Back to Tropical Parasitology: Protozoans, Worms, Vectors and Human Diseases

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tropical Parasitology: Protozoans, Worms, Vectors and Human Diseases by Duke University

This course provides students an understanding of important human parasitic diseases, including their life cycles, vectors of transmission, distribution and epidemiology, pathophysiology and clinical manifestations, treatment, and prevention and control. Tropical Parasitology is taught by faculty from an area highly impacted by tropical parasites- the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College in Moshi, Tanzania. The faculty include Drs. Frank Mosha and Mramba Nyindo (and two lecturers, Drs. Johnson Matowo and Jovin Kitau). Dr. John Bartlett, Professor of Medicine, Global Health and Nursing at Duke University, joins his faculty colleagues in this effort....

JB
Dec 9, 2019

I really enjoyed doing this course, I was a bit worried about the final exams but I had so much fun doing them. Really happy that I registered for it and I would advise anyone to take part.

BY
Feb 2, 2017

best course than ever straight forward presentations,reports,clinical cases than have improved my knowledge about tropical infections especially ectoparasites & helminthes(worms)

126 - 135 of 135 Reviews for Tropical Parasitology: Protozoans, Worms, Vectors and Human Diseases

By Andrés F C G

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course, it really includes the most important parasites, emphasizing in the most prevalent parasites in Africa but most of them are also important un the new world. I admit that it was a little bit challenging understanding Dr. Mosha but they were all excellent teachers.

By Atanu C

Nov 10, 2020

The course is well conceived and presented. It was enhanced by having field visits. If I may suggest , few more pictures may be used and few common laboratory investigation may be shown to make it more interesting. Overall I am satisfied with the course.

By Miguel C

Mar 9, 2020

It was a good course, shows the enviroment of some parasites and vectors, it has good resources to read. I would like that the course asks us deep information about pathophisiology and treatment of tropical diseases, and make more assignments

By Fernando O S

Jan 25, 2017

Curso muito bom, com excelentes professores e boas leituras, mas que pode melhorar com mais ilustrações e, talvez, animações, nas apresentações.

By Sven K

Nov 9, 2020

Very good and informative MOOC. Especially the first parts were very extensive and useful. The last weeks were a bit less informative.

By SANA U

May 16, 2020

A good course covering all the main aspects and a good instructor as well.

By Matthew K

Apr 27, 2020

Cool fun course! tough but important

By Hardi S

Nov 14, 2020

Nice

By Justyna

May 6, 2020

I enjoyed doing this course. Is fine.

By sumanth