Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

JA
Jun 21, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

201 - 225 of 3,656 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Kevin M K M

Mar 16, 2018

I really enjoyed this module, packed with lots of tools for troubleshooting and then some. Had fun setting up my own VMs using Virtual Box and running the linux commands as they were being demonstrated. Added a few nifty tools to my support toolkit! Would give 6 stars if I could!

By Ken L

Feb 2, 2021

Best one, but I was very very frustrated with the labs at the end. In the end, I love it even though I spent 2 to 3 hours looking over again and again trying to figured it out because it taught me to persevere and troubleshooting doesn't mean you have all the answers at once.

By Blake B

Try your best to take good notes especially with the commands for Linux and Windows. These will help you navigate the information that you need to access very efficiently. I made this mistake, and had to come back to some of the lessons as a refresher. Hope this review helps you!

By Olatungi L

This was a really interesting course. The week on disk partitioning was tough but everything else was great. Having to navigate on my own for the last couple tests made the whole thing more rewarding to have to figure out what commands i needed. Makes all the note taking worth it

By OLADEJO T O D

Jun 6, 2020

This course is very good for newbies and IT Professionals. It's been simplified in an easy way to understand. You do not need prior experience to understand the courses in this specialization. My appreciation goes to Google and Coursera for making life better for IT enthusiasts.

By Richard V

This course was way more in depth than the first 2 and I truly enjoyed the challenge of learning completely new things. These courses have been great, very easy to work with, and the features are great for being able to go back easily and find exactly what you need to work on.

By Cecelia R M

Mar 8, 2019

I just finished this course today, and I found it to be excellent! I found the instructor engaging, the material interesting, and the labs fun and challenging. I would definitely say that this course is very helpful for anyone who is interested in getting into the world of IT.

By Krisha M

Feb 19, 2019

I really liked this course. The labs were a little buggy at first, but most the issues got worked out, and then they became easy to do. I feel like I learned the most useful topics (i.e., information that I can regularly apply to my work) within this course. Thank you so much!

By Chantris T

Nov 13, 2019

This course, for me, was at times a bit tedious but I learned a great deal that will definitely help me to feel more confident in this field. Thanks for also having one of the more difficult courses have a female instructor. It encouraged me all the more to finish the course.

By Preda

Jul 24, 2019

This course had a great many labs which were great to get hands on experience with Operating Systems. I liked how there were two versions of each lab - one for the Windows Powershell OS and one for the Linux OS. I took down notes on very useful commands which I use in my job.

By Adr R

Jan 6, 2019

Well, we've covered a lot of useful information in this course. I feel really proud to finish it because I was so scared about Linux OS. Thanks to this course I feel more confident. I know there are more steps to walk through to master both OSs but it is a good start. Thanks!

By James A

Oct 3, 2020

This course was great. A lot of these commands are going to be difficult to remember but hopefully I have a strong enough foundation that I can now find my way to the right answer. It'll be good to put some of these skills to use as soon as possible so that I don't lose it.

By Herath M P S M

Jun 17, 2020

This Is a Super Useful course for everyone who simply use an computer! It is Important to know how the Operating system on our computer works and how to handle it for our applications. This course help me to find interesting and wonderful new things about operating systems.

By Niranjan B

A really great course for those who want to upskill their knowledge about different OS's and it really helped me a lot. I actually dual booted my system with help of the knowledge I gained from this course and it was a really Great experience. Thanks a lot Google and Cindy!

By Amsalu B B

Mar 15, 2020

I found this course educational although I should have done this a long, long time ago. There will be a great deal of learning in due course. It provided me an overwhelming exposure to the basics and I would recommend to anyone willing to learn about the basics computers!

By PSG L

Aug 27, 2021

This course challenged me in ways I never thought I could be challenged again in life in the best way possible. Thanks for providing such a rigorous course in such an effective way and also in a fair way and giving a chance to someone like me to succeed in life! Thank you!

By Akash S

Apr 26, 2021

A very good explanation of how Windows & Unix OS can be managed using PowerShell & terminal were explained at a basic level enough to be skilled to work as an IT engineer. This course is essential for those as well who are working in IT and need to expand their knowledge.

By Swam P S T

Oct 20, 2020

This is a very awesome course. Some Windows parts were comparatively easier but I had zero knowledge on Powershell and Bash and now I feel so confident and I didn't even struggle that much along the course too. Videos, materials, and labs are all great and easy to access.

By Quantavius M

Dec 1, 2020

Awesome course! I didn't like the switching between Windows and Linux it was confusing. Also, I didn't know about the Virtual Box VM until the end of the course. Coursera may want to put that note/video at the start of the course. I had a tough time with the Linux Labs.

By Jimil P

Learning about OS are really helpful in your IT career. I get to know lots of things about OS. like permissions, read and write processes, Remote working. The Instructor is really good and graded assignments is there for you to practice the things you learned in module.

By Tatiana P

Feb 9, 2019

Upon discovering a pre-pended dot in Atom interface, one helluva apocalyptic morning at 6:16 Unix Epoch Time, the Log Lady uttered: Me Love You Long Time.

Hats off to Google's fun+mental team for "deep diving" into rock solid 6 weeks of OS and You: Becoming a Power User.

By Kurt R T

Jul 23, 2020

This course has really helped me a lot in understanding how an Operating System works and how can I work more efficiently using the command line. I suggest this course for everyone especially for those who are interested into learning more about what computers can do.

By chandan k

Thank a lot to Coursera and google for offering a mind-blowing course and amazing course material for me. I thank Cindy Quach for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't make me feel that I was learning online course but as in-class learning. 😉😉😉

By Bryon M D

Nov 23, 2020

This course is fanominal! I have overtasked myself this semester. I am working on my BBA in Management and adding Google IT support specialist to it has become too much. I have completed the first two modules in the five module course. I hope and pray to finish.

By Balminder S D

Sep 22, 2020

Quite challenging especially the External Graded Assignments for Windows (the icacles syntax, very new compared to the older and simpler DOS commands) and how toread the logs for errors. The VLC update only worked after using the "apt --fix-broken install" command.