Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

MK

A perfect course for aspirant Positive Psychologist. This course change the way I perceive the challenges of life. Learning the Theory of PERMA is very fascinating and beneficial for happy well-being!

MP
Feb 27, 2020

Excellent and succint explanation of the history, objectives, trends and branches of Positive Psychology. And to learn with the man himself and other leading researchers is a one-of-a-kind experience.

1426 - 1450 of 1,480 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Julia B

Jun 2, 2017

This was my first online learning experience and I found the presentation easy and insightful and will definitely continue to explore other learnings through Coursera

By Claudio F

Jun 21, 2017

Really interesting course about how positive emotions can have a powerful impact on mind and body. The lecture propose some exercise throughout the course as well.

By Holly T

Dec 18, 2020

great course! Nice to see Marty lecture. The assessments were pretty poorly written though—could really use an editor and someone trained in assessment writing.

By Murilo M d S

Aug 19, 2017

Excellent course highly reccommended for everyone who wants to grow the well being. I would only reduce a little bit the DATA part, apart from that, GREAT!!!

By Mariana B

Mar 7, 2018

Houveram alguns erros técnicos da plataforma em solicitar atividades práticas, e até mesmo em perguntas avaliativas. Mas o curso em si é maravilhoso!!!

By Angela E M

Apr 14, 2020

Es un buen curso para el crecimiento personal, ayuda a mejorar aspectos internos de cada individuo. En conclusión ayuda a crear cultura y sociedad.

By Arun B

Aug 10, 2020

I found the course very informative and a huge addition to my knowledge base. I am certain that it shall also impact the person that I am.

By Justin P

Jan 30, 2018

Fascinating and whetted my appetite for more. I'm not convinced by the rigour of the assessments but I'm willing to be proven wrong ...

By Anamika A

Nov 22, 2019

It was a really different than the courses I normally take but i enjoyed it completely, looking forward to similar courses, thank you.

By Jean M K

Jul 23, 2020

A little dry In spots, but overall an enlightening four weeks. I appreciated the variety of Instruction and the breadth of material.

By Anisha R

Feb 15, 2019

Its a great course and exposes you to your thinking. It often makes you introspect how you feel and how you perceive information.

By Maria C H

Apr 8, 2020

I found the course EXCELLENT!!!

However I think you should review it, since some subjects are repetitive in different modules.

By Yanhua X

Apr 17, 2017

Exciting introductory course to the field of positive psychology from some of the most prominent figures within the area.

By Gianna B

Aug 25, 2017

Excellent course. Well presented, thought provoking and entertaining! Gives a broad yet focused overview of the science.

By Christine S G

Nov 17, 2019

My first completed coursers course... It was a challenge and fun... Thanks for the gentle nudges and help...

By Devansh B

Aug 1, 2020

Great introductory course with super interesting exercises. I felt there should be more such exercises.

By Vivian A

Jan 4, 2018

I like this training. I found week 4 a bit too much and technical. The video's should be a bit shorter.

By Neal P

Sep 17, 2018

A lot of review from Seligman's book: Flourish, but some new items that were interesting and helpful

By tomoko1605

Mar 3, 2018

It is a very interesting course. For me it's difficult, because it takes me long time to understand.

By Luis S

Nov 3, 2017

Fantastic introduction, it's a pity that there is not enough literature shared to go more in depth

By Earon E K P

Dec 20, 2020

Excellent course, and I'm an experienced psychologist seeking new horizons in my late career :-)

By Nupoor A

May 7, 2020

Positive Journalism was very drab and boring. The rest of the modules were very interesting.

By Christopher M

Oct 22, 2019

The information provided was interesting, thought-provoking, and left me wanting more!

By Lisa-Ann G

Oct 15, 2018

At times redundant, nevertheless gave me a better understanding of myself and others.

By Claudia L

Muito interessante o curso, mas há algumas aulas com conteudo um pouco massificante.