Back to Perfect Tenses and Modals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Perfect Tenses and Modals by University of California, Irvine

This is the first course in the Learn English: Intermediate Grammar specialization. In this course, you will learn about important intermediate verb tenses, including present perfect, present perfect progressive, past perfect, and past perfect progressive. You will also learn about common modal verbs used in English. This course is designed for learners who have a basic understanding of English grammar but who want to learn more and improve their skills for everyday speaking or writing, as well as for academics. It will be a fun class with lots of entertaining and informative video lectures....

GL
Oct 6, 2016

I loved this course. I am pretty good at grammar, but it was good to review some rules. I took it in four days, each day I completed one week. Every day I spent on average two hours on the course.

JH
Feb 26, 2020

This course introduces the perfect tenses and Models, providing a lot of practices and assignments. I have completed the course and recommend it for everyone who wants to improve English grammar.

801 - 825 of 937 Reviews for Perfect Tenses and Modals

Nov 3, 2020

Good!

By Amjad k

Apr 15, 2021

good

By Haeyoung K

Apr 8, 2021

good

By Giancarlo P

Jun 12, 2019

May 10, 2017

P

By Heshan D

Oct 24, 2020

This Course seems too simple. But actually I learned so many new things from this course. This is a very interesting course. Even though there are some troubles I want to mention. Any of the assignment haven't been reviewed by the staff members. Also there is a method called '' peer assignment". I have faced so many troubles because of that.

In peer assignments, our answers are reviewed by our classmates. It is not a good method. Because how can we count on other classmates' knowledge?. There are different kind of people with different kind of knowledge. When answering to the Some peer assignments I had answered in correct verb form but some of class mates reviewed them as wrong. So I answered them again an again. It had better change those messy things.

However I would like to say that this course is a good and interesting course .Also I recommend this to others.

By Deane L

May 16, 2019

Hi, there!

Congratulation! This is a very really good course! I really commended it!

On the other hand, if you don't mind, I would like to tell you that I am a little disapointed about one thing:

We write sentences, paragraphs and so on, but our teachers don't give us any comments, I mean any feedback is provided .

Our partners, well, they are learning English too, so I don't think their comments are sufficient or properly all the time. It's a good method but I am not sure it is enough.

Teachers’ feedback has been found to influence their relationships with students and students’ outcomes, including their academic engagement and aspects of their self-perceptions (Dobbs & Arnold, 2009.)

This is something you should think about it. It will be great. Certainly, students we feel much more supported!

Finally, all the exercices are very good!

Sincerely,

your devoted student,

Deane Lianna Oliveira

deane.lianna@gmail.com

By Laura C F M

El Perfect Tense fue un tema con el que siempre tuve dificultad ya que no entendía bien en que contexto utilizarlo, con este curso pude comprenderlo mejor y saber en que momento se necesita y en cual es innecesario.

The Perfect Tense was a subject with which I always had difficulty since I didn't understand well how to and in what what context to use it, with this course I was able to understand it better and know when it is needed and when it is unnecessary.

By Firdavs M

Nov 14, 2016

The course is informative and entertaining, but sometimes things are explained in a way people might have hard time to understand. Things could've been made and explained easier. Audio in some of the videos are of poor quality, not something you expect from a course that teaches you a language. I shall give a feedback in the course page itself once I have gone through all material. Overall, the course is worth taking. Good luck to everyone.