Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

801 - 825 of 845 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Diana S J

Aug 22, 2020

Me gustaria que te dieran un certificado por tomar el cuerso

By Ricardo S C P

Sep 20, 2020

Some link are missed or dont show the file, article or page

By Malak G

Nov 5, 2020

excellent course..i learned exactly what i've expected

By Sammy B

Apr 20, 2021

A good course if you've wanted studied psychology!!

By Sonal N

Apr 1, 2021

A comprehensive course covering a range of topics.

By Memoona

Apr 19, 2020

it was really informative and nice experience. :)

By Marlene H

Mar 27, 2020

Great course, well put together and informative

By Hort L P

Oct 20, 2019

I have learnt so many things in this Course!

By DONNA C

Nov 25, 2020

Very informative course materials.

By Najmussaman P

Aug 21, 2020

Very useful and really intersting

By KHAN Z

Jul 23, 2020

I can't download my certificate

By David A S M

Dec 8, 2020

Fue util el curso... Gracias ☺

By Vineet A

Aug 5, 2020

Well designed and articulated

By Annalisa P

Jun 23, 2020

Very interesting and usefull!

By Dana S

May 9, 2020

interesting

By Talasila A

Dec 18, 2020

good

By Bharat S

Sep 23, 2020

Good

By Wang J M

Sep 9, 2020

The course is great, lectures informative and readings interesting. Gained quite a bit of knowledge. However, the peer assignment grading system is atrocious. I have gotten 0s and 100s on the same assignment which moderates my grade to 50, and it is obvious the peer graders absolutely put in zero effort by just putting 0 down for everything (even word count?!) which can be extremely demoralising because I had put in a lot of effort for the assignments. If one is to give 0, I'd recommend to have to put reasons down for it and for the lecturer to actually review the 0 or it would be unfair. Or to change the system to having 3 graders and using the higher 2 of the 3 to prevent lazy graders from sabotaging their peers. Otherwise, good course content.

By Jacquelyn C M

Nov 5, 2020

Loved the courses and videos and readings, but the technology is severly flawed. Would not let me review other students after week one and then would not allow me to do the assignments in weeks 2-4. Also I completed the quizzes at end of week 5, but it kept saying I didn't. Very frustrating to do all the work and get zero credit for the course. I just want it noted that I completed the entire course, with the exception of what the course would no allow me to complete.

By Michael S

Apr 23, 2021

A good dip into the psychology and methodology within the framework of positive psychiatry. Some attention should be given to the quality of articles, and the functionality of some videos. overall a very rewarding journey with a lot of good takeaways and practical applications for everyday life as well as clinical support.