Back to Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology by Tel Aviv University

This class is aimed at people interested in understanding the basic science of plant biology. In this four lecture series, we'll first learn about the structure-function of plants and of plant cells. Then we'll try to understand how plants grow and develop, making such complex structures as flowers. Once we know how plants grow and develop, we'll then delve into understanding photosynthesis - how plants take carbon dioxide from the air and water from soil, and turn this into oxygen for us to breathe and sugars for us to eat. In the last lecture we'll learn about the fascinating, important and controversial science behind genetic engineering in agriculture. If you haven't taken it already, you may also be interested in my other course - What A Plant Knows, which examines how plants see, smell, hear and feel their environment: https://www.coursera.org/learn/plantknows. In order to receive academic credit for this course you must successfully pass the academic exam on campus. For information on how to register for the academic exam – https://tauonline.tau.ac.il/registration Additionally, you can apply to certain degrees using the grades you received on the courses. Read more on this here – https://go.tau.ac.il/b.a/mooc-acceptance Teachers interested in teaching this course in their class rooms are invited to explore our Academic High school program here – https://tauonline.tau.ac.il/online-highschool...

AP
Nov 4, 2017

That was a pleasure to have such a passionate and interested in biology lecturer. I found course useful and interesting. Thank you dr. Chamovitz for let me being your student for last several weeks.

JL
Aug 27, 2017

The course does very good job for providing the planned content. However if you have already studied the field and want to have more deep understanding like I do, you need to look for other courses.

51 - 75 of 199 Reviews for Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology

By Burkhard R

Dec 30, 2018

I like the way Mr. Chamovitz is teaching. Clear voice, good subjects and a positiv attitude.

Make the world a better place!

Thanks a lot!!

By Sonam N

Sep 7, 2020

it was a great experience for me . this course increased my knowledge on plant sciences. and i'm very thankful for your kind support .

By Liza v G

Jan 25, 2018

Learning about genetic engeneering is very interesting. A gene is a gene. In this course you learn why.

Thanks to Daniel Chamovitz, Ph D

By Ruth V

Dec 13, 2016

Love the clarity of the instructors deliver which is supported by great explanations and most importantly visual aids & demonstrations.

By Leonardo C d S

Apr 24, 2020

I loved this course, very didactic and for those who like plants and understand more about them, in a scientific way, it's perfect !

By Adriana O

Aug 19, 2019

It is well explained and the quizzes are thinking to answer. I got a great review of plant science and also I learn new topics

By Larissa D

Nov 4, 2019

Really enjoyed this course. It cemented the biology learned in Part 1 and extended to a more detailed look at photosynthesis.

By Eric H

Jun 22, 2018

A very informative and well-resourced course, presented in brief, powerful lectures accompanied by clear slides and videos.

By Karen H

Jun 3, 2017

As well presented and informative as Part I. Thoroughly enjoyed the course and improved my understanding of plant biology

By Arifa

Sep 6, 2020

Coursera has helped me to increase my knowledge about plants' life. I will recommend my friends to learn from Coursera

By Bruno d S S

Curso muito bom pra quem faz graduação na área de biológicas ou agronomia e quer ter uma noção básica sobre o assunto.

By Marwan E I

Feb 28, 2017

Very useful information presented well by a knowledgeable professor who keeps you interested in the course. Thank you

By sayna p

Jan 21, 2018

i would like to see more in depth lectures but this was a great intro, passionate professor, interesting material.

By Robin B

Oct 6, 2017

This Professor has great knowledge, presents it beautifully, and speaks clearly. Learning and enjoying his course.

By Carlos E P d L

Jan 21, 2017

A very interesting course about plants and how they survive and live, with a little bit of genetic engineering.

By Claudia

Oct 17, 2020

Excellent course. I highly recommend it to everyone who is interested in plants. I really enjoyed it. Thanks!

By Fahida A

Aug 18, 2020

Awesome course to gain knowledge of plant biology. Thank you, Coursera for offering such an amazing course.

By Elizabeth D

Jun 27, 2017

Very Interesting. The professor is obviously very knowledgeable and cares deeply about what he is teaching.

By Manuel J

Jul 1, 2018

Fantastic approach to basics Plant Biology. Clearly exposed by proffesor. Enjoyable course. Recommended.

By Halil A P G

Sep 5, 2020

un curso muy entretenido, muy bien explicado, te quedas con ganas de aprender más, muchas gracias!

By Mark

Dec 16, 2016

Very comprehensive, not overly difficult for people who do not have a background in biology/botany

By Luis s s

Feb 1, 2019

another

recommended

master class.. learn about genomics,food security and primary,plant biology

By Sandra L C

May 1, 2020

It is really incredible the professor's ability to explain very complex processes in biology.

By Manab B G

Aug 18, 2020

It has really helped me to understand the principles of plant biology and transgenic plants

By matthew s

Sep 8, 2017

Easy paced and absorbing. Thank you for this course. I have learnt much that i did not know.