Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

PP

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

376 - 400 of 576 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Mohammed S S

Sep 09, 2020

Excellent course i learned many things about myself

By Issam E

Aug 31, 2020

This course helped me understand my self and others

By Tina H

Jul 28, 2020

Thank you with all of my heart for this opportunity

By Robert B S M

Jun 23, 2019

Great course...well-designed and very informative.

By Dr. V M

Mar 24, 2019

Excellent course content. Learnt a lot. Thank you.

By Bria T

Oct 09, 2020

Very educational, engaging and thought provoking.

By Abhirami A S

Sep 19, 2020

THIS IS ONE OF THE FINEST COURSES I HAVE PURSUED.

By Monika P

Aug 07, 2020

Great training, with great educators, thank you!

By Brahmleen K

Jun 18, 2020

Fabulous Course, very helpful for self learning.

By Praneetha k

very helpful course especially for the teenagers

By Gary O

Nov 08, 2019

Very good. Learnt some new eye-opening material.

By Carina A d O

May 08, 2019

Amazing course!!! I've learned so much from it!

By Santiago A L

Jul 24, 2020

Nice course and very relevant in mental health

By Amna T

May 13, 2020

Amazing course. I have learned amazing things

By Natalie W

Dec 01, 2019

Great! Informative and inspiring. Thank you :)

By Maria S V B

May 15, 2020

THIS COURSE IS ONE OF THE BEST WELL PREPARE.

By Sylvia S

Apr 07, 2020

Most informative and hopeful...thank you! :)

By Marlen U M

Sep 21, 2020

Me parecio muy interesante y de mucha ayuda

By DrZaki A

Very good course. Good research methodology

By Ambika S

Sep 09, 2020

It was a very good and interesting course.

By Edwin d R s

Aug 20, 2020

excelente curso, para nuestro diario vivir

By Jasreet K D

Jul 22, 2020

Very interesting. Learnt a lot. Thank you.

By Nadeem M

Dec 13, 2019

Grat course.

Dr Sonia Kumar is a good tutor

By Illia C

Jul 19, 2020

I enjoyed the videos and material shared.

By Jennifer O

Jun 27, 2020

I enjoyed this course, i highly recommend