Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

376 - 400 of 763 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Roshni K

Apr 14, 2020

Extremely helpful

has helped me reduce anxiety during this covid-19 lockdown

By CRISTIAN A M V

Aug 31, 2020

Un curso totalmente completo en todos los aspectos, un nivel de la talla de la universidad.

By Nitin J J

Jun 29, 2020

I learned how to overcome stress, depression, other mental illness. The plan of happy life.

By Eva S

Mar 22, 2021

Such a multidimensional and insightful course! Really amazing and would highly recommend:)

By Reyna I F R

Sep 20, 2020

I learn a lot and understand something that I don't know or maybe I don't understand well.

By Kassandra D

Jun 8, 2020

This was a great course. The readings and reference provided made it easier to understand.

By Stacy A

Sep 3, 2020

Learned about many resources and areas of life that impact having positive mental health.

By Henri N

Aug 7, 2019

Tout simplement formidable.

Je recommande ce cours de haut niveau. Merci à toute l'équipe

By Daniela M

Oct 5, 2020

Not just theory. Very personal and practical. Life changing. This course was surprising.

By Nicole C

Jul 4, 2020

Excellent course, I learn so much mental health concept due to this course. Thank you :)

By Elizabeth P

Mar 17, 2020

Very interesting. I didn't think I would enjoy psychiatry as much as I did. Thank you!

By Rait E

Nov 19, 2019

I got what I came for - what I came for was an introduction to mental health. Thank you.

By Olalere J

Dec 9, 2020

Now, I understand issues pertaining to Mental Health and Human Psychology. Good course.

By andrea j

Sep 28, 2020

It is an amazing course, you get to learn, enriched your self and enjoy the experience!

By Caryl J B

Aug 11, 2020

Very helpful and enjoyable course. It was comprehensive enough for the given time span.

By Samaja D

Jul 26, 2020

This course was really helpful for me to develop skills to acquire better mental health

By Ataina J

Jul 16, 2020

Thank You all for all your hard work putting this all together! God bless all of you!!!

By Jennifer R

Jun 21, 2020

Excellent course! Well planned and presented with clear, concise and relevant concepts.

By Oscar R

Jul 28, 2020

Such a wonderful experience that has change the view I see the life in a positive way!

By Natalia T O

Dec 5, 2020

Un curso muy iluminador. Me sentí muy satisfecha con los recursos que aporta el curso

By Shamna n

Nov 21, 2020

This course really helpful to my career and good classes and teachers. Thanks for all

By Ingrid P B

Oct 23, 2020

Excelente curso, excelente material y link de lecturas excelentes... recomendado 100%

By Afaf S A

Jul 15, 2020

It’s the best course I’ve had in my life . I so interesting with all lectures. Thanks

By Agrima V

Jun 15, 2020

it is honestly one of the most interesting and knowledgeable courses about psychology

By DR. R A A

Oct 2, 2020

I've learned the positive contributions of positive psychiatry to our lives. Thanks.