Back to Introduction to Personal Branding

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Personal Branding by University of Virginia

4.4

Though the concept of personal branding isn't new, questions remain about how to create one and, more importantly, what it means to maintain and inhabit that brand. Learners will: o Understand both what personal branding means and what it means to inhabit their brand o Establish themselves on at least three social media platforms o Create a mission statement for their personal brand o Build a board of directors for their brand o Become familiar with the basics of digital security and reputation management o Create a system for on-going brand maintenance Join instructor Kimberley R. Barker as she provides a warm, supportive atmosphere in which learners are encouraged to intensively explore themselves in order to create a personal brand that authentically and effectively communicates their values and professional gifts. Together we will build a strong community in which to provide encouragement and feedback, and support each other as learners pursue their goal of successful brand creation....

SI
Aug 29, 2020

Understanding and application of Personal Branding with the fundamental skills to build leadership skills in the personal branding success in business is very important in today's E-network business.

MH
Apr 20, 2020

Thank you, mam, for such a wonderful lecture. I will be trying to follow all of the advice. By the way in the lecture, I am trying to copy your communication style. And it's an amazing time for me.

226 - 250 of 2,284 Reviews for Introduction to Personal Branding

By Md. M I

Apr 20, 2020

Very effective course it was. I learned so many things that self-awareness and understanding one's strengths and weaknesses in order to effectively present the self is essential to building a personal brand.

By Darcie S

Sep 25, 2019

Being entirely new to the concept of personal branding, I found this course to be very comprehensive and informative. Thank you to Kimberley for making it interesting, and presenting in a very palatable way.

By Nkembeteck H N

Mar 6, 2019

The course raise greater consciousness in me about my reputation. Before, I use to just neglect things.But while taking the course, I am very alert now to ensure my reputation is the best both on and offline

By Annia B

Jan 25, 2018

I have also become more self aware and have a better understanding of the importance of recognizing your "Personal Brand". Generally, this is a delightful course that I found quite enjoyable! Kudos to Kelly.

By Monnel E

Jan 20, 2018

The instructor has a very friendly humor. There was never a time that I felt bored. Excellent overview about personal branding but I believe that there's still more about this topic that needs to be covered.

By Swany A G M

Oct 12, 2020

This course was very useful. I learned new tools and understood about Branding Personal. Now I can update my Resume and LinkedIn.

Thanks so much to Miss Kimberley and Coursera.

Best Regards,

Swany Gallardo M.

By Soban S

Jun 30, 2020

Kimberley Barker made this course so much fun to learn , I got to learn so much more about how much Personal Branding is important, I loved every part of it, And I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

By Andreia L C

Jan 31, 2018

The course helped me a lot to know more about myself and to have the main plan for my life with my mission statement, and how to show myself on social media in a professional manner. Highlight recommended.

By WAHYU A

Aug 3, 2020

I feel this course is very helpful and with speakers who are very relevant and easy to understand according to the style of millennial children who are more creative. for everything is very good. thank you

By Vijay S

Jul 20, 2020

This course was really helpful for me as it gave me the exact ideas about how to make your personal brand to stand out and to reach out to maximum people and how to stay in touch with your future audience.

By Megan P

Aug 3, 2020

This course was an absolute gem! I never knew my online presence mattered so much until I found this course. The instructor is very friendly & creates an environment for personal development. Enjoyed it!

By Ishika A

Jul 7, 2020

An excellent course for those who want to make their presence known to everyone by their passion and make a reputation in good terms.

I loved learning new topics from this course. I would recommend 10/10.

By Jacquet C

May 2, 2020

Excellent course that covers the subject in depth. Would benefit from updated examples and readings. Because they are already dated mid 2010's years. Otherwise very good job Mrs Barker ! Continue !

By Minhaj M

Apr 10, 2020

The course is very much helpful to make an positive impact on myself. Last but not the least , the instructor was so much efficient to delivery every information in a easily understandable way.

Thank you.

By Rachel E J

Feb 28, 2019

The course has been helpful to me. Now I know how to promote my brand, to share what I have with the people around the World through Social Media, Monitoring my reputation and so many more things. Thanks

By Sushaan M

Apr 28, 2016

excellent content, supported by the fact it is supported by Prof Jonahs book, and some excellent on line essays /blogs & applications of the ideas he recounts. Very memorably presented. Pithy & relevant.

By Rehana K

Aug 25, 2020

I like that the instructor was very simple. She got straight to the point and provided a lot of prompts to get everyone to discuss things and learn from each other instead of throwing information at us.

By samantha

Jul 19, 2017

This is an incredible course given by an absolutely incredible instructor. I have learned invaluabale information in a fun and easy to learn environment. I hope Ms. Kimberly will give more courses soon.

By Alba D

Mar 8, 2016

I just loved the course! Kimberley Barker is so genuine and so plain, that for me that I am new in the field, was easy to understand and to improve my skills and knowledge. Thank you so much Kimberley!

By Mona P N

Apr 26, 2020

I think everyone should take this course! It considered all of the major aspects of an online presence. I feel empowered to expand my Personal Brand online. Thank you and keep up the good work!

By Eduardo L S S

Nov 27, 2016

Very Helpful, tks to Mrs. Barker! In my opinion the way she interacts with students through videos was assertive because it was dynamic! At all I am very satisfied with the course. Regards, Eduardo

By 游薪渝

Jan 22, 2019

Good course about how to build your personal brand in the digital world. I this course, I have learned many of the helpful tips about how to think about myself and how to show myself to the world.

By Ayush J

Mar 21, 2021

This course gives a positive vibe to Personal branding and makes it look less self-centered. I now understand the importance of having a digital presence and how I should use it to my advantage.

By SUCHIT D

May 12, 2020

excellent teaching , Short and to the point lectures . The reading material shared was fantastic! Ms Barker herself was very elegant. Learnt a lot! THANK YOU FOR THIS. Its the need of the hour.