Back to Introductory Human Physiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University

LL
Jun 1, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.\n\nThis course is AMAZING! Though sometimes I felt overwhelmed and couldn't remember everything, I think it was worth every effort and energy.

VB
Sep 11, 2020

Very informative, straight forward, and was practically free too! The teachers were very easy to understand, had a real passion for their subject, and I really learned a lot. Would totally recommend!

101 - 125 of 921 Reviews for Introductory Human Physiology

By M Y

Nov 4, 2021

I received a wonderful Introduction to Physiology course from two valuable faculty members who are full of enthusiasm to teach. I had the opportunity to quickly review all systems. I listened to the lectures and answered the exam questions in the early hours of the morning when the day was the most productive. If there is a course that is a continuation of this course, I will follow up on taking it.

Murat Yağmurca, Bursa, Turkey

By Muhammad Z M

Aug 15, 2015

i learn here how to learn....really fabulous ,method of teaching ...i like both teachers and their way of speaking...i like course contents i.e. they are really arranged in professional manner....thank you DUKE university and its teachers for giving me such a important platform for learning.........

By 张智澎

Oct 2, 2018

I used two months to finish the course. I really appreciate Dr. Carbrey and Dr. Jakoi, who piqued my interest in human physiology. The materials are logical, though a little challenging for a freshman. I hope more courses will be provided by Duke University soon, and I cannot wait to learn more.

By Laddie M

Sep 24, 2020

Extremely thorough and very well organized. The additional resources and transcript for each video is an immense help. I would highly recommend going through this course before taking one at any college you plan on attending. You'll have a huge head start and a deeper insight for the material.

By Bohdan M

Mar 23, 2020

Thanks a lot to Emma Jakoi and Jennifer Carbrey. It was brilliant course, еspecially lections about respiratory, cardiovascular and endocrine systems. That helped me to understand such processes as action potential, membrane potential,differences between pressures within thoracic cavity etc.

By Kyle b

Jul 23, 2021

This was an excellent, in depth view of human physiology, to a point of what an entry level physician/PA/Advanced Care Paramedic should know. This course has definitely helped reinforce information and I can use the knowledge gained in this course to assist in teaching my own. Well done!

By Ho J W B

Dec 10, 2016

The instructors were very helpful! Emma is a great educator who responds almost instantly to your questions in the forum, making learning so much accessible! Definitely a great course even for someone who does not have any biology to pick it up! Don't be hesitant to learning! Go for it!

By Ahmed S S

Amazing course, I've learned some outstanding physiological concepts, which helped me a lot understanding different concepts about the human body. The course instructors, Dr. Jennifer and Dr. Mimi was so kind and helpful. Thank you for providing such a helpful course for everyone!

By swarupa k

Oct 13, 2020

Thanks to Dr. Jakoi and Dr. Carbrey. Enjoyed the sessions so much. I come from Engineering background with no prior knowledge of biology and wanted to understand my system. This course hes helped me to meet my objective. Thanks both of you for your effort and time. God bless!

By carlos d

Jul 26, 2020

I think that this course is very complete, videos are well explained, there are many good resources and archives, the teachers help with kindness students with some troubles or some confusing topics. I'm very grateful and glad to have completed and participated of this course

By Ananya G

Aug 7, 2020

I found it a bit tough because I'm only a high schooler but it was an amazing course. The teachers were very engaging and I definitely learned a lot. If you're interested in physiology and have a good understanding of chemistry and biology, you should definitely try it out.

By Hao C

Jun 15, 2020

A very comprehensive introduction to human physiology, but the course material is very demanding and takes time to memorize. If you want to take this course, it'd be better to have some basic knowledge of elementary biology (Biology 101) and a general idea of human anatomy.

By sara a

Aug 19, 2021

To say it all, things made simple for a student to learn and understand at a study pace. This subject was very much necessary for my course, and as it was not taught in class our teachers recommended us to do it on Coursera, and it was worth learning after all the efforts.

By Dr. R R

Jul 31, 2021

I am a member of the teaching staff of the Department of Physiology, at Lyceum Northwestern University College of Medicine. Taking this course helps me to refresh myself with the basic of Physiology. It also gives me confident teaching this subject to our medical students.

By Qoimam Z

Jul 14, 2020

I love this class. The lecturers are so brilliant, passionate. We are directed to learn a concept! worth to try. Basically i love neurology, endocrinology, pulmunology parts. but the rest parts i still don't have a courage to learn more (you know it's solely my interest)

By Victor M

Aug 17, 2017

The course is amazing, and thanks to the lecturers which have done such a great job building up their presentation. By experience, it is rare to find highly qualified researchers who are also ready to share their expertise through well-prepared motivational pedagogy.

By Elza P

Mar 13, 2018

Wonderful course! I enjoyed learning about the human physiology holistically by understanding connections between organ systems in various physiological pathways as well as by the review of disorders that truly help understand better how the body works. Thank you!

By Rohit P

Jun 4, 2020

What an exceptional amount of good information here. I am a Zoology student and this course helped me brush up my skills alongside adding more to my knowledge. The tutors are lovely, always smiling and explaining things with great efforts. You'll enjoy this one!

By Mostafa E

Aug 28, 2017

this full course about physiology really is amazing and very informative. it really cover most of the topics in the short time with extensive amount of information which is presented in an amazing way that gets you to complete the course to the end. great job

By Yaroslav K

Dec 11, 2018

This course is quite enormous and (for a first-timer into that topic) gives a vast understanding about human body and all the processes that are going on there on daily basis. Lots of practical information. Gives a clear whole picture of our organism. Bravo!

By Leila A

I'm a physiology major and have completed a degree in physiology. I must say this course is really great worthy and quite useful. This course helped me to revive and fixate things I already learned. Thanks a lot

I hope there would a complementary course too.

By Yardley M K

Mar 31, 2016

This is one of the best courses. I really enjoyed taking this class again. this class is not easy. you do have to put in the time and effort to study the material and it is well worth your effort. thank you for pulling this all together and teaching me!

By Anner d J

Aug 16, 2020

Amazing resource and content. What would help (me) learn even more are more 'overview' / summary tables. (At the end of one week's content, there are so many protein+hormone+other signaling entities introduces that one loses track of which does which.)

By Sharon H

May 20, 2017

It is one of the hardest and most rewarding course I have ever taken, It open paths in my brain that I didn't know i had. Thank you for bringing this opportunity to someone like me. In my life, I would have never been able to attend Duke University