Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

226 - 250 of 765 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Elena F V

Sep 12, 2020

Exceptional source of information, extraordinary professors. I enjoyed and learnt so much. Thank you, University of Sydney and Coursera, for an excellent course.

By Md L B

Aug 19, 2020

This is an excellent course with its materials and instructor. I liked it so much and learnt a lot which i will utilize both in my personal and professional life.

By Ceri H

Dec 29, 2020

A very interesting and holistic combination of ideas packed with realistic advice relevant to anyone, regardless of current states of mental or physical health.

By Jack K

Jul 23, 2020

Very good lecturers and I enjoyed the incorporation of the Aboriginal insights and ideas for wellbeing as well as Tina's personal story throughout the course.

By sadia s

Apr 13, 2020

It deepens my knowledge regarding different aspects of mental disorders and hoe to treat them effectively with lifestyle changes, medications and counselling.

By Christina P

Apr 7, 2020

Thank you so much for this very inspirational course! I learnt so many and various aspects of psychiatry and psychology promoting well being via so many ways!

By Nicole F

Apr 27, 2021

This course was Amazing! I got a closer look into mental health and glad to see the many treatments to help patients recovery and enjoy a life worth living!

By Martina C

I really enjoyed learning about positive psychiatry and mental illnesses. Moreover, this course gave me insights on how to help myself and others. Thank you.

By GURRAMKONDA Y

Jun 14, 2020

Every topic was covered as much as possible and given with examples. It increases my sense of knowledge and relatability about various mental health issues.

By Jean-Charles A

May 12, 2020

A Very complete course! I really enjoyed it. There are a lot of useful ressources and tools in there. I will add these new abilities to my coaching sessions

By Md M R

Apr 22, 2020

I couldn’t imagine how nice the course is!

It brings me lot. I have learnt a lot about psychiatry, mental illness and recovery process. I am very pleased.

By Nattanicha Y

Mar 27, 2019

Thank you for a wonderful course! it's help me to understand more about mental health and very useful for everyone especially Mental health at workplace.

By Stephanie M S

May 23, 2020

This course was well laid out and easy to follow.

If an individual is diligent, it can be completed in a week or less.

Best $70 I've spent in a while.

By KANNIAH J

Jul 16, 2019

This is a very interesting subject to learn. Nothing can be more interesting than learning about human behaviors. Thank you for this wonderful course.

By Lisandro A D R

Apr 26, 2021

Excelent curso que enseña hay esperanza en la recuperación de personas con enfermedad mental. Acaba con el mito que el psicoanáilisis está revaluado.

By NAKSHATRA N A E C

Oct 30, 2020

Wonderful course content, research oriented video lessons, extraordinary assessments. Helps me lot in my Wellness Coach journey. So excited to pass.

By A.C.R

Mar 6, 2019

Very well informative course that open your path of learning about mental health and wellness. I thank all of instructors for their time and effort.

By Valery R Z

Apr 20, 2021

Un curso muy completo, informativo y práctico, útil para el futuro especialista en salud mental o las personas en general interesadas en el tema. :)

By Ol S

A challenging course, teaching and contributing to personal mental health. Knowledge is a power and thank you for this power that you share with me.

By Deng Y

Oct 11, 2020

I love how the course content is designed. Great thanks to the instructors and professors! Learned so much about ways of managing stress, anxiety.

By David A

Jun 30, 2019

has a lot of information that is easy to understand, having to deal with mental health myself this brings new light to what 'MENTAL HEALTH" acutal

By Kruti S P

May 9, 2021

Great course! I will strongly recommend this course to everyone. It covers all the mental health issues with possible interventions and outcomes.

By Sonia R

Jun 15, 2020

Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health course was truly inspirational and informational. Thank to my instructor and staff, you did an awesome job!

By Soumya C U

This has been a good experience. I got to learn about mental illness and disorders and how positive mental health can help people become better.

By Rosemarie A

Sep 30, 2020

Thank you! I loved taking this course. I learned a lot and hope to use the knowledge learned in my daily routine and will share it with others.