Back to Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions by University of Pennsylvania

Positive interventions are one of the building blocks for the application of positive psychology in our day-to-day lives. In this course taught by Dr. James Pawelski, we explore positive interventions through theory, research and practice. We provide learners the basic tools for using and measuring positive psychology in professional or personal contexts. Suggested prerequisite: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science....

LX

Apr 17, 2020

A comprehensive introductory view of validated positive interventions in positive psychology, adopting a hands-on approach in assignments to allow all participants to engage in the practices timely.

JS

Jul 19, 2019

Excellent course. It builds up in the first basic course. Besides theoretical understanding the course provides practical tips which are useful in ones own life as well as in guiding others.

51 - 75 of 386 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions

By Laura D

Mar 03, 2020

This was a fantastic course. In particular, I would say that the discussion prompts and peer-reviewed assignments were really helpful in reflecting on the content and how it fits into your own life. This course was valuable to me from both a personal and professional perspective.

By Raihanah M M

Dec 01, 2018

I really enjoyed this course and would recommend it to anyone wanting to explore how positive psychology can be a tool to promote greater personal well-being. James Pawelski came across as a true humanist at heart who happens to be a philosopher and psychologist by training. :)

By Shiuan L

Apr 11, 2018

This course builds on the foundations course, and goes more in-depth. However, there are some points of overlap, so I would recommend giving yourself a bit of time after taking the foundation course before beginning this one, so this can work as more of a refresher.

By Deepti T

Jul 06, 2017

I really really loved the course... and not only it is knowledgeable but its value in real life is also very high. it solves many of our problems such an anxiety, non- productivity. It is recommended not only to the lovers of positive psychology, but everyone :)

By Zhao W

Sep 06, 2018

Great course! I really enjoyed the applied side of the positive psychology. All different strategies we learned here are very useful. I particularly like to review all the examples. The examples really illustrated how we can apply our knowledge to reality.

By stella e

Mar 06, 2019

I was forced to apply what I learnt immediately. It will be difficult to forget them because I am using them already. I nearly gave up but after watching the Lecturer and his wife's presentation I was motivated and I completed it. That video was awesome!!!

By Kim Y B

May 23, 2018

Great cousre very informative and the assignments allow me to discover something new about myself and,presents challenges for me to answer some because it causes me to think,reflect and fiqure out dig deep into my life and answer assignments truthfully.

By Anna Y

Jul 25, 2018

Just in 4 weeks I've learnt so many things from positive psychology that I can use in my personal life and professional career. I could hardly imagine that it's possible to explain psychology so easy and exciting. Very grateful for this course.

By Abigail A

Aug 27, 2019

James Pawelski was super to watch. He gives credit where credit is due and he is very explanatory. Having him teach was a privilege and an honor. I had a great time learning and I would recommend his course to everyone in whole wide world!

By Catalina M L

Jun 08, 2020

Love the practices suggested by the course, with which you can clearly see what positive psychology is about. It is important to know the theory behind this science, but also to learn how to address it. A great mix of theory and practice!

By Jafed E

Jul 06, 2019

By Rhick D E

Jun 18, 2020

If Dr. Seligman's course focused on how Positive Psychology can help the society. This one is more focused on how we can use it to achieve our own optimal well-being. Such a great course and will definitely consider it life changing.

By Chien M L

Jun 05, 2017

Thanks you James for the clear guidance during the course. I learnt a lot especially when you link the literature and existing research that supports or disputes the findings of positive psychology. All the best in your poetry!

By Nicola W

Aug 13, 2017

I've learned so much through this course. It is a great idea that in the exercises, we can apply the things we've learned before on our own lives. The instructors seem highly knowledgable and enthusiastic. It was a lot of fun!

By Pengfei L

Jan 18, 2019

Professor James Pawelski is very good on psychology and philosophy. And the knowledge about this class is very practical for my life. I appreciate all of you in those courses improving our lives' quality. Thank you very much!

By Debora W

I learned so much about myself and what is most important in goal setting for me. I enjoyed learning my greatest strengths and using them to help others. This course is definitely worth the personal time for each individual.

By ARUN G

May 16, 2017

I enjoyed the lectures and resources and was managing to learn about positive psychology from the main man himself. It was astounding to see how positive psychology has been adopted in various fields. Thank you very much.

By Chia C L

Nov 24, 2017

A course with learning outcomes that have positive impact in our lives. Thank you for sharing all the positive findings. though I may not have firm up my life goals, it definitely provides tools to help me to develop it!

By Erika K

Apr 28, 2017

Great course with James Pawelski, with incredible amount of learnings, concepts and examples of Positive Psychology applications. A course that I highly recommend for everyone who wants to be happy (or happier) in life.

By Kristina D

Jan 20, 2020

What I really liked about this module was exploring strengths and then goal setting using different models. I have found this a really useful approach and find that when I am designing work I weave it into my approach.

By Sylvia R D

Jan 07, 2019

This class was great! The material was presented in an engaging and creative way that was easy to follow. The exercises were well explained, and the information was helpful for both my career and my day to day life.

By Pooja M

Sep 27, 2017

It is a very practical course with a whole lot of tools and techniques that can be applied to improve one's well being. Professor Pawelski gives relatable examples to explain the concepts. It is a wonderful course!

By Camila R R

Jul 06, 2020

I study psychology and honestly, this course was way better than most of my classes. I highly recommend it, because you learn more than theory, you learn how to applicate it, first with yourself, then with others.

By Víctor O

Jul 09, 2018

This MOOC, together with the other 4 MOOC of Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, changed my life. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless whether you are interested or not in psychology.

By Giulia N P D G

Nov 25, 2019

I really loved it, Dr James teaches it in a way that is fun and easy to understand. The tools that he gives are so interesting to apply in a daily basis. I really recommend you to enroll and enjoy this course.