Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

551 - 575 of 829 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Luisa F L G

Sep 9, 2021

​Excelente cuenta con un materia muy bueno

By Bidisha K

Aug 19, 2021

This course is very informative and useful

By AMBIKA S

Sep 9, 2020

It was a very good and interesting course.

By Edwin d R s

Aug 20, 2020

excelente curso, para nuestro diario vivir

By Jasreet K D

Jul 22, 2020

Very interesting. Learnt a lot. Thank you.

By Dr N M A C S B U

Dec 12, 2019

Grat course.

Dr Sonia Kumar is a good tutor

By Anushka T

Feb 10, 2021

Very informative and well planned course.

By Illia C

Jul 19, 2020

I enjoyed the videos and material shared.

By Jennifer O

Jun 27, 2020

I enjoyed this course, i highly recommend

By José B d M F

Jul 10, 2020

Amazing course! The best one! I love it.

By Kevin V

Oct 9, 2019

Very informative, easy to follow course.

By Stephanie G E O

Nov 8, 2020

I Learned a lot! It is Worth the money.

By Rebeca M V

Jul 14, 2020

It was very interesting and eye-opening

By Harvey R L

May 3, 2020

Lot's of really great info and insight.

By Hafeeza M

Aug 31, 2021

do it!! trust me!!! just do the course

By Nirmal T

Jan 8, 2021

informative, relevant and very helpful

By Elissa E H

Nov 4, 2020

very helpful, detailed and well taught

By Luis M L C

Sep 15, 2020

Es un curso completo y bien elaborado.

By Fardia M Z

excellent content. very easy to follow

By Hanae R

Nov 26, 2020

I've really enjoyed this course, 🥰🥰

By Kaushika K

Jun 27, 2020

course is so informative and helpful.

By jomon j

Jun 2, 2020

Good and informative course .loved it

By Pirana I I

Jan 14, 2021

Everything was excellent. Thank you!

By Jessica L

Absolutely fantastic very insightful

By sherly

Apr 26, 2020

i learnt so much to recall thank you