Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

JC

Jul 03, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

SJ

Dec 15, 2019

Thi was a very useful subject, with good examples and experiences, weekly exercises that assisted me to reflect on the teachings and the further readings to take my understanding to the next level.

76 - 100 of 731 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Valeria S

Jun 15, 2017

Curso 100% recomendable para todo tipo de público. Es bastante dinámico y aplicable a la vida cotidiana. Inscríbete y sigue descubriendo las emociones que tienes día a día, cómo potenciar aquellas positivas y cómo enfocarte en ser feliz con las pequeñas sorpresas que se te presentan.

By Gerardo L

Oct 08, 2017

I learned important tools that I can use to improve the way I connect to others. Also I learned the importance of positive emotions. There are not only a happy feeling moments as I thought, these are experiences that can shape your wellbeing and those around you. Love the course.

By Rie N

Apr 19, 2017

Great course. Gives new perspective to ordinary daily life, enriches not just yourself but others life, the potential is limitless. I'd like to implement into my daily life and somehow form a habit. Its easy to miss whats right in front of you. Would definitely recommend to others.

By Victoria F S

Mar 30, 2020

I have been fascinated with psychology since I first heard of it from visiting students to my high school from Duke University! It is most compatible with the way I am wired. Thank you for more information and understanding (and other tools) I can use in real life. -Victoria

By Helen H

May 18, 2017

This was an eye-opening course. Not in the way that the data seems inexplicable or revolutionary but just the easy way it is presented and how acheivable it seems for everyone to actually make a change that can contribute not only to ones own health but also to society. Thank you

By Andrew R

Jan 18, 2016

Great course that really highlights, with science to support, the tangible benefits and methods of pursuing positive emotions and thoughts. Definitely not a "lovey dovey" course, but rather a rich scientific approach to understanding and applying positive emotions and thoughts.

By Trilisa O

Oct 27, 2015

Barabara Frederick has been a pleasure to learn from in these modules. I have really enjoyed all of them, and have recommended them to several people. I was introduced through an intro to positive psychology class I am taking for my masters in positive psychology/life coaching.

By lillykainz

Jan 22, 2016

Great course, thank you for making possible to learn such interesting topics, that in Dr. Barbara Fredrickson words, enable us to "broad and built" better persons and environments.

THANKS COURSERA , Without your free resources and commitment we couldn´t get to knowledge!!

By Kathy C U

May 31, 2017

The Positive of Psychology serves as a life coach advice to any youngsters or working professionals. This is also serves as an idea about the ideological of positivity. So in what extremes are we become delusional positive, or being positive and realistic at the same time.

By Shikha R T

Nov 07, 2017

Great Perspective on positive psychology. Was keen on taking something up on coursera on this topic and I am glad I chose this one! It is detailed, well paced, provides great examples and the activities help you to reflect on what you have studied. Totally worth your time.

By Tania R R

Mar 17, 2016

This Course is very helpful, and healthy for our daily life of living as well to others that are around us.

Thanks to Dr Barbara F, and everyone to contribute with their knowledge to improve quality of life.

I have enjoyed this course since the beginning. Thanks very much !

By Adam S C

Jul 21, 2016

Very interesting course, especially the first half. The last week's material is really just common sense.

I greatly enjoyed the reading material that was attached to some of the topics. For me it helps to the digest the information both by reading, and watching lectures.

By Marcelle V

May 31, 2016

It is a great course with scientific researches and data that made me find Positive Psychology interesting. I just finished the course and bought four books about it to get to know it better. Thank you Coursera and Dr. Barbara Fredrickson for this amazing opportunity.

By MESNIL

Sep 02, 2019

J'ai vraiment apprécié ce cours en ligne. J'ai pu suivre le cours à ma vitesse d'apprentissage n'étant pas "fluent in english". c'est un cours clairement exposé, facile d'utilisation avec un ordinateur. Il m'a apporté beaucoup d'information et d'outils à utiliser.

By Sara Y G

Dec 01, 2017

I become very knowledgeable about positive psychology after taking this course. Most importantly the course is designed with participants (user) in mind. It is not all about theory. I learnt many useful skills that I can apply to life right away. Highly recommend!

By Suzana C

Apr 25, 2017

This is a great course for introduction and further understanding and also how to apply "tools" to create inner warmth. Thank you Barbara for sharing this with us. I have started to do LoveKindnessMeditation on regular basis. It works.

Feeling grateful. Suzana

By Karen

May 22, 2016

Thank you so much Barbara. So much of your course content resonated with how I try to live my life and connect with people I encounter. The science behind it is very encouraging and validates that approach and to keep moving and growing in that direction.

By Marian P

Feb 11, 2016

A fantastic course to develop knowledge on positive psychology, and will really help me and my clients. Barbara is excellent, and this course is very easy to follow and understand. Have already been recommending it to my colleagues. Thanks from the UK!

By Cyril R

Mar 19, 2018

Great mix of theory and practice. The course is lively as this is a podium discussion between experts around Barbara Frederickon. And there is practice along the way, very practical with weekly experiments. THE PERFECT MIX. Experiential! Many thanks!!!!

By Ruby R B

Aug 29, 2016

Absolutely brilliant course: I really enjoyed it, especially how the information was presented in a way that makes it easy to use in your daily life. Definitely recommended and I look forward to a second installment of Positive Psychology on Coursera.

By Javier A

Sep 21, 2015

Often positivity is seen as a "kumbaya" thing. Having science support for some facts is great for me since I often need the facts.

But this course goes beyond that, offering some tools to increase positive emotions in your life. I highly recommend it

By Tomek C

Oct 06, 2016

It's a great course. I would like to give it 4.5 stars, so I rounded it up...

If you liked this course, I really recommend the Harvard open course in Positive Psychology with Professor Tal Ben-Shahar, which was recorded in 2010 or 11, and is online.

By Nooruddin B M

Aug 14, 2018

An Awesome Experience with lots of learning. Its also provided an avenue for understanding self and healing self. Thanks from the bottom of my heart to Dr. Fredrickson and all those who are working and spreading the science of positive psychology.

By Lisa S

Sep 28, 2016

Excellent course filled with real-life applications on how to increase a feeling of connectedness and joy. Well-presented, interactive, and applicable to anyone interested in psychology, neuroscience, or just basic wellness. Very worth the time.

By Angélica M M M

Jul 20, 2018

Estoy muy contenta y agradecida con la Doctora Fredrickson por compartir su conocimiento en plataformas digitales que están al alcance de toda la población. Los conocimientos vistos serán intensificados en mi persona y compartidos con los demás.