Back to Introductory Human Physiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University

LL

Jun 02, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.\n\nThis course is AMAZING! Though sometimes I felt overwhelmed and couldn't remember everything, I think it was worth every effort and energy.

VB

Sep 12, 2020

Very informative, straight forward, and was practically free too! The teachers were very easy to understand, had a real passion for their subject, and I really learned a lot. Would totally recommend!

51 - 75 of 729 Reviews for Introductory Human Physiology

By Michal T

Oct 12, 2017

A comprehensive introduction to Human Physiology. My background in physiology had been rather poor (should have paid more attention in Biology lessons:) but I understood this course well. It is well structured and explained at a quite basic level. If you do not mind stopping the lessons now and then to check out some terminology, I believe this course is just perfect. It has also been quite fun, too. I would appreciate more "real" pictures included in addition to the diagrams. Good luck with the course and thank you!

By Jael R

Nov 03, 2018

Intensely informative and I emphasize intense. Very detailed information. Take the time to understand what they are teaching you. Use the slides provided for your notes. The instructors answer your questions quickly and in easy to understand detail. If you have any interest in pursuing work in conventional, natural, or alternative medicine, you must take this course. Learning how the body maintains itself from the cell to the system is a solid foundation to build on. Thank you for providing this course!

By MRMC

Jan 10, 2016

I should have started with the course Learning How to Learn first before I even started with this Introductory Human Physiology course because It would have better prepared me to understand the course better and be able to finish the course on time. It looks like I will need to really study this course slowly at my own phase by not being concerned and bothered by any deadline. Thanks and congratulation to the Professors responsible for putting up together complex course on line and FREE at that.

By Hanyu W

Mar 08, 2020

Great course. Very informative and useful to prepare for medical school. The lecturers are both great and clear. The only small issue for me, personally, is that some lecture segments maybe a bit long (more than 30 mins). I would suggest making the segments shorter for better concentration and reflection. (Again, that's just my personal preference.) Overall, I would recommend the course to everyone. Thanks so much for the efforts from the lecturers.

By Aspasia S

Nov 12, 2017

Simple and comprehensive, yet sound and on point presentation of the basics of the vast field of Physiology. This course helps a lot on focusing on the important terms and conditions and in organizing everything in one's mind. Particularly helpful for undergraduates on the health sciences' field, who can be overwhelmed when in first contact with this subject. I would strongly recommend and encourage everybody interested to enroll.

By Luis E G y G

Apr 08, 2019

EXCELLENT course, I love it! the material is very complete and covers everything basic and essential about physiology at an adequate level, the exams I liked because they are a bit difficult but they make you study and review the lessons. Of the courses that have taught me the most and I learned a lot. The instructors are great, it is seen that they totally dominate the topics and teach in a very didactic and concise way.

By Manaswini P

Jun 05, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. I had heard of Coursera and had a preliminary interest in biology, especially with physiology and thus decided to pursue this course. Though I initially found it difficult and an adjustment, both professors did an excellent job of not only explaining the material but detailing its relevance in our lives and soon enough, I was caught up and looked forward to each lecture.

By Kim R

Sep 13, 2020

I took this course simply for my own self-interest. I am absolutely amazed to learn all that we know about the human body and how it functions! And this was just an introductory course. Instructors made the material clear to understand with good use of diagrams and markings on the diagrams; anecdotal stories interjected appropriately also helped make the material make sense. Thanks for sharing!

By Juan P V A

Oct 06, 2020

Excelente, brinda una mirada profunda del funcionamiento del cuerpo humano y todos los procesos involucrados, desde lo netamente fisiológico y Anatómico hasta lo Químico y Biológico. Además las profesoras son conocedoras del tema y aún siendo una educación virtual, logran dar a conocer la temática y hacer las clases interesantes y lúdicas. Agradezco a Duke University y a Coursera por este espacio.

By Santosh K M

Nov 29, 2019

The break up of each topic in a weekly manner is planned very well. The concept is well articulated and hence it becomes easier for the student to understand and imagine the working of each part of the body. The material is also simplified so that even a fresher would easily assimilate the contents. Looking forward to more courses from Duke. Thanks once again for the enlightenment on Physiology

By Luisa S

This course was very well structured and easy to understand. After every lecture you could do an assessment to check wheather you understood the general concepst and could transfere them to real life situations. It was awesome that you got an sum up PDF at the end of every week, so can easily repeat the content and look up informations about specific topics. I really enjoyed this course.

By svetlana s

Jun 09, 2016

One of the best free online A&P courses I have seen and been part of. The content is very well laid out and is presented in a very easy to follow manner. I would highly recommend doing this course. There is a lot of new information to learn especially if you have not done A&P before, but the excellent video lectures and written resources make it relatively easy to find answers.

By Mayank B

Feb 28, 2019

I loved this course from the very start of the lecture. All the concepts explained in the video(s) are utmost important and simplified for easy understanding. Ms is explaining so well all the terms and principle behind the physiology.

The lectures are in depth and gives ample knowledge in human physiology. I highly recommend this course to everyone.

Duke University rocks !

By Mariana V

Oct 03, 2019

The way of explaining from the teachers is AMAZING, I wish I was taught like this in college. The tie invested in this course is totally worthed. if you are a student or even if you're working it helps to refresh concepts and to explain them as simple as they can be. I just can't address enough how good it is. Would take another of their courses without thinking.

By Ting Z

Aug 08, 2015

Wonderful course. The lectures connected many key conceptions together, and made a good story. It is a very good introduction to physiology. But is you want to know more, you need to investigate the text book. Also, I really thing physiology is still a living discipline, and more new things is adding on it. All in all, I like this course, but I need to know more.

By anushka n

Jun 17, 2020

This course is excellent for any biology enthusiasts and future doctors. It explains human physiology in an organized, detailed yet easy manner, which maintains the interest of the student throughout the course. I personally enjoyed the course very much as it linked the physiological process to real-life situations which I found very helpful and interesting.

By Pallavi C

Jun 14, 2020

An excellent physiology course...the instructors are pretty amazing with the lectures and the lecture notes. It is a dense course and required significant work to complete the course. I have no background in biology and took the course out of interest and to see what I could retain (and understand). It was well worth the time. So Thank you!

By Arundeep S

Sep 07, 2020

A very helpful course for a non-medical individual. It would have been nice, if there were examples taken throughout the course like it was in the last lecture to analyse situation. I believe that will help people to retain the information for longer, as the course had a lot to teach. Many thanks for the course and both the professors.

By Shahreen I R

Aug 03, 2020

It was an wonderful experience for me.I am a 4th year student of med school. Physiology was my 1st year topic and there are few things i was completely forgotten. So this course was bit of a review journey for me but i found many topics clearer and easier than i understood before. And all the quizzes are so well standard. Thanks!

By Maxwell R H

Nov 11, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. As someone with a background in engineering and computer science, it was fascinating to learn about how our bodies work. Thank you for offering this course on Coursera. I truly appreciate the quality of the lectures and materials presented by Emma Jakoi and Jennifer Carbrey from Duke University.

By Mary B

Sep 12, 2020

This was a challenging course but very informative, I learned some new things and other information was reiterated. All in all I would recommend anyone that is a Biology or Nursing major to take this course and I encourage all Biology and Nursing instructors to take this course. I loved it, wish you had one for Human Anatomy.

By Sophia E

I throughly enjoyed this course. The videos and professors were so informative and easy to follow. The practice problem sets and mini quizzes at the end of the videos helped to test my knowledge on the subject and prepare myself for the exams. I put a lot of time and energy into this course and got a lot out of it. Thank you.

By Clarice

Dec 15, 2015

Professoras explicam muito bem, sempre estão retomando os tópicos mais importantes, em todos os vídeos quase tem uns minutinhos para relembrar o que foi visto na aula anterior. As legendas funcionam certinho, só alguns vídeos que ela é atrasada, mas no geral todas funcionam.

Curso muito bom, ajuda muito na vida acadêmica.

By Chunda K

Dec 19, 2019

The syllabus and content are so applicable to real life situations just the way science is supposed to be. I have done human physiology course at one point in my second and third year of study in a school of medicine, and this has really helped me understand and grasp the concepts at this later stage. Thank you.

By Indira R

Aug 18, 2015

I would like to rate this fabulous course as excellent under Dr. Emma Jakoi and Dr. Jennifer Carbrey, brilliant instructersThank you very much for all the kind explanation given for my questions, and good video quizzes, enjoyable problem sets and mind provoking exams.

Regards and lots of thanks.

Indira Raghunathan