Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

PP

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

401 - 425 of 573 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Harvey R L

May 03, 2020

Lot's of really great info and insight.

By Luis M L C

Sep 15, 2020

Es un curso completo y bien elaborado.

By Fardia M Z

excellent content. very easy to follow

By Kaushika K

Jun 27, 2020

course is so informative and helpful.

By jomon j

Jun 02, 2020

Good and informative course .loved it

By Jessica L

Absolutely fantastic very insightful

By sherly

Apr 27, 2020

i learnt so much to recall thank you

By Kelly D P

Dec 18, 2019

Loved this course and learned a lot!

Jun 24, 2018

Very informative, love the readings.

By Monica M

Jul 05, 2020

Informative, encouraging, enjoyable

By Shylaja J C f C a H S

Jul 02, 2020

Very informative and great learning

By Micaela B

Great! I love it and learned a lot!

By Ana R P

May 28, 2018

A very informative course.

Ana R. P.

By Raja

Dec 30, 2017

It gave me a new perception of life

By Sharon C

Oct 27, 2017

Incredibly interesting and relevant

By Shyam S I

Aug 10, 2020

Thank you so much for this course.

By michelle t

Oct 13, 2020

this is good course to do thank u

By Alisha k

Jul 07, 2020

really fun and highly recommended

By Cristian V

Jun 01, 2020

Excelente curso. Muchas gracias!!

By Abigail G

Aug 05, 2020

Concise but very informative :)

By jaini v

Jul 31, 2020

Wonderful learning experience..

By Charlotte K

Oct 19, 2019

Now I'm closer to my dream job!

By damarillier@gmail.com

May 15, 2018

highly recommend this course it

By UTHUMALEBBE F S

Sep 15, 2020

Good course.

I feel very happy

By Dominika P

It was such an amazing course