Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

RS
Dec 8, 2017

Very self-enhancing. Activities are fun and at the same time a good avenue for learning experiences. Very positive and student engaging. Thank you for giving me the chance to be part of this course =)

MK

A perfect course for aspirant Positive Psychologist. This course change the way I perceive the challenges of life. Learning the Theory of PERMA is very fascinating and beneficial for happy well-being!

1451 - 1475 of 1,520 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Ingrid R

Feb 4, 2018

Great learning experience! I enjoyed Dr. Seligman's lectures and presentations. My only observation is that I couldn't reach for an instructor to answer my question in the forum. Maybe there is a different way to access assistance.

By Angela

May 5, 2019

Was really interesting, can listen to MR. Martin Seligman's lectures for hours, the only part that I didn't really find that amazing was about Journalism since there were not so many new thoughts or ideas. Thank you very much anyway!

By KANCHI D

Oct 5, 2020

It was a very useful course. The very concept of 'positive psychology' is exciting and gives new insight. The way of organizing the course was very good. Lectures were interesting. Thank for providing such a nice course

By Kanupriya J

May 2, 2020

In the end the course was boring. I really wanted to know more about the optimism research and the HERO acronym give by professor Seligman himself regarding positive psychology. I wanted more from the course.

By Taranjeet k

Aug 27, 2020

This course not only gives a better perspective to make one's own life positive and good but the ideas and research shared have huge potential for making ones society one's community a happier place to be.

By Kang Z

Apr 14, 2017

The course is well designed but it is hard to make notes. There is no summary words or point in every video. Anyway, recommend for everyone who is interested in positive psychology , this course is great!

By Laura F

Sep 24, 2020

Very interesting course to learn the basic history, philosophy and applications of Possitive Pyshology. It is an estimulating first step to enroll in the other courses to deep more in this field. Thanks!

By Nataly V T

Jul 5, 2018

This is a great course! Quite inspiring, a very complete set of knowledge to get an idea about the discipline of positive psychology. I would love to get more information about interventions though.

By Wendy B

Mar 3, 2019

I really enjoyed it. I thought it overlapped with other related courses that I took earlier which lessened some of the ah ha moments for me. I particularly liked having a range of presenters.

By Ana P L V

Oct 30, 2018

A great course that puts you in the way of better health and well-being through a set of positive interventions for cultivating positive emotions, thoughts and behaviors in our lives.

By Matsuri R N

Jul 31, 2018

It is a really helpful course, and useful well-covered introduction to the field of positive psychology. Looking forward to continue learning from the next modules of the certificate!

By Heather V

Sep 25, 2019

I really enjoyed this course although I wish there were more tangible "tools" I could take into my coaching business to help clients achieve higher well-being and happiness.

By Muhammad R M A

Sep 24, 2020

the course is excellent ,, but I suggest a little improvement like including a workbook with practical steps on how to use positive psychology in our lives and communities

By bianka r

Jul 28, 2019

Very inspiring course. I learned lots. I definitely have a new perspective on things. One of the negatives is how the scientific background of some skills is a bit vague.

By Amarilis O

Apr 21, 2020

Thank you Dr. Seligman for letting other (overseas) learn from your work and experiences with a humble yet professional attitude.

Loved the Constructive Journalism topic!

By Julia B

Jun 2, 2017

This was my first online learning experience and I found the presentation easy and insightful and will definitely continue to explore other learnings through Coursera

By Claudio F

Jun 21, 2017

Really interesting course about how positive emotions can have a powerful impact on mind and body. The lecture propose some exercise throughout the course as well.

By Holly T

Dec 18, 2020

great course! Nice to see Marty lecture. The assessments were pretty poorly written though—could really use an editor and someone trained in assessment writing.

By Murilo M d S

Aug 19, 2017

Excellent course highly reccommended for everyone who wants to grow the well being. I would only reduce a little bit the DATA part, apart from that, GREAT!!!

By Mariana B

Mar 7, 2018

Houveram alguns erros técnicos da plataforma em solicitar atividades práticas, e até mesmo em perguntas avaliativas. Mas o curso em si é maravilhoso!!!

By Angela E M

Apr 14, 2020

Es un buen curso para el crecimiento personal, ayuda a mejorar aspectos internos de cada individuo. En conclusión ayuda a crear cultura y sociedad.

By Arun B

Aug 10, 2020

I found the course very informative and a huge addition to my knowledge base. I am certain that it shall also impact the person that I am.

By Justin P

Jan 30, 2018

Fascinating and whetted my appetite for more. I'm not convinced by the rigour of the assessments but I'm willing to be proven wrong ...

By Anamika A

Nov 22, 2019

It was a really different than the courses I normally take but i enjoyed it completely, looking forward to similar courses, thank you.

By Jean M K

Jul 23, 2020

A little dry In spots, but overall an enlightening four weeks. I appreciated the variety of Instruction and the breadth of material.