Back to Pointers, Arrays, and Recursion

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Pointers, Arrays, and Recursion by Duke University

4.4

The third course in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C introduces the programming constructs pointers, arrays, and recursion. Pointers provide control and flexibility when programming in C by giving you a way to refer to the location of other data. Arrays provide a way to bundle data by guaranteeing sequences of data are grouped together. Finally, recursive functions—functions that call themselves—provide an alternative to iteration that are very useful for implementing certain algorithms....

ZT
Jun 9, 2020

This course is certainly very challenging and I am glad I made it. To those who are still struggling with the poker game project, I encourage you to keep working hard and you will achieve a lot.

H
Aug 18, 2020

Best part of the course the assignments and the poker project. I loved the reading part too. Best skill I got from this course is deep knowledge of debugging.

26 - 50 of 75 Reviews for Pointers, Arrays, and Recursion

By Brandon G

Jun 3, 2019

Great course that taught important programming topics.

By Jimmy K A

Apr 2, 2019

Really nice and the project is really challenging.

By Shivam k

Sep 5, 2020

know about pointers and recursion in c

By Navjyot S

Dec 3, 2020

One of the best course, ever have.

By Neel P

Feb 16, 2020

awesome .please give more example

By SMRITI A

May 12, 2020

faculty charges reply very late.

By Anurag S

Apr 25, 2020

Best course to learn c language

By Saumya K

Jul 6, 2020

Really Challenging but Fun!

By BIR B

Aug 16, 2020

thanku sir for teaching me

By Soumyajit M

Jun 16, 2019

great

By G N R

Jun 6, 2020

good

By leekibeom

Jan 17, 2019

good

By Ahmed M m

Jan 3, 2021

By Alan-Frank V

Jan 3, 2019

By J K

Jul 13, 2019

I think this is one of the best courses I've taken (and that's including the famous deeplearning.ai trajectory), because it is finally quite difficult, and covers even more advanced topics like function pointers. The best part is the fact that there is also some explanation on the hardware and memory, which make understanding the "why" of choices made more intuitive.

The order in which new information is added is spot on, and the assignment are relatively difficult and you really have to focus; tinkering your way through doesn't work (I was reminded of the saying: "Reading for half an hour, will save you two weeks of trying"

As a downside: I HATE emacs in this PPE environment; I'm used to sublime text, and all short-cuts/hotkeys are different. In addition, the ctrl-w, which is for copying (I think) closes the PPE tab, have resulted in lost code, and some cursing from my side.

However, all in all: great and I would recommend it to anyone interested in C programming (... or learning Emacs ;))

By Dehming T

Nov 4, 2019

Learned a lot about pointers and arrays which I admittedly spaced out on in college. There was an assignment of recursion and how to efficiently use it, however it's use seemed somewhat limited in the final project. This would have been a five star, however the discussion forum response from the instructor team needs to be faster, especially since I'm 99% sure I'm reporting an error and the only staff response was not helpful (and no follow up!, bad business there, especially since the courses are paid, not expensive for American standards, but not all countries make American wages).

By Jake S

Dec 30, 2019

I really enjoyed the instructors, I just think the course is not structured well for Coursera's weekly cadence. Learners who expect the time investment to stay the same week-to-week are in for a big surprise when the challenges come at the end of each course. It is as if you are asked to stack two bricks upon each other, then construct the empire state building. Hence the panicked learners in the forums. Thank goodness it is a flexible deadline course.