Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

MK

A perfect course for aspirant Positive Psychologist. This course change the way I perceive the challenges of life. Learning the Theory of PERMA is very fascinating and beneficial for happy well-being!

MP

Feb 27, 2020

Excellent and succint explanation of the history, objectives, trends and branches of Positive Psychology. And to learn with the man himself and other leading researchers is a one-of-a-kind experience.

251 - 275 of 1,771 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Tara L

Dec 24, 2018

I wish I knew about Positive Psychology when going to school. I would have majored in Psychology. Instead, I steered away form psychology because I didn't care for the outdated material presented. I wish I would have stuck with it to get to the good stuff like presented in this course.

By Battulga M

Jul 9, 2017

I personally enjoyed this class so much, it is both informative and fun. I've been looking for what degree to do for my graduate studies, and I think I found it from this program - constructive journalism. Thank you Dr. Seligman and all of the professors who contributed to this course.

By Leticia E S

Feb 21, 2019

I loved this foundation course. It gave me an understanding of this new scientific study of Psychology. I have always been interested in Psychology, but didn't completely agree with the focusing on the past so much. I do find this is the perfect area I want to focus on to help others.

By Adam N

Nov 24, 2020

I loved the course. This course gives a great introduction into the topics and uncovers the interconnectedness of positive power. I cannot wait to start following course. Thank you Marty, for working on this topic for so many years and changing the focus of psychology for the better.

By karen b

Apr 7, 2018

I learned a lot about how to bring a new positive perspective to my thinking about therapy, psychology and being. I enjoyed learning about the tenets of positive psychology, practices that can shift my perspectives and practical applications for my work life, society and culture.

By Robert O

May 29, 2017

A great course! Fun, easy to understand, a great update even for psychology students on the Positive Psych field, useful exercises/practices each week to take away, a lot of sense of future potential and emerging research areas within this domain.

Marty is slow talker, just FYI...

By Raj V

Jul 22, 2022

I am an executive coach and a team coach accredited by ICF. I found the contents of Dr. Seligman's program highly useful in helping leaders to change their mindset and behaviour to optimize their career and personal life. I highly recommend this program to leaders and coaches.

By Tang T W

May 9, 2017

I have heard about positive psychology, but with this course I am able to learn that this had been carried out in other countries and effect has been scientifically studied; also I have learnt that other fields that are practising this positive psychology and it is impressive.

By harsha v

Sep 13, 2020

This course offered me a qualitative understanding of positive psychology and well-being. Martin Seligman approach of explaining classes and examples exciting and creating more interest in psychology. I am glad for choosing this course. I recommend others to take this course.

By Eileen F

I was doing the free course a while ago (almost a month) and asked for economic help, I got it and did all the tests and homeworks to get the certificate, and I got to see if I remembered everything, it turns out, it stays in the mind long term! Highly recommend this course.

By Natasa G

Oct 30, 2018

I encourage for those who struggling with negative view of life, and challenge your self to see the positives in life. this course help be to be more grateful and gives me some hands-on practical tips to do in daily basis to keep me being positive. this is a start. thank you

By Dieter K

I enrolled during the COVID lockdown, a very negative period.

During this time I have watched neighbours and friends lose their jobs and homes, and now this has hit me too.

This course is keeping me sane, giving me positive outcomes not only for others, but also for myself.

By Camila R R

Jun 8, 2020

I learned a lot and it is very useful. As a psychology student, I would like to highlight the importance of this kind of content. I wish we had more of it in school, but unfortunately that's not the case. This course is actually my favorite course of all my career so far.

By Andreia A R d A

Feb 22, 2020

The course is excellent and has added many learnings. I felt even more urged to continue studying and deepen my knowledge about Positive Psychology and specialize in this area. I thank Coursera for providing me with such a valuable experience. I recommend it to everyone!

By Diana A

Mar 1, 2021

This course has an excellent overview of Positive Psychology, the information each week is so insightful and just leaves you wanting to learn more. Dr. Seligman was an excellent instructor, his delivery was engaging and the lectures were so relevant to my personal live.

By Verónica G M

Sep 17, 2020

It has been really a pleasure being part of this course with Martin Seligman. I am using these learnings in my life and also have shared with my family. Thanks Martin and all your colleagues that partcipated in this course .

Blessings and please continue touching souls.

By Leticia K

Sep 9, 2017

This was my first online course ever, I really recommend it. The classroom lectures given within the course were excellent always back up with studies, videos and research. I really learned the basic of positive psychology and was left with an urge to carry on studying.

By Charlotte K

Nov 21, 2019

Positive psychology can be learned, there are serious exercises that are evidence-based. In the future I will look more closely at foreign studies, since unfortunately in Denmark we have a different and more negative and wrong bassist conception of positive psychology.

By Vishesh S

Sep 18, 2021

Absolutely superb lectures, readings and the way the course has been designed. Learnt so many different ways of looking at life e.g. Health being a skill or positive gerontology or responding to life's troubles with positivity and grit etc., and scientifically proven.

By Yi Z (

Jul 24, 2017

Highly recommend this course to everyone! I not just learn theories about positive psychology but also learn many practical excises which help me to improve my personal well-being. Besides that, everything I learned from the course helps me to do a better job at work.

By Jon S

Jul 8, 2020

I feel so great having gone through this curriculum. What a beautiful field of study, and everyone walking the earth can stand to learn some of the lessons taught within the walls of this course. I am very grateful to have taken the time to listen. Thanks so much

By To N M S

Jun 11, 2018

Originally, I was taking this for only career and educational purposes. However, this course immediately began to support me personally. I have been able to utilize the information I am learning in trials I am experiencing and have experienced in my life. Thank you.

By Donatienne N

Sep 26, 2017

A good introduction to Positive Psychology from one of the founders of the field. Also includes some of the latest research, which is always a plus. I did not enjoy the last section as much but I am still looking forward to pursuing the rest of M. Seligman's course.

By Marelise G

Aug 6, 2017

One of the most inspiring courses I've ever taken! It certainly had a great effect on my well-being and I am more hopeful about my future than ever. Martin is a wise man and I hope he will live a long time to promote the study of this unique and life-changing topic.