Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

301 - 325 of 751 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Sarah A

May 6, 2018

This course was very helpful for me to learn . The information was clear and easy to follow . I really enjoyed this course.

By Dailux J

Jun 13, 2020

The best course I have ever done in Coursera; however, there's room for improvement regarding the peer evaluation section.

By Janvi G

Jun 8, 2020

new concepts were easily taught shared experiences were also easily understood readings were explanatory and quite helpful

By Oluwatosin

This course was very enlightening. I know a lot more about mental health than I did before. Thank you to the coordinators.

By Sam H

Nov 13, 2017

Incredible quality. Such great expert contributors, well organised and well researched. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

By Kuma R S

Mar 3, 2021

It's very well designed course with practical ideas that really help in bringing positive outcome if applied effectively.

By Carrie S

Sep 21, 2020

I enjoyed this class very much. I have already begun to incorporate some of the techniques into my own day to day activit

By VIHANG G P

Thanks a Lot !! Its a very beneficial course. The Teaching was awesome and the learning was easy and lucid to understand.

By Benita A

Oct 22, 2018

The information was very useful at this time of life and I have leant so much from the professors who taught this course.

By Michael M

Oct 8, 2020

Truly excellent overview of the multiple dimensions of mental health and psychiatry. I'm really happy that I took this.

By Madhumitha A

Jul 27, 2020

it was useful about learning this course which we want to know the fact that we face in our daily life and its recovery.

By Nishesh A

Jun 17, 2020

This is one of the best mental health related online course. Highly recommended for everyone who is into mental health.

By Edisson I R P

May 8, 2020

Thanks for everything learned, we can only apply it in our lives to find emotional stability and positive mental health

By sandra p

Dec 22, 2020

The course was really helpful in many aspects. All the topics were engaging. I even found some assignments really fun.

By Josue E M A

May 7, 2021

Nice course, I'm better educated myself about mental health and many topics that I was always curious to learn about.

By Boglarka P

Apr 17, 2021

Insightful, easy to follow and informative. Really loved the structure and the depth of the sessions was appropriate.

By Sống T Đ

i think everyone should learn this course even though you didnt work in this field. it can help your mental health.

By Christian D L P H

Jul 6, 2019

Teachers and Lectures are so awesome, it helps to improve and think the mental health from a different perspective.

By Roberta B

Mar 29, 2021

Excellent course! Very qualified teachers, very well taught classes and clear and accessible content. I recommend!

By Maria J K

Jan 7, 2020

It is an amazing course that gives many insights into everyday life. This will surely help you lead a better life.

By Christine P

Dec 22, 2019

Very well presented and structured. Enjoyable, easy and learning focused assessments

Very useful for my job.

Thanks

By Anna

Jul 6, 2020

It was wonderful experience for me. I got so much knowledge and insights! Thank you very much for this course!!!

Jun 24, 2020

Thank you very much!!! Really beautiful! I am a psychologist and I want to specialize in art therapy!

All LOVE!!!

By Shu-Ee W

May 22, 2020

Very informative course! Would definitely recommend to those who are interested in mental health and psychiatry.

By Cheri L S

Feb 1, 2021

Amazing course would recommend this to anyone interested in learning about positive phycology and mental health