 2021

It was really fun taking this course. It helped me a lot to build up new skills. This course taught me various things which were new to me as I was a beginner. And I love the way they taught it by putting all of their efforts by teaching from the basic level to something called as extraordinary.

By Gerald M M

Sep 7, 2020

This course is practically set to give you real experience in the field. Some Labs are challeging for a beginner but gives quality practice on what you should be doing in the field as an IT support professional. I recommend this course to anyone who want to join a career in IT as a Power User.

By GOBINDA C D

Jun 14, 2020

Wow! It was a really nice course. I am learned lots of things from this course. Basically, Google IT support Professional certificate included all courses that are so much quality full, and I also believe that every passionate learner was much happier after completing this course successfully.

By Franck K

Aug 10, 2019

Very informative, learn a lot and now enjoying working with Linux and Powershell which were like a foreign language for me 30 days ago. Just completed course #3, and not planning to stop anytime soon. Thanks Coursera and specially all those dedicated teachers. You guys are some real Rockstars!

By Kinjal D R

Sep 13, 2021

It's a wonderful course that taught me all about OS such as users,permissions,process management,package & software management,Filesystems,powershell & cmd interface,remote connection tools,basic day-to-day troubleshooting tricks !! It brushed up my fundamentals. Labs were amazing.Thank you !

By Marc J

Jan 10, 2020

Great course, but I don't like the Linux / Windows / GUI / CLI / GUI / Windows / Windows / CLI / Linus back and forth. I would teach them separately, something like this:

1) Theory for all interfaces.

2) Windows GUI

3) Windows CLI/PS

4) Linux GUI (not much, but do it anyway)

5) Linux CLI

6) Recap

By Aisha C

Aug 9, 2020

I'm not a genius and I managed to get 100%! Challenging and hands-on, I learned how to maintain and repair common issues with Windows and Linux operating systems. Highly recommend others who are into computers for work or play to take advantage of this well laid out and informative course.

By Marcos S

Nov 14, 2020

This course has been great and has introduced me to Linux Operating System. It's an OS I don't get to use but I'm glad to have gotten exposed to it in this course. In order to be an effective IT Support Tech, I need to learn how to use and troubleshoot all of the popular OS's out there.

By Arthur F

Dec 15, 2018

This course was amazing to me. Ive been using computers for over 3 decades and have always wanted to code, but I have always had a mental block for some reason. This course gave me the fundamental building blocks that made it much less intimidating. Coding finally makes more sense to me!

By Philippe M T

Jul 28, 2020

I wish to compliment Google for the logical and effective deign of this Course contents, particularly as we start transitioning into IT Admin and more advanced IT support content. I have both learned and inspired myself to keep aiming to reach new heights. Thank you. Philippe M Thevenin

By Joel A P

Sep 4, 2020

Incredibly challenging if you've never taken a step into command line systems. However, very clear and straightforward training. I highly recommend taking notes and separating your notes based on if the lesson is in windows or linux or you're going to lose yourself in similar jargon.

By Juan A S

Sep 30, 2020

this course was phenomenal and absolutely the best tech course I could find. I feel very comfortable navigating around the Windows CLI and Linux terminal along with navigating different parts of windows I never knew existed. Additionally, I also feel comfortable with Virtual Machines.

By Steve J

Jan 4, 2021

Linux is the one for me long desire to learn so far with windows environment last a few 10 years. Great Coursera to have a chance to learn OS Linux with VM.I am going to build a Ubuntu soon my self. I like the concept with Open Source to follow. ThAnKs GooGle! Thanks Cindy! Good Job!

By JULIA U

Dec 30, 2020

I loved and enjoyed every bit of it had me scratching my head in some areas and i also would like to thank a million on the chat support they really helped in so many ways!!! I recommend everyoner and anyone to try this course out after all you got a lot to gain and nothing to loose.