Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

301 - 325 of 693 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Vijaykumar S H

Sep 28, 2020

Awesome Course those who are passionate to learn about positive psychology and importance of mental health!!!

By Susan H

Feb 20, 2019

I enjoyed this course immensely. I can use this information for family members who have mental health issues.

By Mohamed Z

Jun 27, 2020

Very Knowledgeable course. I never felt bored, the course just gets interesting as it proceeds every second.

By Alejandro A L P

Aug 1, 2020

Excelente forma de explicar varias temáticas acerca de la Psiquiatría Positiva y la visión de Australia :)

By Lindsey W

Jul 18, 2020

Extremely thorough and knowledgeable material, professors and great concepts! Loved this course so much...

By Bruna P

Nov 21, 2019

Very Interesting course!! The layout Is easy to follow and the assignments are relevant. Would recommend!!

By Carmen C

Dec 16, 2020

I learned a lot! It will be very useful especially during this pandemic. I highly recommend this course.

By Valeria E M S

Oct 11, 2020

Esta muy padre , pero parece ser que muchos estudiantes no se toman enserio el chequeo de los exercises.

By Mabel I B

Aug 16, 2020

Excelente curso. Muy buen material. Me ayudó mucho a aproximarme al trabajo con personas con trastornos.

By Dr. A S

Jun 15, 2020

It was an amazing and enhacing experience all together for me. Thank you for such an informative course.

By Nour I

Nov 29, 2020

I loved this course, it is very important because it explain in a very clear way every mental disorder.

By Amanda d F B

Aug 7, 2020

Acredito que esse curso seja útil para todas as pessoas! Não apenas da área de atuação em saúde mental.

By Naina J

Jan 4, 2021

It was easy to follow and kept me engaged. I learned a lot that I know I too can use in my daily life!

By Amy S M

Sep 23, 2020

I very much enjoyed this course and found it beneficial both personally and professionally. Thank you!

By Marta K

Dec 20, 2019

it is a good course, but too much is unhealthy - we have generalization and everyone is different :-)

By Maziar S

Mar 11, 2018

Had a great time taking this course. I learned a lot and it was interactive. Thank you Dr. Sonia Kumar

By Ajay S

Apr 20, 2020

Very very interesting and useful for us to know how to care positively for people with mental illness

By Sergio A G

Sep 27, 2020

It was a very nice course. The topics were so interesting and well organized. I loved the surveys.

By Shannon M

Jul 14, 2020

I found this course to be engaging, productive and infomative. The content and delivery are great.

By Rita T

Dec 2, 2020

Including a story from a person who went through mental health illness is brilliant and inspiring

By NEFELI C

Sep 3, 2020

Very well presented, organised, the videos are really helpful and informative, I learned so much!

By Lakshita S

Aug 4, 2020

V helpful for understanding the mental health issues and how to treat them in a holistic approach

By Jitendra K K

May 16, 2020

I have learnt so many things about mental health. Interesting, Informative and insightful course.

By Aryesh A

Feb 17, 2020

I liked this course very much.I learned something new.I learned to live the life in a better way.

By Shannell Z

Sep 13, 2020

I personally found the course easily accessible, great content that has helped me in my career.