Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

51 - 75 of 613 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Prem A

Jul 3, 2020

I congratulate Dr. Kumar for exposing us to this course “ Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health”. I enjoyed every bit of it and in particular, various videos by renowned professors who narrated each

subject in a very concise form. I will mention about Tin story; after watching her videos, I am sure, lots of people must have felt better. I am vert happy for her and hope every going through rough time must be that courageous and optimistic. GOD BLESS.

By Worlanyo K S

Nov 12, 2019

Excellent course. Worth every minute of the time spent! I enjoyed all the lectures and read through all the recommended resources. I couldn't get enough. I have learned a lot about Positive Mental Health and Positive Psychology and the very practical approach to assignments gave me confidence as well. Having consumers educate us was priceless. Grateful to them for sharing their lives with us.

Highly recommended for anyone who cares about Mental Health.

By LUZ E L Q

Aug 5, 2020

El contenido y el material muy apropiado. Con respecto a la forma de calificar me parece válido pero sugiero mayor claridad al momento de redactar las preguntas para presentar los productos finales dado que se presta para diferentes interpretaciones.

Con respecto a las calificación falta objetividad de parte de compañeros y la producción de algunos estudiantes es muy pobre, sugiero que un profesional calificado sea el que emita las valoraciones.

By Hemant R

Aug 12, 2020

Throughout this course on positive psychiatry, I have been able to dive deep into the complexities involved in mental health and the different pathways available for effective recovery. The videos are most informative and have enabled me to understand better the mental health scene in the Australian context. On top, I highly recommend this course to anybody ready to explore deeper into layers of mental health recovery and well-being.

By branki c

May 4, 2020

one of the best courses I have ever participated in! very helpful and informative I gained a lot of new knowledge and learned a lot of things about what contributes to mental health and knew that there is a lot of rumours surrounded psychotherapy and medications and rather you studied psychology or no this course is for you and for everyone out there who is willing to promote his health or the people around him health and wellbeing

By Angelica G

May 12, 2020

I am glad I actually took this course because not only I learned more in depth about good mental health and positive psychiatry, I was able to interact with students online with their discussion posts about week's we have learned and discuss our opinions about any subject we thought was needed to be focused on. However, the professor's videos, articles, and other resources were very helpful to understand the course.

By Aline M d O

Jul 21, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The lectures are informative and the instructors are not only knowledgeable, but also nice to listen to; they sound empathic and non-judgmental. Additionally, the inclusion of Tina’s journey told by herself is, at the same time, enlightening, moving and motivating. Highly recommend this course to anyone interested in educating themselves and becoming better, more empathic people.

By Jaqueline V E H

Aug 5, 2020

Aprendí como influyen tus emociones a nivel psicológico, neuronal y biológico podemos realizar un cambio basado en un plan de vida que nos integre a un sistema donde el bienestar mental nos adelanta a una cultura con valores, sumado el método de estudio ha sido ameno y apasionante, los vídeos, las lecturas me han ayudado entender mucho más esta ciencia tan hermosa que es la Psicología y Psiquiatría Positiva.

By Tatiana G

Jul 14, 2020

This course is interesting and has great importance as it offers a well structured understanding of mechanisms of mental distress and techniques that lead to recovery. The lectures are read by different specialists from all fields. This is excellent. It promotes the idea that a recovery and positive outcome is possible and provides examples advocating this idea. The positive approach is extremely important.

By William W

Feb 1, 2020

This course improved my knowledge of how the mind and body interact. The link between mental and physical health in much stronger than I believed before taking this course. the knowledge that I have gained will help me be and better care giver to the person I support with a mental illness. The course had given me more hope for people with mental illness to recover and live and procudive full life.

By Tahnea R

Jul 25, 2020

I really enjoyed studying Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health. I'd be happy to recommend the course to anyone interested in a career or interest in mental health. The course would benefit friends, family and patients with a primary focus in understanding how to cope with the challenges of Psychiatric mental health impacts in their daily lives while earning a University level certificate.

Tahnea.

By Renee K

Nov 5, 2020

I personally enjoyed this course since I take a keen interest in learning psychology and furthering my studies on it in the future.

Thank you to the many representatives that took their time to produce meaningful and informative lectures on positive psychiatry and the readings they provided.

I would recommend this course to any person interested in psychology and the clinical side of it...

By Anand N R

I am into the profession of therapy and healing and this course equipped me with the necessary knowledge and also provided me with a lot of additional inputs, techniques and tools that would come in handy as they are resourceful and applicable in the practical setting. I would like to thank and appreciate Dr. Sonia Kumar and all the teachers for putting such a fantastic course together.

By Aisha Z A A

Thank you so much, I enjoyed the course and I found it helpful. I would suggest adding a session about older adults' mental health and wellbeing. In the last session of Prof. Ian Hickie AM, he spoke about late-life problems cognitive decline and dementia and how this can be preventive by early intervention. Actually more information is needed about this particular topic.

By Carlo R

Oct 13, 2020

Good learning material for someone who wants to know more about psychiatry and positive psychology. Plenty of theory as well as practical information. Very great course for people wanting to pursue a career in the field of intervention or professional as a psychiatrist, social worker or psychologist. Thank-you- the course is also well organised and structured.

By Ramkumar R

Feb 13, 2018

It fuses insights from positive psychology for a strengths based approach into recovery including work, family life, spirituality, exercise, creativity and other pursuits. Very engaging videos. Very useful and new approach in Psychiatry where patients are viewed as collaborators. Recommended if you are facing or know someone facing mental health issues

By Dario D

Aug 5, 2020

I found that the course on Positive Psychiatry is well structured! Video lectures are easy to follow, clearly presented and the quality of the content has met my expectations by far. This was my first encounter with the topic, and after course completion I feel motivated to investigate more about strategies that have been here overviewed. Excellent!

By Rehman E

Sep 25, 2019

Awesome course!

There is no only lectures: meetings with interesting persons, a lot of readings, videos, modern subjects, even 'mental healt' it is for us. Very useful in our everyday life. For me it is also good practice to my English skills especially in Psychiatry.

I totally recommend this course!

Really appreciate to the University of Sydney

By Eme C C

Oct 29, 2020

I have a lot of things learn when it comes to mental health, now I can impart it with my students and apply it in my own life, thank you to Dr. Ruby T. Llave who share the link for me to get enrolled here, to DOST Caraga Engr. Noel. M. Ajoc for facilitating, and University of Sydney for the expertise. Thank you so much more power and God bless!

By Shruti P

Jun 9, 2020

Very informative and fact based lectures. I learnt a lot about psychiatry and concepts related to it. As a Clinical Psychology and Counselling students, I can proudly say that this course will definitely benefit me in application/taking sessions and starting my own personal centre. Thank you all the team members and The University of Sydney.

By Sanjida S

Jun 13, 2020

Through this course I have learned to think positively and now I am in a much stable mental state. I feel confident again and I want others to feel the same. For that I will share all my learning with those around me. I can't thank all the instructions enough! Because of this course I've found hope that I will achieve better things in life.

By Wilsey G V M

Sep 5, 2020

By far, one of the best courses you can found in this plataform. Specify the positive mental health promotion, the main and most common mental disorders, how the consumer communities are, and there is a entire module/week dedicated to improve your physical health in order to improve you mental health. It is a necessary course for everyone.

By Nicola J

Jan 11, 2019

Very engaging and informative course in which I learnt various self-help techniques to contribute towards wellbeing and good mental health ie exercising, good nutrition etc. I also learnt much about the different types of mental health conditions and how they can be treated in a clinical setting. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Shiby V

Oct 3, 2020

I really liked this course as it provided clear and concise information about mental health. Personally, the content in this course has helped me to look at the issues in my life with clarity and look for positive outcomes. A big thank you to all the contributors who made this course and Coursera to make this course available to us all.

By Anoosha S Z

Oct 2, 2020

This is by far the best course I have taken here. You can see the hardwork and efforts put into making it available here. Comprehensive, informative and so helpful if you're a student of psychology like me. The instructors are knowledgeable, lectures are interesting and the peer reviewed assignments are engaging and thought provoking.