Back to Perfect Tenses and Modals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Perfect Tenses and Modals by University of California, Irvine

This is the first course in the Learn English: Intermediate Grammar specialization. In this course, you will learn about important intermediate verb tenses, including present perfect, present perfect progressive, past perfect, and past perfect progressive. You will also learn about common modal verbs used in English. This course is designed for learners who have a basic understanding of English grammar but who want to learn more and improve their skills for everyday speaking or writing, as well as for academics. It will be a fun class with lots of entertaining and informative video lectures....

GL
Oct 6, 2016

I loved this course. I am pretty good at grammar, but it was good to review some rules. I took it in four days, each day I completed one week. Every day I spent on average two hours on the course.

JH
Feb 26, 2020

This course introduces the perfect tenses and Models, providing a lot of practices and assignments. I have completed the course and recommend it for everyone who wants to improve English grammar.

76 - 100 of 800 Reviews for Perfect Tenses and Modals

By Noura E

Aug 31, 2019

I can't find the words to express How Liked this course! this so helpful, simple and I liked the way we share our assignments together to review it as it was very good to encourage me and make me more confident :")) The lessons were very beautiful and have the sense of fun too .. Thanks very much for the instructors! ^^

By Chittari S S S V

Nov 28, 2020

I have taken a lot of courses and I've never wanted to write a review more. Honestly, this is literally the best course I have ever done. It's really informative and relatable. It's hilarious in some parts and I really recommend this course whether you are interested in English or not, just for it's sheer awesomeness.

By Dahou N

May 22, 2020

The course was very helpful, especially the video lectures made by the instructors. And once you finish you are tested by answering a quiz to see whether you understood the lecture very well or not. For those who wants to improve their English grammar and writing skills, take this course.

By Shahidur R A

Sep 29, 2020

I have been learning English since my childhood, but my progression is not good. As a non native learner, now I can realize that native teachers techniques and tools are better than us. So I really appreciate University of California, Irvine curriculum and its all stuffs affords.

By Duy H N

Nov 13, 2016

I believe that for most of people learning English as their non-first language, it is relatively difficult to distinguish the usage of perfect tenses. This course has helping a lot to notice the differences between those tense so I became more confident in speaking English.

By Mykhailo O

Jan 23, 2019

Due to this course I finally understand and can explain to anybody the diffrence between past simple, past perfect and past perfect continuous. Whenver I open a book in Englihs language and see there any of this tenses, I know why the hell there is used exactly that tense.

By antoinette b

Nov 21, 2020

Perfect tenses and modals represent an understandable course explaining all the details concerning tenses and modals. I really enjoyed this course. It always pushes you to accomplish a new task, a new assignment and connects you with new people. I recommend it.

By Jasurbek S

Apr 18, 2020

I am very grateful for teachers and those who participated in preparation in order to teach us. I hope every student treated well by this course. Moreover, I would like to visit USA and use all my English language skills in order to work and stay there.

By PIEDAD G

Oct 4, 2020

I’m completely satisfied with the first course of English Grammar Specialization. I am engaging with the way of professional trainers, the course is very structured. Thank you Coursera, University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education.

By mohamed H H E

Aug 20, 2019

the course is so fantastic, I learned how to use Perfect Tenses and Modals. I hope to get more courses about the Grammar of English about Present simple and past simple, and Present continuous, past continuous also If conditions and how, when we use it.

By Dr. M K

Jul 4, 2020

It is worth to complete this course. It contains good topics and all are well explained. There are good exercises. Now, I like English grammar better than before. I prefer to do other courses too. Thank you for designing such a wonderful course.

By Ashish P

Aug 7, 2016

Well defined courses for student. A student or any age of person can understand easily in couples of times. Good work by Coursera. Best thing is that they give financial aid for poor students and i am one who get aid. Very thanks you for this.

By Sumit S A

Jun 24, 2020

I would like to recommend this course to people who are enthusiastic about learning the English language. The presentations are very nice. It gave me working knowledge of English Perfect tenses which I hadn't known before the start of course.

By S A N A M

May 2, 2020

Thank you the elite team of Coursera for realizing my strengths and weaknesses in the sphere of grammar. Moreover, While correcting the reviews of peer groups, we had verbal interaction on subject matters. Thank for the content and quality.

By Anil P

Aug 15, 2016

I am a non-native speaker of English. I have earned lot of confidence after successful completion of this course. Its fun and really beneficial to me. Now I can write with confidence. I like the way they presented and organized this course.

By Putu S D

May 1, 2020

I have been searching anywhere on any platform to learn English Grammar, and honestly this app is the best so far. I have learnt a lot about tenses in this course. Thank you University of California, Irvine and all the instructors.

By Fujoshi- s

Apr 23, 2020

I liked this couse so much, it was funny, amusing, and interesting to listen to teachers, there are several languages of subtitles, you can read pronounced words, download videos, redo your answers and get others' feedbacks. 5/5!

By Emme

Nov 24, 2020

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this course!

I appreciate that the lessons were short and easy to follow.

The content was informative and very useful in bridging the learning gap

that I'd struggled with previously.

By Ana L R

Oct 11, 2018

​This course was very effective, descriptive and informative. The language used was great and extremely educational. I want to thank the intructores for their dedication to the content and the exercises. Thank you very much!​

By Khin S W

Sep 21, 2020

This is a amazing course for learners. I'm so happy to attend Coursera Course especially thanks a lot to my beloved all teachers. After I finished Perfect tenses and Modals Course, I had got many types of Modals clearly.

By Hilda J M J

Jul 9, 2020

Aprendi muchísimo con este curso , me parece increíble, ya que tiene ejemplos fáciles de entender y ejercicios didácticos que te pondrán aprueba . Personalmente creo que es un curso muy completo y fácil de comprender .

By Petra B

May 13, 2018

Short but smart lessons, good practices. I really like it! When I have doubst I can get back to the lessons and refresh my knowledge. Highly recommented to take this course if you are not certain in your English.

By Miftah R S

Aug 7, 2020

It is a very great course, I got so much new things by lelarning this course, but I am still confused about the certificate that I will get, I have finished the course, but I haven't recieved the certificate yet

By Marilia P M

Oct 25, 2018

The peer-review system is a bit weird, there should be a way to notify your peers when you correct the lesson so they can rate again, it can happen that people finish the course and you are left without a grade.

By Natalia K

May 22, 2018

I enjoyed the course as I could review grammar learned a long while ago. And the fact that it was presented in a fun and accessible way, made me decide to buy the course and work on completing all parts of it.