Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

MK

A perfect course for aspirant Positive Psychologist. This course change the way I perceive the challenges of life. Learning the Theory of PERMA is very fascinating and beneficial for happy well-being!

JK
May 5, 2021

This is not a course for educational purposes only. This course will change the way you look at yourself and your relationship with society forever. Take it, and encourage your friends to do the same.

101 - 125 of 1,614 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Hunter A B

Nov 6, 2020

I cannot fully state the level of excitement I feel for this course. Truly, this was a discovery I was surely destined to make. The information is simply astounding. This whole realm of positive psychology is, nothing sort of fascinating, and with the realization of the inclusion of fields like Constructive Journalism and even mention of such things as Spiritual Experiences, I have found my life direction. If you're curious, take it from me, this course is something quite profound.

By Nicole d w

Jan 13, 2020

excellent online course that brings wellbeing. It allows you to experience the PERMA dimensions of wellbeing (Positive Emotions - when following the course, Engagement - diversity of courses and tools used, Relationship - you can see what other students also share , Meaning - need for more wellbeing in the world and Achievement - in reaching the certification). Thank you for this great inspiration. This course should e a must for all and applied in all professions.

By Bana B

Aug 16, 2017

This is an amazing course. I'm very luck to hear about Positive Psychology directly from Mr. Seligman and the other esteemed professors. I already have some of the references in my Audible library and finished Flourish, 2 days ago. I'm planning to listen to Ms. Duckworth book "Grit" next. Positive psychology basics along with neuroscience studies and self development information, are included in this course.

Amazing people. profound knowledge. What a great Course!

By Mona S

Apr 10, 2020

Dr Seligman was most engaging and inspiring. I was so in awe of him and all he has done, not only for the field of psychology (a huge paradigm shift), but for the world in generally. He is an incredible thinker/researcher/innovator, outstanding presenter, his work is so meaningful/impactful, and he has created a legacy few in the world could ever hope to leave behind. It has been an honor and a privilege to learn from the great man himself. I am truly inspired.

By Kelly C

Jan 5, 2020

The course was interesting and engaging. I loved that it had former MAPP students or PHD researchers sharing their amazing work and interests. The course was a good foundation and provided interesting overviews of applications in journalism, education and theology. I have been working with these concepts for a few years and am beginning an executive coaching training. I wanted to be sure I had a solid foundation of Positive Psychology and feel I got that.

By glenys j

Jun 8, 2021

Thank you for your thoughtful attention of incorporating various approaches to learning during this course. This has been fascinating and relevant to my work and personal passions. It took me quite a bit longer than anticipated, since I ended up taking 36 pages of notes! What an enriching learning experience - and to have the opportunity to learn from the actual gurus in these fields has been an incredible privilege. Thank you to all involved in this course!

By James M

Sep 22, 2020

I liked this course. Videos were just the right length. I really appreciate the fact that the primary lecturer is really Dr. Seligman. He is very easy to listen to. The other instructors are excellent, their passion really shows. They are enjoyable to listen to as well. I also liked the fact that you have unlimited opportunities to retake the small quizzes. I am enrolled in the Positive Psychology specialization and I am looking forward to the other classes.

By Christy J

Jun 13, 2019

Thank you very much for a thought provoking course. I am a psychologist (graduated 2002) and found so much new information in this course, as well as new perspectives on old research that I had heard about before. The section on fields that are being influenced by positive psychology was inspiring! Just taking this class seemed to improve my outlook on life, increased my optimism about the future (and society), and improved my well being. Thank you!

By Kaya R

Aug 18, 2018

This is a great course, I highly recommend it! I am a university student and this provided a great overview of what positive psychology is, its roots and history, present practices and research, as well as future goals. It shows how impactful positive psychology and positive education are and how they have successfully been implemented into many different segments. This course should be taught in schools! It really gets people interested and thinking!

By Vivianne O A

May 3, 2021

Não tenho palavras para descrever a satisfação que foi terminar o Positive Psychology : Martin E. P. Seligman´s Visionar Science , Me ajudou a compreender que o estado de felicidade e otimismo pode ser genuíno e duradouro. Desenvolver habilidades como empatia, altruísmo, gratidão nos levam a um futuro mais leve e que todas essa habilidades e outras mais estão dentro de nós. Martin Seligman é sensacional e não tenho como expressar minha gratidão !

By Mary A V

Dec 12, 2020

I learned a lot from this course and I’m grateful for the opportunity. Dr. Martin Seligman and the other professors clearly explained the concepts as well as used real-life examples, which made the lectures interesting. I recommend this to everyone especially for those who are in the psychology and alternative healing fields or simply to those wanting to know more about life and how we can achieve more balance and self-mastery. Definitely, 5 stars!

By Danijela N

Apr 2, 2018

Excellent course! Even though, as a psychologist, I was already familiar with most of the presented concepts, I feel that professor Seligman and his assistants made the content engaging, asked excellent questions that generate discussion, and offered a lot of additional resources and content that I was not aware of before. I can only imagine then how enlightening this course is for someone who is encountering positive psychology for the first time.

By Tara S M

Mar 8, 2020

Well-presented with a variety of lectures on many diverse topics related to Positive Psychology. Mind-broadening research paired with engaging story telling makes this course a pleasure to take. Thought provoking questions, quizzes and written assignments ensure you've captured the essence of what's being taught. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to better themselves and the lives of others in their families, work and communities.

By Federico C P

Jun 7, 2018

I have really engaged in this course! I have been applying the apprenticeships in my day to day, sharing them with my wife, in order to improve our relationship and prepare to receive our first daughter. In addition, it has been a very important impulse to continue with my professional development as a teacher and researcher in sports education. I have renewed my commitment to introduce positive psychology in sports education for young people.

By Vani V

May 16, 2020

It was an absolute pleasure to learn about Positive Psychology from Dr. Seligman himself...The course was really insightful and helped me understand the basics of Positive Psychology and also areas where it can be applied and the impact thereof. I'm glad I enrolled for this program and am looking forward to attending the other programs in sequence to complete the Foundations of Positive Psychology specialization!

Best regards,

Vani Vasudeva

By Gita

Dec 28, 2017

Dr. Seligman, thank you so much for doing the work you are doing. It has changed my life in many ways, especially by providing a framework for authentic happiness, built from evidence-based materials, polished with craftmanship. Most of all I thank you for being the instigator of a new and viable language about the positive side of being human. I know the work will make my life better going forward and I believe it's only begun. Good job.

By Johanna " B S

Dec 30, 2018

Amazing, transformative course! I especially loved the filming style that put me in THE Martin Seleigman's actual classroom. This made the experience all the more real to me. He is a hero to me, and I felt like I got to take a class directly from him. This class was the perfect mix of didactic teachings and opportunities to weave my own personal experiences into the understanding of the course material. Really really stellar course.

By Adriana S

Dec 21, 2020

Excelente! A,abordagem do curso nos remete a uma reflexão profunda de não apenas valorizar o positivo, mas também a lidar com os desafios da vida da melhor forma possível, mantendo uma visão positiva na forma e conduta que agimos. Afinal, o bom é o não tão bom fazem parte das nossas vidas. A Psicologia Positiva nos remete a uma nova abordagem, de não apenas reparar o que foi lesado, mas também como aumentar o que nos é valioso.

By Rhick D E

May 2, 2020

This course is indeed a pre-requisite for anyone who wants to study positive psychology. Within four weeks, you can learn how this field will soon change the world. All the videos, materials and activities will help you to acquire the basic to average knowledge of the concepts under positive psychology. This will alter your view in psychology and will make you passionate to work towards the success of this visionary science.

By Julia A

Aug 22, 2020

A great course. I was already a devotee of positive psychology from reading books and journals by Martin. I have been practising positive psychology to some extent in my life already. However, this course offers the empirical rationale for consideration and implementation of positive psychology in our lives. This was a very innovative, interesting and compelling course that kept me on track, informed and engaged throughout.

By Teresa B

Aug 9, 2020

Life changing!!! I loved the course because it is not fluff, but actual factually verified and tested methods to improve your well being. Understanding Positive Psychology on this level is a wonderful base from which to fcreate a life of flourishing! instead of running from self-help book to the next hot "guru", this course will teach you everything you need to know to lay the foundation of a life of flourishing. I love it!

By Giorgi O

Dec 10, 2020

I had an outstanding journey in learning this amazing course! Every slideshow has a very positive music at the beginning that made me feel very comfortable. All the materials were well-organised and very insightful. Many thanks to Professor Martin E.P. Seligman(and his colleagues) for his phenomenal teaching skills and I'm extremely grateful for this opportunity that the University of Pennsylvania and Coursera gave to us.

By CHEN L F

Apr 11, 2021

This course is an eye opener for me! I have been to many motivational talks and they taught us to be positive and rehearse many positive statements in front of our mirrors every morning! Nothing stays more than 2 months as we get bored…you know! Now I can see myself getting more positive when I practice positive psychology, that is, seeing through the lens of Positive Psychology! Thank you, Professor Martin E.P. Seligman

By Dennis T

Apr 26, 2020

Thank you! Thank you for offering this course and all of its incredible insights. I am honored and blessed to have. been able to participate in this course and learn from the father of positive psychology. His approach to improving the lives of others, I believe will go down in the annals of history as one of the biggest breakthroughs in the mind, body, and spirit connection to one's overall mental and physical health.

By Angelica C

So energised to learn that this science has been in the making while I was struggling with the inadequacies of conventional psychology. So very grateful to Dr. Seligman for his enthusiasm and generosity of spirit in founding and sharing this learning.

I do hope though that we can extend it's application even to communities that are not free and are oppressed. That is what interests me as that is the need in my country.