Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

RS

Dec 09, 2017

Very self-enhancing. Activities are fun and at the same time a good avenue for learning experiences. Very positive and student engaging. Thank you for giving me the chance to be part of this course =)

BS

Jan 23, 2020

Dr Seligman is a very charismatic professor. He presents the course in a very interesting and engaging way. I enjoyed the coursework as well as the reading. I will be delving further into the subject.

101 - 125 of 1,308 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Lorraine J C

Jun 10, 2018

Excellent presentation and, for me, alternative to searching for a psychologist who practices positive psychology for actual therapy! I am very much in need of exactly this type of therapy and, having been in therapy over the years, and working in the field of medicine for years, I feel like a sponge...this course speaks to me! Thank you, Dr. Seligman!

By Miray M

Oct 02, 2019

The course is not only beneficial for my occupation but also being a silver-lining for my challenging period of my private life with useful and theoretical & practical tips and exercises. Glad to learn PERMA model, 3 Blessings Exercises, Character Strengths tools, and especially glad to meet with Martin Seligman and his colleagues. Thank you uPeen!

By Manju

Aug 03, 2018

always used to wonder why we always look at the dark side of things why not have a solution centric brighter approach . this course provides all tools to use this strategy , which i m already trying to do in a small way . have formed a group of 30 people and there each montn in a session we work on positive interventions , on a particular emotion

By Joan S d O L

It is a excelent course, because change us by inside first to inspire and help people to change after that. I am very grateful for the opportunity that Penn State gave me. It is really useful knowledge to help us, the people around us and even the world.

I am using that the best way I can. Beside that it share with the maximum people that I can.

By Rani S E

Aug 06, 2019

If you have been going too far in technology and modern life, this course will help you grounded. I will make this short, this course will remind you that you are human and you are encouraged to act like one in many aspect of your life. At the end of this course, hopefully you will know and understand yourself better beyond your job and degree.

By Margaret S

Mar 05, 2019

I loved this course ! It exceeded my expectations and I learned so much. This information will be very useful and applicable in my current professional role. I can't wait to take the rest of the classes. I was so disappointed that the campus program was so expensive but this turned out to be extremely gratifying and useful. Thank you, thank

By Manuel G V G

Jul 26, 2020

la informacion es clara, las clases gravadas como los articulos de revista son ricos en informacion que me han hecho crecer en mi conocimiento, estoy seguro que con este primer curso voy a trabajar mejor y desde otra perspectiva con mis pacientes, de hecho ya he opuesto en practica PERMA con muy buenos resultados y comentarios de mis pacientes.

By Jamila A

Apr 10, 2019

As a beginner to this field of study - I thoroughly enjoyed getting the foundations of what positive psychology actually is. It opened by eyes up to the field and how it's being applied in so many areas around the world. I felt engaged and connected to material (because I'm interested in it) and also with the quizzes and assignments. Thank you!

By Paulette S

Aug 30, 2020

I took the course because I had only recently heard the term Positive Psychology and was curious about it. My curiosity is satisfied and I am intrigued to learn more and to incorporate the exercises taught. I rated it a 5 because even if I did not continue on this learning journey, I have learned enough to improve the quality of my own life.

By Suzanne L

Dec 22, 2018

I have studied positive psychology in depth for several years, and taken several courses of study in the subject. This course enhanced and deepened my knowledge and understanding and gave me fresh perspectives and insight. It was well structured, very informative, and gave me food for thought that I will continue to benefit from over time.

By Tamara B M

Jun 25, 2018

It was a wonderful introduction to Positive Psychology. I will continue on to the other four courses. I wish I would have known I was getting graded I would have tried harder to get 90%. Thanks to all the great instructors. I have my reading material for the next year. Any chance there is a bibliography of all the sited articles and books?

By Alexis G

Aug 14, 2020

I truly enjoyed this course. It was a great introduction to the field and study of positive psychology. I would have liked to have seen Dr. Seligman’s lectures in their totality rather than broken up between weeks. I appreciated all of the video contributors as well. I look forward to continuing with more courses in this specialization!

By Ben

Aug 19, 2018

This is a fantastic course for anybody who is interested in Positive Psychology, the tools to increase well-being, and the application of Positive Psychology in various disciplines.. It provides a solid research and evidence based approach that shows the benefits of Positive Psychology for individuals, communities, and society at large.

By Evan P

Apr 23, 2018

This was my first Coursera class and I couldn't have selected a better one. Professor Seligman's lectures make me feel like I'm in the back row of the classroom since he's so engaging. This course had real world applications that are easily implemented. Thank you all who contributed to allowing me the privilege of taking this course.

By Fernando K

Jul 28, 2017

More than just a type of psychology study and application, it is an amazing philosophy of life. The course is very complete and offers high quality teachings with great professors and is totally worth of the time invested. You can get out of it not just knowing about it but most important, applying it and having clear and great results.

By WONG M H

It is a course of hope. It brings you positive emotion during you are taking the course, learning through it and finished it. I am happy I did it. Dr Seligman is a wonderful tutor. He brings me a new angle to see the future. This course is amazing with a good explanation of what positive psychology is and what we can do better with it.

By Anna J

Oct 16, 2017

This was an excellent introductory course, which was engaging and interactive. Everybody should know about positive psychology. I found it very intriguing to explore the science of well-being and human flourishing, and I believe there is a lot of potential for its application around the world. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Alma E

This is a course that I really enjoyed! I founded inspiring and I felt it had a good balance between the lectures, reading, and also on the sharing. It made me take the time to reflect on the content, questioned myself and also review some of the lectures many times as they were very interesting and engaging. Great course. Thank you!

By DEBORAH S

Mar 29, 2018

as a non-psychology major, i totally enjoyed this course. It has changed my prospective about how I view myself and others. I particullarly paid close attention on how it is so important to look for the best in every bad situation.. because it is there. "PERMA" AND "PRAISE BE" will continue to be by motto. Thanks Dr. Seligman!!!!

By Ruchi B

Oct 14, 2019

Awesome course offered by the pioneer of Positive Psychology- Martin Seligman. Great insight and depth of knowledge are being offered through this course. I truly loved it. I will practice all the terminologies that I learned in this course and apply it to our family's everyday life so that we can be better versions of ourselves.

By Ash B

Oct 13, 2018

This course is simply excellent. You begin by learning where we have erred in history and then go on to learn about how quickly and easily we can correct this. I took this course as a pre-curser to a Life Coaching course that I want to begin next year and now I just can't wait for it to begin because of what I now know about PP!

By Srihari

Aug 26, 2017

A course that i am so glad that i took. Having being fascinated about this subject and the kind of changes that i am making in my life, this course itself has been a great positive intervention.

A big thank you to Prof Seligman and the entire UPen team along with coursera to broaden this science for the wellbeing of this world.

By Susan M M

Apr 23, 2017

I found this course to be useful and powerful in creating new (for me) perspectives in psychology. I also found it hopeful and inspiring, solutions-focused and simple. It gave a really good deal of self-focus type information - the kind that makes you want to know more and also makes you feel more grounded in your own identity.

By Marisol A

May 15, 2019

wonderful introduction to this exciting field on Psychology... I definitely learned about my personal character strengths which helped me to really view myself and what I offer the world in a different way. Additionally, I had never heard of PERMA and I loved the concept so much, I shared it with my connections on social media!

By Keren E

Apr 12, 2020

As a practitioner and avid student, I truly enjoyed this course. It takes a very interesting turn in the second week and begins to delve into the applications and future of positive psychology. These are all as promising as they are fascinating. I mean, who doesn't want to think up ways to make people and communities happier?