Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

MA
May 23, 2020

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

176 - 200 of 3,271 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Aisha C

Aug 9, 2020

I'm not a genius and I managed to get 100%! Challenging and hands-on, I learned how to maintain and repair common issues with Windows and Linux operating systems. Highly recommend others who are into computers for work or play to take advantage of this well laid out and informative course.

By Marcos S

Nov 14, 2020

This course has been great and has introduced me to Linux Operating System. It's an OS I don't get to use but I'm glad to have gotten exposed to it in this course. In order to be an effective IT Support Tech, I need to learn how to use and troubleshoot all of the popular OS's out there.

By Arthur F

Dec 15, 2018

This course was amazing to me. Ive been using computers for over 3 decades and have always wanted to code, but I have always had a mental block for some reason. This course gave me the fundamental building blocks that made it much less intimidating. Coding finally makes more sense to me!

By Philippe M T

Jul 28, 2020

I wish to compliment Google for the logical and effective deign of this Course contents, particularly as we start transitioning into IT Admin and more advanced IT support content. I have both learned and inspired myself to keep aiming to reach new heights. Thank you. Philippe M Thevenin

By Joel A P

Sep 4, 2020

Incredibly challenging if you've never taken a step into command line systems. However, very clear and straightforward training. I highly recommend taking notes and separating your notes based on if the lesson is in windows or linux or you're going to lose yourself in similar jargon.

By Juan A S

Sep 30, 2020

this course was phenomenal and absolutely the best tech course I could find. I feel very comfortable navigating around the Windows CLI and Linux terminal along with navigating different parts of windows I never knew existed. Additionally, I also feel comfortable with Virtual Machines.

By Steve J

Jan 4, 2021

Linux is the one for me long desire to learn so far with windows environment last a few 10 years. Great Coursera to have a chance to learn OS Linux with VM.I am going to build a Ubuntu soon my self. I like the concept with Open Source to follow. ThAnKs GooGle! Thanks Cindy! Good Job!

By JULIA U

Dec 30, 2020

I loved and enjoyed every bit of it had me scratching my head in some areas and i also would like to thank a million on the chat support they really helped in so many ways!!! I recommend everyoner and anyone to try this course out after all you got a lot to gain and nothing to loose.

By V.SAKETH S - C

Jul 12, 2020

This course taught me a large portion on Operating Systems and how they can be managed to our use. The most valuable giveaway for me is learning a bunch of Linux and Powershell commands which made me very much familiar with the command line interface in both these operating systems.

By Kevin M K M

Mar 16, 2018

I really enjoyed this module, packed with lots of tools for troubleshooting and then some. Had fun setting up my own VMs using Virtual Box and running the linux commands as they were being demonstrated. Added a few nifty tools to my support toolkit! Would give 6 stars if I could!

By Ken L

Feb 2, 2021

Best one, but I was very very frustrated with the labs at the end. In the end, I love it even though I spent 2 to 3 hours looking over again and again trying to figured it out because it taught me to persevere and troubleshooting doesn't mean you have all the answers at once.

By Blake B

Try your best to take good notes especially with the commands for Linux and Windows. These will help you navigate the information that you need to access very efficiently. I made this mistake, and had to come back to some of the lessons as a refresher. Hope this review helps you!

By Olatungi L

This was a really interesting course. The week on disk partitioning was tough but everything else was great. Having to navigate on my own for the last couple tests made the whole thing more rewarding to have to figure out what commands i needed. Makes all the note taking worth it

By OLADEJO T O D

Jun 6, 2020

This course is very good for newbies and IT Professionals. It's been simplified in an easy way to understand. You do not need prior experience to understand the courses in this specialization. My appreciation goes to Google and Coursera for making life better for IT enthusiasts.

By Richard V

This course was way more in depth than the first 2 and I truly enjoyed the challenge of learning completely new things. These courses have been great, very easy to work with, and the features are great for being able to go back easily and find exactly what you need to work on.

By Cecelia R M

Mar 8, 2019

I just finished this course today, and I found it to be excellent! I found the instructor engaging, the material interesting, and the labs fun and challenging. I would definitely say that this course is very helpful for anyone who is interested in getting into the world of IT.

By Krisha M

Feb 19, 2019

I really liked this course. The labs were a little buggy at first, but most the issues got worked out, and then they became easy to do. I feel like I learned the most useful topics (i.e., information that I can regularly apply to my work) within this course. Thank you so much!

By Chantris T

Nov 13, 2019

This course, for me, was at times a bit tedious but I learned a great deal that will definitely help me to feel more confident in this field. Thanks for also having one of the more difficult courses have a female instructor. It encouraged me all the more to finish the course.

By Preda

Jul 24, 2019

This course had a great many labs which were great to get hands on experience with Operating Systems. I liked how there were two versions of each lab - one for the Windows Powershell OS and one for the Linux OS. I took down notes on very useful commands which I use in my job.

By Adr R

Jan 6, 2019

Well, we've covered a lot of useful information in this course. I feel really proud to finish it because I was so scared about Linux OS. Thanks to this course I feel more confident. I know there are more steps to walk through to master both OSs but it is a good start. Thanks!

By James A

Oct 3, 2020

This course was great. A lot of these commands are going to be difficult to remember but hopefully I have a strong enough foundation that I can now find my way to the right answer. It'll be good to put some of these skills to use as soon as possible so that I don't lose it.

By Herath M P S M

Jun 17, 2020

This Is a Super Useful course for everyone who simply use an computer! It is Important to know how the Operating system on our computer works and how to handle it for our applications. This course help me to find interesting and wonderful new things about operating systems.

By Niranjan B

A really great course for those who want to upskill their knowledge about different OS's and it really helped me a lot. I actually dual booted my system with help of the knowledge I gained from this course and it was a really Great experience. Thanks a lot Google and Cindy!

By Amsalu B B

Mar 15, 2020

I found this course educational although I should have done this a long, long time ago. There will be a great deal of learning in due course. It provided me an overwhelming exposure to the basics and I would recommend to anyone willing to learn about the basics computers!

By Akash S

Apr 26, 2021

A very good explanation of how Windows & Unix OS can be managed using PowerShell & terminal were explained at a basic level enough to be skilled to work as an IT engineer. This course is essential for those as well who are working in IT and need to expand their knowledge.