Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

226 - 250 of 418 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Nicole C

Jul 04, 2020

Excellent course, I learn so much mental health concept due to this course. Thank you :)

By Elizabeth P

Mar 17, 2020

Very interesting. I didn't think I would enjoy psychiatry as much as I did. Thank you!

By Rait E

Nov 19, 2019

I got what I came for - what I came for was an introduction to mental health. Thank you.

By Samaja D

Jul 26, 2020

This course was really helpful for me to develop skills to acquire better mental health

By Ataina J

Jul 17, 2020

Thank You all for all your hard work putting this all together! God bless all of you!!!

By Jennifer R

Jun 21, 2020

Excellent course! Well planned and presented with clear, concise and relevant concepts.

By Oscar R

Jul 28, 2020

Such a wonderful experience that has change the view I see the life in a positive way!

By Afaf S A

Jul 15, 2020

It’s the best course I’ve had in my life . I so interesting with all lectures. Thanks

By Agrima V

Jun 15, 2020

it is honestly one of the most interesting and knowledgeable courses about psychology

By Aastha M

Apr 29, 2020

IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE. HIghly recommended!! THANKYOU EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU :)

By Pam W

Mar 10, 2020

Very interesting material. Was very useful to me in understanding my own conditions.

By MOHAMED M P

Aug 01, 2020

A Very good insight to the subject and one of the best presentations of the subject

By Kosha G

May 14, 2018

great start for anyone wanting to learn about mental illnesses from the very roots.

By Alexandria P

It is helpful and gives very good resources that can help you in your own recovery

By Marissa Y H

Feb 08, 2020

Awesome course and I've learned a lot about positive mental health and psychiatry.

By Dayana A L c

Jun 17, 2020

Excelente curso me fascina su contenido sus conferencias todo lo recomiendo mucho

By Assel B

May 13, 2020

One of the best courses on mental health.! Definitely recommend it to everybody.

By Claire D

Apr 14, 2020

Learned a lot of new skills and knowledge that I can apply in the working field!

By Jekaterina

Jul 08, 2019

I found this course interesting and learned a lot of this subject. Thank you. ;)

By Egon W

Jan 25, 2019

All in all a very good course giving a good overview about positive Psychiatry.

By Yaqeen S

Dec 25, 2018

Great course, wonderful content and lovely teachers. Enjoyed every bit of it.

By Jorim H

Dec 21, 2018

Very good course. They combine evidence and practices from different fields.

By salma w

Aug 03, 2019

A very useful course for a more thriving mental health. Highly recommended.

By Carla z l

May 15, 2020

de muy buen nivel técnico y científico , entrega conocimientos variados .

By PVC

Jul 29, 2020

That course is really good for people who is searching for this knowledge