Back to Introductory Human Physiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University

LL

Jun 02, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.\n\nThis course is AMAZING! Though sometimes I felt overwhelmed and couldn't remember everything, I think it was worth every effort and energy.

KN

Apr 16, 2018

I am an incoming medical student here in the Philippines and this course has provided me with enough background about the human body and the underlying machinery of every system associated with it.

101 - 125 of 395 Reviews for Introductory Human Physiology

By Chris B

May 22, 2017

Excellent quality of lectures, especially from the lead professor. Really helped me out as I am studying a similar course in a second language (Swedish) and I needed a lot of help with my key concepts in my own language. Have already

By Intishar R

Apr 03, 2016

This well organized course can provide a solid foundation in Human Physiology. Great for learners with an interest in Physiology and little background in biology.

By Ting Z

Aug 08, 2015

Wonderful course. The lectures connected many key conceptions together, and made a good story. It is a very good introduction to physiology. But is you want to know more, you need to investigate the text book. Also, I really thing physiology is still a living discipline, and more new things is adding on it. All in all, I like this course, but I need to know more.

By Sergio T

Sep 13, 2016

Amazing teachers, thanks a lot!

By Bohdan M

Sep 17, 2015

Thanks a lot to Emma Jakoi and Jennifer Carbrey. It was brilliant course, еspecially lections about respiratory, cardiovascular and endocrine systems. That helped me to understand such processes as action potential, membrane potential,differences between pressures within thoracic cavity etc.

By Dowran S M

Oct 01, 2016

the best course

By Georgiana N

Jul 06, 2016

Great course!

By Laura N O

Jan 03, 2016

Very interesting to get a background :D

By Medhat A

Jul 24, 2016

good one

By Indira R

Aug 18, 2015

I would like to rate this fabulous course as excellent under Dr. Emma Jakoi and Dr. Jennifer Carbrey, brilliant instructersThank you very much for all the kind explanation given for my questions, and good video quizzes, enjoyable problem sets and mind provoking exams.

Regards and lots of thanks.

Indira Raghunathan

Mar 16, 2018

Epic

By Anastasiia N

Oct 23, 2015

The effect of this course in understanding the body physiology and understanding the terminology of other courses can be compared to learning to read. Now I can take other, more specialized courses without having to Google every other word and actually understand the processes they're talking about instead of simply memorizing them.

Especially, now that I am taking several other courses, I have the opportunity to appreciate the depth clever systematic approach to explain such complex processes of our body. Sometimes I got the feeling that I lack some background as many terms used to explain processes were not explained. But that was greatly compensated by teachers' and mentors' participation in the forum and answering questions on every subject. I was amazed that such free course offers the luxury of teachers replying to your questions, and this actually motivated me to study even more diligently. And yes, come up with new questions :) By the end of the course not all my questions were answered, but on the other side, without this course I never would even think of asking those questions about work of human body! Such great interest and inquiry have you wakened in me, thank you very much!

I would like to note that the course used a wonderful array of tools to create understanding of the subject. One of the best was storytelling by Dr. Jakoi. Stories in the best way to learn as theoretical information is related to real-life situations, and in fact, I remembered all stories that she told, like stories about her son who had high parasympathetic tone, about guy who drank too much water to remove kidney stone, etc. Along with remembering the stories, I remembered the information it was about.

One more thing I would like to note is that I liked your tests and practice quizzes. Not all courses have practice questions after the lessons and it’s excellent way to memorize info. Also, quizzes include tasks of application of knowledge in some practical situations - makes you think and analyze the info to explain real-life phenomena. It’s difficult to correctly reply to such questions only relying on information: you need understanding of the process. In this way, these are excellent quizzes.

So thank you very much for such high quality educative course, it helped me a lot!

By Gabriela A

Aug 15, 2015

So good.

By Lisa K

Nov 14, 2015

Great course! Hard, I'm learning lots but very well-put together and well delivered. Bravo!

By ANBUMANI J

Sep 13, 2015

vv useful

By Tomas P

Jul 25, 2017

a great introduction to human physiology!

By Daniel J M

Oct 07, 2015

Great course you really learn a lot about the various systems in the body, and can now have a new look at your health.

By Meenal K

Aug 07, 2015

great .thx to dr oakley for wonderful videos n i liked her style of teaching.always with a smiling face!

By daniela m

Sep 20, 2015

Easy to undertand. Simple words are always use and the professor give you examples.

By Ghada A