Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

76 - 100 of 1,618 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Navin K K

Nov 19, 2018

I have learnt many things about positive emotions and psychology which shapes once personality and attitude. It was interesting to see that through positive emotions, how one can interact with people and it can be nutrient for once health. Dr. Barbara was a awesome teacher who could communicate her ideas very clearly. Thank you so much madam. your lesson motivated me to do some research on positive psychology.

By Michelle F

Jul 20, 2019

The content of this course was clearly delivered, enlightening and engaging. The format was easy to navigate and kept things interesting-- I really appreciate the conversational component and getting to learn more about the work and applied applications of each guest. Participating in this course was a valuable use of my time. I am inspired and plan to continue learning about the field of positive psychology.

By Gabriella A

Nov 20, 2016

This was one of the best courses I have ever taken, and it really had a positive influence on my own life. Dr. Frederickson beautifully weaves together the importance of cultivating positivity with a scientific explanation on how doing so is possible. This class is particularly useful for anyone who is inclined to coaching, psychology, and self-development. I would take this course again in a heartbeat.

By Antonia S

Nov 22, 2020

I very much appreciated the way Dr. Fredrickson translated the scientific findings into understandable concepts and practical approaches for living a life that can enhance one's wellbeing which she argues is inextricably connected to the wellbeing of others. The course is well-paced, with a good balance of inputs and experiential activities to facilitate learning at the "level" of mind and heart.

By Laura C

Nov 27, 2020

Excellent course !. I am very grateful to Coursera and Dr. Fredrickson for this learning opportunity and their shared knowledge. It was an enriching and beautiful experience that broadened my perspective on life. Now I know that we all have the ability to be happy, despite the various circumstances we go through, we can make the most of our positive emotions to experience a more pleasant life.

By Ilaria B

Nov 6, 2016

I totally enjoyed this course. As a PhD student in Developmental and Social psychology, I'm interested in researching about teachers' wellbeing and emotions at school, and this course gave me some great ideas about how to improve and focus my research. Moreover, it gave me some great suggestions about improving my personal wellbeing by applying some positive psych principles in my daily life.

By CARLOS E A D L R

Oct 7, 2020

Nuevamente lo escribo:

Que importante es la Psicología Positiva, ya que a partir de este momento será motor fundamental en mi vida, a la vez que para todos aquellos que se encuentren en mi entorno o a mi alrededor.

Quiero agradecer a cada una de las personas que hicieron posible mi crecimiento personal a través de este diplomado y con la fe que seré un buen embajador de este magnifico proyecto

By Hardik J

Nov 17, 2021

What a fantastic course! I can proudly say that Positive Psychology is one of the finest courses I have ever studied. Dr. Barbara is a gem who has done a fabulous work in explaining tiny details about various topics. I must say everyone should pursue this course as it has the potential to change our lives.

Thank you Dr. Barbara, Coursera and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

By Beyza N Ö

Dec 28, 2020

Thanks to this course, I realized that the more positive emotions I experience in our daily life, the longer, happier and healthier life I have. But, the best part is that it gives meaning to other person's life. Also, all I need to do is to make use of opportunities that come into my daily life. It's that simple! It was a truly exciting, inspiring and hopeful course. Thank you once again.

By Ela G

Apr 12, 2018

The course is taught with kindness and thoughtfulness and has a strong academic backbone moving it from the touchy-feely type program to a solid, scientifically researched one. It is quite rewarding to know that science supports the fact that love abounds and can be captured if one just pays attention to the beautiful little moments around us. Great learnings and presented vert nicely.

By Wasana F

Aug 6, 2020

This course gives us a broad vision of positivity, emotions, love and how to closely connect with others and how to balance your psychological, physical, spiritual and social wellbeing through the positive Psychological knowledge.

I am grateful to Dr Babra and other resource persons who engaged with this course.

&

I would like to thank, The University of North Carolina and Coursera.

By Namrata

Aug 19, 2015

Wonderful Course , Amazing way to present it in very simple format , Got to learn true meaning of love, gratitude , micro-moments. It gave me new perspective about Positivity . Instead of "being positive" in every situation , which is not possible in many situations , "Being Open" in any situation really worked for me to be more Resilient while living my Imperfectly perfect life .

By Eloise S

Nov 8, 2020

Thank you very much to Coursera, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Dr. Barbara Fredrickson, and the online classmates for this course. The course gave me a new perspective on how to look at things and achieve positivity in my daily life. I will forever be grateful and will strive hard to generate positive micro-moments for others whenever I can. More power to you!

By Kathleen S

Mar 5, 2019

The science is so strong and well presented. The meditations are enriching even for a long-time meditator. The assignments skillfully make the applications to "real life" and finally, the supporting resources offer a treasure trove of additional information and scholarship and tools for maximizing the possibilities of positive resonance.

Thank you Dr. Frederickson and team!

By May X

Feb 16, 2017

Really fun class to take! A great introduction to positive psychology! Lots of hands-on activities to experience psychology in real life! A very inspiring course too! I learn to appreciate more about friendship, family and love. Very well paced but tons of useful and interesting information in each short video. Highly recommended to anyone who is interested in psychology!!!

By Ifigenia K

Jan 5, 2021

Positive Psychology course was very enlightening and offered some breakthrough ideas supported by scientific experiments. Dr Fredrickson's scientific work is very revealing. Her course is very well structured, clear, easy to follow and gives you many opportunities to participate by offering one's personal input. Thank you Dr Fredrickson for such a wonderful experience!

By Flavio W

Sep 28, 2020

The course is excellent. The dynamics of the course lead us to a very concrete interaction and to a question on what level we are interacting with ourselves and with each other.

The course provides various tools, insights and exercises to enhance a life full of love and appreciation. My gratitude to Dr. Barbara L. Fredrickson and the others involved and participants.

By Jonas M

Aug 17, 2020

Took this during the pandemic to try to be more positive and it really made me realize how negative I have been feeling lately, so it was a great reminder that we can control / influence our emotions. lol a lot of the lessons focused on being connected with others... which is hard right now, so I cant wait to connect with others and feel positive when this is over!!

By Tabitha P K

Aug 30, 2018

Positive Psychology is a brilliant course. Its simple and has a good continuity. What i liked most was the simple tips that are give that can be worked out to make not only your life better but make a positive difference to others. Positive emotions and the positivity resonance made so much sense. i loved the course and of course it has made me rethink my ways .

By Karen v M d S

Apr 19, 2020

Really well organized course to get you into the principles of Positive Psychology and the scientific findings of what emotions and specially gratitude and love are. I am really grateful for the opportunity to know the real life behind science as I followed the reasons that took professionals involved in this course, to study and draw into Positive Psychology.

By Jenny B

Jan 15, 2020

This course was interactive, research based and highly engaging. I found many practical strategies that I can take to increase my own personal sense of positive emotions, though that was an added bonus. I was fascinated by the way in which the instructor wove all sorts of connections between positive psychology and other fields. I highly enjoyed this course.

By Dr. M G

May 17, 2021

This has really provided me the tools to reinforce some of the practices that I usually do to connect with people. Given a whole new perspective on love, which is actually the need of the hour today. I would love to stay connected with this community and the work of Dr. Fredrickson. She could make feel this connection continents apart. Thank you so much!

By Syatiul I

Aug 8, 2017

It's great. I've learned so much by taking this course. I once a girl that was so hard to express my feelings probably because i didn't understand them completely. But, after i took this course and learned about that loving kindness meditation, now i begining to lean how to control my emotion and how to express my gratitude towards other people and such.

By Jennifer

Jun 21, 2021

I really loved the format of the course with participants engaging during the lessons. The instructor's teaching style is calming and she is so knowledgeable and humble. This really brought about a new awareness of positivity emotions and has raised my own awareness. I am savouring positive moments more and feel a renewed sense of appreciation for the,.

By Thennakoon M D D

Jun 14, 2020

Excellent course!!! I have empowered my positive mind through this course.Now I can spread positivity to my family,friends and community.The examples that used in this course made very easy to understand the concepts.Thank you so much to Dr.Barbara Fredrickson and other instructors.I will continue practicing positive emotions through my life after this.