Back to Psychology of Popularity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Psychology of Popularity by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

The level of popularity you experienced in childhood and adolescence is still affecting you today in ways that you may not even realize. Learn about how psychologists study popularity and how these same concepts can be used in adulthood to be more successful at work, become better parents, and have a happier life....

JD
Feb 20, 2016

This course has been absolutely terrific! The knowledge and insight this has briefed me with has been very useful, and makes more than a lot of sense. Thank You Mr. Prinstein, and Thank You Coursera!

HC
May 10, 2018

This was amazing, really interesting, well presented. A good insight into how our friendships while of school age can impact on our adulthood and how this is so often repeated down the generations.

26 - 50 of 229 Reviews for Psychology of Popularity

By Larissa H H

Sep 16, 2020

This course has been absolutely amazing! Dr. Mitch Prinstein does not only has a lot of knowledge, he also has the ability of teaching with mastery.

The dynamic of the course was fantastic as well. The lessons were brief, and the tests were fair, with objective questions about the topics teached.

If you want to get to know yourself better (how do you interpret simple events of everyday life, and how your childhood may affect your future) this course is for you.

By Kostiuk Y

Sep 1, 2020

Досить цікава тема простими слова про складні речі, які зазвичай остаються поза полем зору серед зрілих людей. Чимало учнів зможуть відкрити для себе ази до пізнання, а також подальшої поведінки самих себе та людей, які їх оточують. Зробивши необхідні корективи в власній поведінці, методом аналізу отриманої інформації з курсу, є реальний шанс своє соціальне становище, методом підвищення власної популярності.

By Jinan M L

Dec 1, 2020

Very clear and friendly lecturer, and very interesting topics discussed! Learned lots about how likability and popularity impact our personalities, biases, attachment styles and even health in adulthood. Quiz questions were not always straightforward, and required you to understand what was taught - precisely what I'd expect from a solid university like UNCCH. This is quality content. Highly recommended!

By Yuen W H

This has been a very engaging and interesting course that has given me new perspectives on what popularity means and how it could affect individuals throughout their lives. The explanations by Prof Prinstein were very clear and well-supported with a wide range of scientific studies, and the slides were simple yet highly effective, especially the animations that were incorporated into the slides.

By Serena S

Jul 1, 2019

I Loved taking this course, the professor was engaging and it was far more challenging than I anticipated! It made me look at my high school years in a new light and how it affected myself and those I went to school with as well. It's still breaking ground research and I think I'll be taking part in the study to find out more! Thanks for teaching it and making it available!

By Marta F

Sep 8, 2018

Great course!! Before knowing that there is such thing as psychology of popularity I knew intuitively that popularity had to be a big factor deserving of study. Growing up I was very aware of how popular some people were and the power they had on the rest -most of the time unknowingly. The social dynamics are so interesting. This course was amazing to me. Thank you!!

By Asif-Uz-Zaman K S

Sep 3, 2020

No words to thank Dr. Mitch Prinstein. One of the best course I have ever taken. While taking the course I remembered my kindergarten, primary, high school and college level and had an illustration of the behavior of all my friends and I am now able to categorize myself too. In long run this course gonna help anyone who take it. I highly recommend this course.

By Natalia M

Jun 1, 2017

Incredible course. Fully recommended. Mitch Prinstein is great explaining concepts as difficult as the human mind, makes them so simple to understand.

Es un curso increíble. Totalmente recomendable. Mitch Prinstein es genial explicando conceptos tan difíciles como la mente humana, los vuelve muy simples para comprender.

By MELISSA

Many of the lessons learned in this course were things that I "knew" anecdotally, and it was interesting to learn the research-backed perspective. I liked learning the distinction between likability and social reputation, and gaining the re enforcement that being "nice" or likable is a solid path in life.

By Alfonsus G

Jun 20, 2020

This class provides a lot of results from research on the popularity that has been done so that the facts and explanations can be trusted. Besides, I also discovered many new facts about the popularity that I had never heard of before, thus creating a new perspective for me. I highly recommend this class.

By Samantha S

Feb 10, 2016

This course is full of interesting information based on the most up-to-date research around the two types of popularity. Dr. Mitch Prinstein presented the information in a very relatable and non-judgement way. If you are interested in Psychology (and/or are a parent) take this course!

By Lisa S

Feb 22, 2016

This course was very insightful. I would love to learn more and about suggestions for taking this learning further into adulthood and what popularity means in the workplace and beyond. Though we touched on it, I think there is a lot more yet to discover. Thanks!

By Jānis M

Jan 26, 2017

Nice course, explaining all the basics of popularity, it's various perceptions and impact throughout lifespan. Really good if you have kids and want to understand more on their societal development and how you can support them in finding their place in society.

By Siddhi J

Feb 26, 2019

Loved how sensitive the instructor has been about various topics. He's been enthusiastic as well. Not only did I learn a lot, I eagerly wrote to my friends, every time I came across an insight- which always ended in a rich conversation.

I'm much grateful.

By Bára B

Sep 26, 2016

Very interesting and fun. I expected something like "how to be pupular", but I was really pleasantly surprised - it is really based on scientific researches I haven't heard before and hard data. Some parts of the course showed me a new perspective.

By Teresa c

This was very eye opening as to how and why kids truly feel the way they do when in school, around friends, and in their social environments. This course benefited my view of children and how adults can easily be an effective mentor for them.

By Danae P

Jun 23, 2020

Very informative. I want to believe that I learned more about myself also. I am now 25 years old so I still remember adolescence clearly enough and this course gave me a new perspective on how things might have actually been back then.

By Geetika K

Sep 24, 2020

I enjoyed learning how popularity affects each one of us differently and can have an impact on us for the rest of our lives. No doubt Dr. Mitch is an amazing instructor. Would surely recommend this course. Have fun. Best wishes. :)

By 任吉媛

Aug 2, 2017

The structure is very clear, also the topics are great and interesting. It's my first online course, and it turns out to be very helpful, from the course I've learned the basic knowledge of popularity psychology. :D

By Paula K T

Oct 27, 2020

This course helped me assess my life and it has helped put a lot of my growing up issues into a better perspective. I hope I can use what I've learned in my recovery. Thank you for designing this insightful course.

By Lorenzo G M d B

Aug 20, 2020

As a Psychology student, i consider very important to take this course to learn about the importance of early rejection or acceptance by peers as well as later outcomes. It was very interesting to me as well.

By Shishir C D

May 9, 2020

This man is a Genius. I am really appreciating him as he instructs this course from the beginning till the end so smoothly. It helps me to understand every topic pretty well in this Course. Thanks a lot Sir

By Nirav N

Sep 7, 2020

Yes, This course teaches me how actually the growth of children gets affected by social and other emotional issues. Basically It's an eye opening course for me . Really thanks for this course.

By Karin C

Dec 8, 2016

This course offers very important tools to detect violence from the popularity perspective through signs and symptoms of children and teenagers behavior. I can widely recommend this course.

By Lara G

Nov 13, 2020

What a fantastic course on an extremely interesting topic. I really enjoyed it and thought the lecturer was fantastic, presenting everything clearly at the right pace. Thank you so much.