Back to Photography Techniques: Light, Content, and Sharing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Photography Techniques: Light, Content, and Sharing by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course FOUR! In Modules 1-4 you will cover the final elements of the Specialization necessary to round out this introduction to the fundamentals of Photography, and prepare you for creating your own exciting project in the Capstone! You have come a long way since the beginning of this journey from Smartphone Basics to DSLR and Beyond. Just think of all the information you have absorbed and put to use in your assignments and quizzes, and the confidence you have gained that you CAN control the camera to make pictures you are proud to share. Here in Course Four you will start by gaining knowledge related to content in photography, from fact to fiction, documentary to purely expressive. Next you will learn principles, tips, and techniques for using the essential element of Light in Ambient/Natural settings. The flash/strobe unit, whether it is built-in to your camera or an add-on "hotshoe" model, will finally be something you, not the camera, controls! You will prove to yourself that those former mysteries of Controlled Continuous and Strobe lighting will no longer be mysterious, as you apply your knowledge to creation of assignment photographs in various situations. Sharing those pictures in Peer Review will give you the opportunity to learn from your fellow photographers' solutions to lighting challenges, and to gain insight into your own work and creative approaches too. There is an important word to share about Peer Review assignments for this course. As photographers who have accomplished the quiz and photography requirements of Courses One through Three, you have the knowledge and capability to create quality photographs at a much higher rate of success, and in a much shorter time, than when you began. You have also proven that you are a dedicated Learner, someone who has a passion for photography and is willing to put forth the extra effort necessary to accomplish your goals. This Course is the last before the Capstone Course, in which you will be tasked with creating a project over a 2-month period of dedicated photography. The Peer Review photography assignments have been structured with both your advanced capabilities and dedication in mind...in other words, they will require both! Be prepared to allocate more time than you have in previous Courses for the assignments, because they will take more time and because you will really enjoy them! Course Four ends with an overview of methods for finalizing your pictures in print form, including simple but effective matting techniques, and in web page designs as well. The pleasures and perils of sharing in social media sites are also yours to discover. Protecting your copyrights by understanding that concept and the ways that you can assert them, being careful about blogs and other outlets, and recognizing you are part of a community that respects the individual's creative effort, well that is important knowledge to have in preparation for the Capstone too! Let's get started with Module One!...

LF
Nov 2, 2020

This course went beyond my expectations! The lessons were very practical for aspiring photographers of the modern era, especially if one wants to really stick to the field of professional photography.

DR
Jan 10, 2018

This is an excellent course. I found the description rather intimidating but was very pleased with how it worked out. At least according to the peer reviews I submitted my best work in Course 4.

26 - 50 of 225 Reviews for Photography Techniques: Light, Content, and Sharing

By Paiva M F

Jul 18, 2020

Photography techniques, and light content and sharing, gives us great knowledge, it helps us how to use and information about Camera and perfect time to use of natural lights and artificial lights around us.

By Bethany M

Sep 8, 2019

I adore Professor Glendinning. I like that the classes aren't dry and easy to follow. It truly feels like you have your own professor sitting on your screen in front of you. The classes are very informative.

By Roberto B

Jul 21, 2019

Did not expected. The information in this course was the click I was waiting for... get you to get money from your passion (if you want to). And Do´s and dont´s of sharing online... 100% Satisfied

By Nasik A

Jul 1, 2020

Interesting. You may get bored in previous course but this second last course of specialization is quite amazing and useful. It includes the important aspects of Post_photography images.

By Elizabeth C

Dec 14, 2020

An exceptional online learning program. The instructors are dedicated and welcoming, the peer feedback system is helpful and efficient. I have enjoyed the program and learned so much.

By Maria F H F

Feb 4, 2018

I think is an amazing course where you can learn and actually make sense of some tools in your camera, also as how to protect your work. I am very happy with this specialization

By Lord L

Aug 25, 2020

This course was super helpful in guiding me on how to use light to influence pictures and how to protect my pictures along with a lt of other guidelines. I am really grateful.

By Alexandra L

Jul 6, 2017

I use Blurb to make photo books with my pics from holidays. When I opened my last book I had the impression that it was "too blue". After finishing this course I know why :).

By Owen M

May 23, 2019

I really enjoyed the course content and the delivery. Prof Glendinning is very encouraging and does a great delivery. Definitely recommended. Thank you for all I've learnt.

By Krushik K K

Nov 30, 2020

It was much more helpful for me to learn light in photography. I recommended learners to do a full course to learning the best photography from Prof. Peter and Prof. Mark.

By jamilamostafa

Jan 12, 2018

at the first course after a while i wanted to go and try to take a picture then i took at and my family liked it coursera is a great opportunity to help you learn or creat

By Sheilah S

Jul 3, 2018

This was the course out of the first 4 that was the most challenging and the one where I learned the most. Good thing that videos can be rewatched and rewatched.

By Mohammad N N

Jun 17, 2020

I have face some audios problems which is actually technical problem. I also like to recommand if there would be a summery section end of the every long videos.

By a. c t

Oct 10, 2020

experimenting, doing it and exploring is very much helpful, thank you so much for the opportunity and sharing your knowledge and your talents . via con Dios!

By Michael M

Jul 29, 2020

This course and the specialization have given me confidence that I can continue building my photography skills and possibly switch career paths in the future.

By Sierra N

Oct 9, 2020

This course really dove into the more technical side of photography. Including the use of flash, printing and copyrights. All very useful information.

By Larry B

Mar 6, 2020

Great course. I really learned more than I could have imagined about protecting my photos. A must for all photographers sharing their photos.

By Ricardo V F

Feb 2, 2017

Now I know how to use basic lighting to make it seem like I have a very complex photography study... Thanks for all the tips and information.

By Robert d B

Feb 24, 2017

Sometimes we might think we know a lot, but this course adds very well to your photography knowledge in very many areas.

Highly recommended.

By Joshua H C D

Feb 26, 2019

One program that help me with the basic and that proves that this course has help me a lot and I am improving all days with this course.

By Fernando R

Mar 6, 2017

This course is a unique oportunity to learn photography, Professors Glendinning and Sullivan share all their knowledge whith us, thanks!

By Rossella D P

May 1, 2018

I like the course but the weeks are very dense and I did non like the tight deadline. It would be nice to have it divided in 6 weeks

By Yadira N

Sep 8, 2020

Grateful to be part of this course, as ever thanks to Professors Mark and Peter for his invaluable knowledge they share with us.

By Moutman H A

Jan 27, 2020

This course opened my eyes to many things and technique I did not know about before, I get a lot of benefit from this course.

By Princess A S

Dec 29, 2020

One of my favorite courses, with excellent Professors! Thank you Coursera, DOST Philippines, and Michigan university! :)