Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

576 - 600 of 617 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Macy T

Apr 22, 2020

I knew some of the course prior, and it was pretty simple, but it was still really educational and fun!

By Daniela P F

Sep 18, 2020

Tiene buenos recursos, buenos expositores, sólo no estoy de acuerdo con ser evaluada con resúmenes.

By Tofunmi O

May 1, 2020

Really informative course that gives practical tips on how to improve your mental health

By SARBAGAYA P B ( i C

Aug 24, 2020

Best Course to know about mental health and how to be positive in every aspect of life.

By Louis A K H T

Oct 14, 2019

The course is easy to understand and the assignments are not too difficult to complete.

By Arvind S D

Jun 17, 2020

First i think it's difficult but experts made it easy to understand, thanks to You.

By PRATIBHA r

Jun 30, 2020

very well designed course,will be helpful to balance you and people around you

By Sailesh S

Jun 22, 2019

This course really change my ability to make decision and my thinking .

By Roberto A G L

Sep 20, 2020

Very helpful to know the basics of mental illness and mental health.

By Rob A

Excellent course with a good range of presenters and case studies

By Kate B

Apr 29, 2020

Very informative and an excellent introduction to the subject.

By Diana S J

Aug 22, 2020

Me gustaria que te dieran un certificado por tomar el cuerso

By Ricardo S C P

Sep 20, 2020

Some link are missed or dont show the file, article or page

By Malak G

Nov 5, 2020

excellent course..i learned exactly what i've expected

By Memoona F

Apr 19, 2020

it was really informative and nice experience. :)

By Marlene H

Mar 27, 2020

Great course, well put together and informative

By Hort L P

Oct 20, 2019

I have learnt so many things in this Course!

By DONNA C

Nov 25, 2020

Very informative course materials.

By Najmussaman P

Aug 21, 2020

Very useful and really intersting

By KHAN Z

Jul 23, 2020

I can't download my certificate

By Vineet A

Aug 5, 2020

Well designed and articulated

By Annalisa P

Jun 23, 2020

Very interesting and usefull!

By Dana S