Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

201 - 225 of 433 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Christine P

Dec 23, 2019

Very well presented and structured. Enjoyable, easy and learning focused assessments

Very useful for my job.

Thanks

By Anna

Jul 06, 2020

It was wonderful experience for me. I got so much knowledge and insights! Thank you very much for this course!!!

By Karla P Q

Jun 25, 2020

Thank you very much!!! Really beautiful! I am a psychologist and I want to specialize in art therapy!

All LOVE!!!

By Shu-Ee W

May 22, 2020

Very informative course! Would definitely recommend to those who are interested in mental health and psychiatry.

By Balaji A

Apr 05, 2020

All the video lectures were very awesome.

The assessment methods and MCQs in between lectures were highlights.

By Susan H

Feb 20, 2019

I enjoyed this course immensely. I can use this information for family members who have mental health issues.

By Mohamed Z

Jun 27, 2020

Very Knowledgeable course. I never felt bored, the course just gets interesting as it proceeds every second.

By Alejandro A L P

Aug 01, 2020

Excelente forma de explicar varias temáticas acerca de la Psiquiatría Positiva y la visión de Australia :)

By Lindsey W

Jul 18, 2020

Extremely thorough and knowledgeable material, professors and great concepts! Loved this course so much...

By Bruna P

Nov 22, 2019

Very Interesting course!! The layout Is easy to follow and the assignments are relevant. Would recommend!!

By Dr. A S

Jun 15, 2020

It was an amazing and enhacing experience all together for me. Thank you for such an informative course.

By Amanda d F B

Aug 07, 2020

Acredito que esse curso seja útil para todas as pessoas! Não apenas da área de atuação em saúde mental.

By Marta K

Dec 20, 2019

it is a good course, but too much is unhealthy - we have generalization and everyone is different :-)

By Maziar S

Mar 11, 2018

Had a great time taking this course. I learned a lot and it was interactive. Thank you Dr. Sonia Kumar

By Ajay S

Apr 20, 2020

Very very interesting and useful for us to know how to care positively for people with mental illness

By Shannon M

Jul 15, 2020

I found this course to be engaging, productive and infomative. The content and delivery are great.

By Lakshita S

Aug 04, 2020

V helpful for understanding the mental health issues and how to treat them in a holistic approach

By Jitendra K K

May 16, 2020

I have learnt so many things about mental health. Interesting, Informative and insightful course.

By Aryesh A

Feb 17, 2020

I liked this course very much.I learned something new.I learned to live the life in a better way.

By Nihal K

Aug 06, 2020

I've learned alott through this course it has enhanced my knowledge much more about psychiatry.

By Alexis R

May 06, 2020

Amazing course - topics were relevant, easy to understand, and presented in a favorable manner.

By María d C O R

Mar 18, 2019

¡Muy bueno! Enriquecedor y positivo.

Muchas gracias a la Universidad de Sidney y a los ponentes.

By Vidhi J

Jul 05, 2020

it was amazing. i not only got to learn new things but also have become a very positive person

By Mónica C

Mar 26, 2020

Un curso demasiado bueno, que brinda diversos conocimientos y tips para garantizar en consulta

By Suktisuddha G

Jun 25, 2020

This course has been very helpful and informative , the reading materials were very amazing !